Fragile Bird

Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

98 posts in this topic

Well, that was fun while it lasted. I got three new Golem and three new Rhydon. Unfortunately I accidentally evolved a low IV Golem so my candy for that is gone, but at least I got a new highest CP 'mon with my 2399 Rhydon. Also plenty of Omanyte and Kabuto candy (though I'll have to wait on hatching a decent IV version of each). Actually, another thing that annoyed me (and it's really pedantic), I had a great streak of catching Omanytes - I was 43 Seen 43 caught. Then I went to catch another whilst I was a passenger, and it went out of range before it loaded - but it still counted as being ''seen''. Damn! Similar thing happened with Kabuto actually, but I hadn't seen as many of those.

Otherwise, not too bothered the event is over (although it was much better than my usual fare, even so). Only major downside is no more Slugma, which means no more Fire Pokemon to get the Fire-Type Gold badge. But with the return of Swinub and Murkrow, I'll be chasing the Ice- and Dark- type badges once again.

Great news! It seems like we're finally getting Generation 1 Legendaries this Summer (i.e. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, unsure of Mew/Mewtwo or Gen 2 Legendaries). 

I am super excited to get a Zapdos, even though I'm team Valor. I really hope it doesn't limit you to only getting the type associated with your team. I also hope we can use them in gyms, even if each gym is limited to one Legendary (I think that would be a good idea(.

I haven't leveled up anytime recently, but I have just evolved my second Venusaur - this time with Razor Leaf and Petal Blizzard. Again, not the ideal moveset, but at least it's dual grass this time. I have no candy to evolve it and, after tomorrow, no nest at which to get more. Walking for more candy will take literally forever, but I just maxed my Vileplume today so at least I might have the stardust to power Venusaur 2 up (1400-2000+).

Also nearly got my second Gyarados. Working by a river with 3+ spawn points has it's perks! Should have that by tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

Got my first 7  day streak in nearly 2 months, and what do I get? another king stone. blah

Edited by Lany Freelove Cassandra

13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Got my first 7  day streak in nearly 2 months, and what do I get? another king stone. blah

I actually threw away 3 Dragon scales on Sunday for want of space in my bag.  I'm no where near evolving another Seadra, so I figure hanging on to just two is enough...

Oddly enough, I've actually spun three specials in the last few weeks also.

Caught a randon, in the wild, out of nowhere Porygon the other day.. 

Lucky! I did the same but with a Togetic. 

Also forgot to spin yesterday, so my streak has now reset. Fortunately it has at least meant that my Spin and Catch streaks are on the same day again.

New event starting tomorrow, extra fire and ice types for the solstices

I've kept playing some, actually brought down a level 8 gym today, but the streaks have been suffering. Anyway, the other night I checked and saw something I kind of thought looked like Porygon. Since there was no time to spare, I put on my shoes and ran towards the pokestop (my wife thought I was an idiot). Once there, it turned out to be the final evolution of Hoppip, which doesn't really look remotely the same. I already had the second evolution and 100 candies so I didn't even try to catch it, just said fuck it and went back home. So the way things are heading, I will soon have played for a year and still not seen a single Porygon.

Well, it appears the event has officially begun. Bunch of fire 'mon on my sightings, which is exciting. Grass are still my favourite Pokemon but Fire types are - if possible - even rarer here, so I am pretty excited by even a Vulpix or a Ponyta, let alone a Charmander. Speaking of which, I caught one just now that has high CP, high IVs and is the only Charmander I've caught rather than hatched. Absurd! But also awesome. 

Hopefully with judicious use of Pinap berries and some luck I'll be able to finally get Charizard. Just seeing a Cyndaquil would be nice - I don't expect to get Typhlosion based on my current sightings. Hell, even getting another Ninetales/Arcanine/Rapidash would be pretty sweet, and getting the Gold Fire badge  (made a lot of progress in the rock event thanks to Slugma).

Ice types are less urgent, but as a long shot it would be nice to finally get a Lapras. Otherwise, I'm not short of candy or high IV versions for Cloyster, Dewgong or Jynx, so no hurry. I was already about to get the Ice badge in a day or two anyway.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, Maltaran said:

New event starting tomorrow, extra fire and ice types for the solstices

As I drove into my neighborhood, it was suddenly filled with fire and ice types, so I came to ask if something was going on.  Caught 3 Cyndaquils up at the pond.  (I didn't need anything else but there were Sheldors. Ponytas, and even a Charmander, and then a Houndhour in my house)

I'm quickly working through my Ultra Ball supply, but at this rate, I think I will be able to reach level 30 by evolving on sunday which should give me 30 more balls to throw away on my road to Typhlosion.

