The Unholy Consult SPOILER thread

kuenjato

2 hours ago, kuenjato said:

Pat and Wert--does every chapter really have mind-blowing spoilers or something? The two chapters released for TGO had a *lot* of revelations (fate of Ishual, whale mothers, the truth of the 99 etc. )

No mind-blowing stuff in every chapter, no. But it's the last volume and the shit is going down, so I figure that almost every chapter has something that can be construed as a spoiler, be it minor or major. Which is probably why it's hard for Scott to come up with something that will get people excited without spoiling them.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

The real question is how much black semen will there be?

Very little, actually!

So there's some timeline conundrums. From Wert's edits of the Nonmen Mythology section.

If Nil'giccas is the son of Sin'niroiha and Tsiniru who is born during the wars between Nihrimsul and Siol, how much time passes between the peace treaty between Sin'niroiha and Cu'jara-Cinmoi and Nin'janjin coming to beg the pardon of the Inchoroi? It's gotta be a few centuries right? The glossary for TTT states that Nil'giccas abandons the Great Ordeal after he's embittered by the loss of his remaining sons. 

So Nil'giccas is born during the strife between Nihrimsul and Siol, but enough time has to pass for him to reach maturity, get married and have plenty of children, but all before the Womb-Plague. Is there a more detailed entry on the Cuno-Inchoroi Wars in the new Glossary that hashes out the specifics of the timeline?

Not really. The only hint to this is that Nihrimsul endured the "Thousand-Year Siege", but there's also a suggestion that Nihrimsul and Siol were at odds for many thousands of years, just not in a constant state of war, so that could be long before Arkfall.

Sin'niroiha is also specified as having refused the Inoculation and was the last Nonman to die of old age as a result.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:14 AM, LuckyCharms said:

So Nil'giccas is born during the strife between Nihrimsul and Siol, but enough time has to pass for him to reach maturity, get married and have plenty of children, but all before the Womb-Plague. Is there a more detailed entry on the Cuno-Inchoroi Wars in the new Glossary that hashes out the specifics of the timeline?

We don't know at what age they can start having children. For all we know it could be similar to humans.

At this stage I have to say that you have to read - very carefully! - the encyclopedic glossary that follows the main story. There's a lot of stuff in there that illuminates the plot of The Unholy Consult (and some of the earlier books).

44 minutes ago, Werthead said:

At this stage I have to say that you have to read - very carefully! - the encyclopedic glossary that follows the main story. There's a lot of stuff in there that illuminates the plot of The Unholy Consult (and some of the earlier books).

Wert, would you even recommend reading the glossary in advance or simultanesously - looking up terms...?

Notably, during the Apocalypse, Seswatha and Anasûrimbor Nau-Cayûti did not pass through the Golden Room in their famed raid on the Ark. However, after his feigned death and subsequent capture, Nau-Cayûti was taken to the Golden Room, where a chain of prisoners had to first pass the Inverse Fire before being consumed by the Carapace, prior to the awakening of the No-God.[2]

You sure that last bit was in the Great Ordeal? I know it's been theorized but I don't recall it being confirmed.

On 2017-5-14 at 5:34 PM, Hello World said:

You sure that last bit was in the Great Ordeal? I know it's been theorized but I don't recall it being confirmed.

I'm wondering now if it is in one of Akka's dreams in TWLW. It's not in TUC, I made sure.

Archived