The Unholy Consult SPOILER thread

kuenjato

I'm not posting major spoilers from the book before it is released, and no-one else is either (I swear I will descend on this thread like the Horde if anyone starts doing that).

This thread can be used when the book is actually released for people to start posting info in it right away, which is still two months from now. Last time I looked, the book will actually be released in the UK a few days before the US, just to make things more spoileriffic.

3 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I'm not posting major spoilers from the book before it is released, and no-one else is either (I swear I will descend on this thread like the Horde if anyone starts doing that).

This thread can be used when the book is actually released for people to start posting info in it right away, which is still two months from now. Last time I looked, the book will actually be released in the UK a few days before the US, just to make things more spoileriffic.

I figure any excerpts, quotes and comments from y'all are fair game here, too?

Good job Wert!

Lol, I find it funny that people here say that they know the ending and know people who got ARCs yet they get a little shy when asked. The irony is that those people say Madness is a troll :P

Well yes, I don't want to get banned for posting spoilers from an unreleased book?

If I wanted to go the madness route, I would claim that the book has a very satisfying conclusion and doesn't end on a cliffhanger at all.

Edit: I could write the ending down in an envelope and send it to you and you could open it up live on twitch after the book comes out if you like. :P

You misunderstood me.I don't want to know the ending, I just want to know how did you knew it and how is Kalbear getting an ARC. Like I said, I don't know of anyone getting an ARC except for Pat ,Wert and Bakkerfans.

6 minutes ago, redeagl said:

You misunderstood me.I don't want to know the ending, I just want to know how did you knew it and how is Kalbear getting an ARC. Like I said, I don't know of anyone getting an ARC except for Pat ,Wert and Bakkerfans.

I have contacts in the book industry. I worked for a while at Amazon with the book buyers as our customer and they literally have a giant room full of ARCs which anyone can come in and grab.

I missed getting the affc ARC by hours.

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

ARCs for books are usually sent to more than 3 people before a book goes out. Believe it or not, this forum does not encompass 100 percent of book readers on earth.

Lmao, you still avoided the question . Anyway I am guessing it is your local B&N branch manger.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I have contacts in the book industry. I worked for a while at Amazon with the book buyers as our customer and they literally have a giant room full of ARCs which anyone can come in and grab.

I missed getting the affc ARC by hours.

Ah well, that answers my question. Thanks.

Well, what we used the previous spoiler thread for was to talk about things that had been released prior to the book being released. We talked about the first half of the Sorweel chapter and the Ishual chapter, as well as various things like artwork that had been released. 

For instance, from the quotes, we know that Mimara ends up with the actual Ordeal, and sees it before...well, before whatever. We at least get some vague PoV of Aurang. And boy, does everything looked damned. Drawing hell itself up seems like an issue - is Golgotterath a true topos like Cij-Aujus is?

I'm curious what chapter is going to be released. 

Interesting (this is nothing remotely spoilery btw, Pat is yanking your chains).

I make it eight. Unless your ARC is a slightly different revision?

I made the thread so that the various leakage (like Pat's quote, and the hopefully-upcoming sample chapter) could be discussed -- outside of the main RSB thread. For example, the hints toward the book's structure revealed in the quotes and impressions.

Pat and Wert--does every chapter really have mind-blowing spoilers or something? The two chapters released for TGO had a *lot* of revelations (fate of Ishual, whale mothers, the truth of the 99 etc. )

Archived