The Unholy Consult SPOILER thread

kuenjato

Spoiler

This is either somewhat misleading or hugely misleading. It's not as bad as a couple of the other ones he did, but it's certainly nothing to start theorybating about. 

Just now, Madness said:

#hypekiller

There's a ton of things to be actually hyped about in the book, honestly. I don't see why misleading people is the way to go. Like, for instance:

Spoiler

You will find out the identity of the voice that speaks to Kellhus.

Or

Spoiler

You will find out the truth and background of the Inverse Fire.

Those are at least cool things to think will get answered. If you want to get actual teasers about the book itself:

Spoiler

There are fights with demons, dragons, two new kinds of sranc, and one totally new Inchoroi weapon never been seen before.

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

Yes but how much Black Semen?

Not a whole lot. 

Or here's a passage that I think can work to not be all that spoilery that I really liked and I kept thinking about for a while after I finished.

Spoiler

The Holy Aspect-Emperor replied as if this were the very clay to be
cracked and sifted. “As they have to! The thing—the most horrific thing to
understand, Proyas, is that at some point the Inchoroi must win. At some
point, perhaps this year or ages hence, the whole of humanity will be
butchered. Think on it! Why did Momas strike Momemn, his namesake
city, and not this infernal place? Why is Eternity blind to Golgotterath? Because
it stands outside Eternity, outside what the Gods can see. And that
blindness is nothing short of breathtaking, Proyas! Our actions, our Great
Ordeal, follows a doom outside of doom! We undertake a pilgrimage that
rewrites the Hundred with every step!”

Just now, Madness said:

Lol, I'm still not bakkerfans. Enjoy the Kalbear Show 2017 while it lasts, bud.

I didn't say you were, and didn't think you were; I just don't get why someone would outright and deliberately mislead about the teasers, which bakkerfans has done at least twice. The most charitable conclusion is that those bits were cut, and that sucks. The most recent one wasn't cut, but it's really misleading. 

6 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I didn't say you were, and didn't think you were; I just don't get why someone would outright and deliberately mislead about the teasers, which bakkerfans has done at least twice. The most charitable conclusion is that those bits were cut, and that sucks. The most recent one wasn't cut, but it's really misleading. 

The most recent one seems to me one that can be interpreted in many ways. I would not qualify that as misleading, but I haven't had the pleasure of reading TUC as of yet.

Regarding the Golgorrerath map, is it a similar one like Shimeh, that is laying out the environs and (some of) the various factions, or is it a map of the interior of the Ark...?

"Angel descends" to me brings to mind a literal Angelic creature, so possibly the rumoured Angelic Ciphrang. Or maybe reference to Mog Pharau. Could of course be metaphoric for so many things. I guess it just seems to suggest we'll be seeing someone or something of a special nature.

I believe the Inchie Bros were at one point described by the Cunuroi as 'the angel physicians'.  Perhaps this refers to Aurang fellating Aurax.  I mean my phone is already trying to autocorrect Inchie Bros to 'Inchie Bris' so wtf do I know?!?

23 hours ago, Madness said:

#hypekiller

Dude I've pre-ordered the ebook and the hardcopy but I don't think that this thread actually influences sales, within or without it.

16 hours ago, Damelon said:

Regarding the Golgorrerath map, is it a similar one like Shimeh, that is laying out the environs and (some of) the various factions, or is it a map of the interior of the Ark...?

The map is just like the Shimeh map. 

5 hours ago, Calibandar said:

"Angel descends" to me brings to mind a literal Angelic creature, so possibly the rumoured Angelic Ciphrang. Or maybe reference to Mog Pharau. Could of course be metaphoric for so many things. I guess it just seems to suggest we'll be seeing someone or something of a special nature.

Yeah, this is why I said don't get too much into the theorybating. 

4 hours ago, akh said:

Or maybe it's just an angelic looking Serwa raining down destruction from the sky, swooping into the battle in some shiny sorcery way.

Depending on what he's referring to this is much more close to the truth. 

3 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Dude I've pre-ordered the ebook and the hardcopy but I don't think that this thread actually influences sales, within or without it.

Madness is self-loathing and Kalbear is his goatee wearing evil-ego. Nuff said.

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Yeah, this is why I said don't get too much into the theorybating.

Idfk, on SA Wert said that MG's teaser had "four" possible interpretations.

So like... #hypekiller, as the skin-spy said.

Archived