Weird personal question... about me

Kinda? I was exceptionally amused to have you pull the 'do you know who I am' card at the meet - that was pretty funny. You're definitely more open to talking about yourself and your family. I know I didn't get into any arguments for two hours about eminent domain, too, so that was different. 

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Kinda? I was exceptionally amused to have you pull the 'do you know who I am' card at the meet - that was pretty funny. You're definitely more open to talking about yourself and your family. I know I didn't get into any arguments for two hours about eminent domain, too, so that was different. 

:)

You are much more easy going in person and let things slide a bit more without "lawyering" eg over analysing each and every word used.     I used to think you where kinda scary until I met you in person.   I understand you better now and your posts are no longer scary.

Your also shorter than I expected.  I mean my default expectation is for even those who claim to be short to tower way above me.

5 minutes ago, Pebble said:

You are much more easy going in person and let things slide a bit more without "lawyering" eg over analysing each and every word used.     I used to think you where kinda scary until I met you in person.   I understand you better now and your posts are no longer scary.

Your also shorter than I expected.  I mean my default expectation is for even those who claim to be short to tower way above me.

Pebble,

Nope.  I'm pretty short for a guy.  I'm really hoping my son towers over me... not that it would take much to do that. :)

Scot you are more charming in person.   You come across more as curious in person rather than cross-examining.

Better hugs in person, too.  Xoxo.

I'd give anything to get a picture of you and Sloggy together, y'all are the ends of the bell curve and my two favorite lawyers.

I think the only difference is that you are, in person more likely to give hugs and less likely to set up strawmen to debate.  But the latter is part of your charm on the board :)  I find that most of the people I meet from the board are different than what I had as a mind picture but there is a core truth of them that bears out in their personal presentation.  You are very close to your core truth, IMO.

56 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I found you more animated and "fun" relaxed in person.  Not everything was so serious, but likes Zabs said, your core "self" was there.

(also, the first time we met, I think it was only the second time you met people from the board, and that image is how I still see you)

Nope that was the first time I met people from the board.  trinocon in Raleigh.  That was my first con too.

You were completely not what I expected and at the same time like Zabzie said about your core truth, you are what I expect you to be.  But I basically don't ever cross paths with you here on the board with the posts we post in but whenever we are at Worldcons I spend a lot of time talking with you and hanging out and I wouldn't have expected that.  You talk in longer sentences in person than you post on the board...of course its easier to talk in person than type on a phone.

28 minutes ago, lady narcissa said:

You were completely not what I expected and at the same time like Zabzie said about your core truth, you are what I expect you to be.  But I basically don't ever cross paths with you here on the board with the posts we post in but whenever we are at Worldcons I spend a lot of time talking with you and hanging out and I wouldn't have expected that.  You talk in longer sentences in person than you post on the board...of course its easier to talk in person than type on a phone.

I mostly thumb type my sentences here.  It promotes brevity. ;)

In the US, probably Boskone, which is an annual SF convention in Boston, Massachusetts in February. In UK, it was Eastercon, which is an annual SF convention in UK that moves cities each year; this year was in Birmingham, England in March. The largest annual meetup is usually at WorldCon, which is held during the summer in a different location every year (2017 is Helsinki, Finland; 2018 is San Jose, California), and at TitanCon, a convention in Belfast, Ireland, which is organized by a number of old-school boarders plus their friends each fall.

Archived