I leveled up to 29 today (but I haven't tried to do it)

No Cyndaquils in the neighborhood today :(  I need 11 more still, @ 2 a day, I don't think I'm going to make it

Posted (edited)

On 6/13/2017 at 6:01 PM, Leap said:

Well, it appears the event has officially begun. Bunch of fire 'mon on my sightings, which is exciting. Grass are still my favourite Pokemon but Fire types are - if possible - even rarer here, so I am pretty excited by even a Vulpix or a Ponyta, let alone a Charmander. Speaking of which, I caught one just now that has high CP, high IVs and is the only Charmander I've caught rather than hatched. Absurd! But also awesome. 

Hopefully with judicious use of Pinap berries and some luck I'll be able to finally get Charizard. Just seeing a Cyndaquil would be nice - I don't expect to get Typhlosion based on my current sightings. Hell, even getting another Ninetales/Arcanine/Rapidash would be pretty sweet, and getting the Gold Fire badge  (made a lot of progress in the rock event thanks to Slugma).

Ice types are less urgent, but as a long shot it would be nice to finally get a Lapras. Otherwise, I'm not short of candy or high IV versions for Cloyster, Dewgong or Jynx, so no hurry. I was already about to get the Ice badge in a day or two anyway.

Actually got my Charizard tonight.  Little Jax was ecstatic.  He's one of those Wonders it would seem...

On 6/13/2017 at 6:22 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

As I drove into my neighborhood, it was suddenly filled with fire and ice types, so I came to ask if something was going on.  Caught 3 Cyndaquils up at the pond.  (I didn't need anything else but there were Sheldors. Ponytas, and even a Charmander, and then a Houndhour in my house)

I'm catching everything and anything.  Building up as much dust as I can so I can get all my stronger Pokemon charged up after I hit level 30 in a day or two...

Edited by Jaxom 1974

I tried catching everything the past couple of days.  I keep running out of room in my pokebag (or whatever) and I've now used up all my great balls too.  I don't get enough pokestops when I can't hit the park near work (and it's been month's since I did that). I certainly can't get a lot to evolve with a lucky egg. 

It certainly gets harder the more pokemon you have. I only have duplicates of a couple that are not the backups for evolving (ok, I evolve the highest CP, then keep the second highest, so those don't really affect the count)

Anyway, the Cindy's must be on my sleep schedule...every other day. Caught a ton of them today and now I only need two more.

Argh! I was so close to catching my first Lapras this morning. Ultra Ball, Razzberry, Curve Ball and Excellent. Couldn't have asked for a better shot. And it fled straight away.

But I did catch a level 1 Typhlosion immediately afterwards, so it's not too bad.

So apparently the gyms are in for a rehaul? I have no idea what it will mean, but it would be nice if it somehow stopped the three yellow ones that raids every gym in my city, every night.

In other news, since my last Gligar I've hatched two Chanseys and two Laprases. The Chansey candies were welcome since I was walking a Chansey in order to power up my Blissey, at 2700 right now, not that it matters against anyone close to level 30. The two Laprases were duds, one was a wonder but both had water attacks which pretty much makes them useless copies of Vaporeon. I already have a Lapras with ice attacks though, which makes it a buffed Cloyster. 

Festival a success, as I started with a single Cyntaqil and a single Houndour, and I now have a Typhlosion and a Houndoom. Also, enough canides (and more) to power up my wonder Arcanine.

Felt good. Would still like that #¤#"# Porygon.

I only ever caught one Porygon, and last night I finally finished walking the damn thing and got my Porygon2. Woot! Still about 20some candies short of a Typhlosion though.

Whoa! So there's a huge new update coming this week that has a whole bunch of new features, including a complete overhaul of the gym system. Features include:

- Only 6 slots per gym (which are all available, meaning no more prestiging!) and Pokemon can lose motivation once in a gym, meaning you have to keep feeding them or they lose CP. Only one Pokemon per type per gym - no more gyms that are just Blissey!

- Gyms will also behave as Pokestops now.

- Raids! Fight an extra powerful boss at the gym for the chance to catch a rare, powerful Pokemon and get a whole bunch of new items, including Golden Razzberries and...

- TMs! Possibly my favourite part of the whole update. Available for both Fast and Charge moves. I reckon they'll be somewhere between Pinap Berries and Evolution Items in terms of rarity (although that depends on how much you gym battle). I'm not sure if a TM will be assigned a specific move or if you can just choose from your chosen Pokemon's move pool, hopefully the latter if they are not very common. 

Personally, I'm really happy with these changes. There are tangible improvements to both individual and collective styles of play. Can't wait to finally change that Sludge Bomb on my Venusaur to Solar Beam!

I am curious to see how these changes go.  From my reading it looks TM might be raid only reward items, but who knows what the end result will be.