hoonin'

is hooning a big problem in your locality? has anyone here noticed an uptick in hooning activity? do you feel your community is being overrun by hooners (aka hoonigans)? in queensland, there is apparently such a boon of hoons authorities have had to set up an anti-hoon hotline (you can also report hoons online).  

personally, i don't see too much hooning (american variety) in my quiet little neighborhood, but it's not unheard of. I don't mind the occasion hoon, myself -- but of course, like all things, in moderation.

sound off your hoon thoughts below

Oh it's hooning season on the Hudson.  Every Confederate flag-flying truck for miles around congregates in the parking lot across the street from me once or twice a week for some hooning.  

When left unattended these vehicles have been getting assorted left-wing bumper stickers attached to their odious symbols, windows and body panels.  Oops.

56 minutes ago, r'hllor's reformed lobster said:

and what a great word it is

I always called it "smoke shows".

After I googled it I asked the gear head who sits next to me about hooning and he spent 10 minutes talking about tires, hand brake set ups, lift kits and driving techniques. Finally had to cut him off! :) 

I don't think it's hoonin but it makes me remember a time I was hanging out with my friend. It a cold frozen winter day and he had just got these new gloves and he just wouldn't shut up about them all day. How warm they were, how nice they looked, how nice they felt.

Then that night some other guys were messing around in a parking lot. One guy holding onto a car's back bumper while the car drove around, he was dragged along with his feet sliding on the ice. The guy said how much fun it was but hands got so cold holding onto the bumper, did anyone have any gloves? Now I didn't do it with malicious intent, it was almost like an automatic response because - my friend = gloves - had been hammered into me that day. I pointed at my friend and he shot daggers at me not wanting his nice new gloves to get ruined from someone wearing them and holding onto a car bumper.

There are times when I worry about the future of the human race. Then comes something like this.  The dimwits and morons decide to make themselves as  unattractive as possible to the opposite sex. Hope for the human race springs forth again.

Please.  I live in the land of deep-fried hoonigans.  My personal favorites are the ones that drive the giant-tired pickup trucks with the Confederate flag proudly waving in the back.  Nothing says moron like giant tires and confederate flag combos.  There is one hoonigan down the road from me that has CRUEL INTENTIONS written in his windshield in huge, gothic lettering.  

I often ponder it.  Is he proud of his own, personal cruel intentions?  Or is he perhaps a fan of the Sarah Michelle Geller/Ryan Phillipe movie?  I suspect the latter.  But every time I see the truck, I scream out, "CRUEL INTENTIONS!!!" and giggle maniacally.

2 hours ago, Elder Sister said:

Please.  I live in the land of deep-fried hoonigans.  My personal favorites are the ones that drive the giant-tired pickup trucks with the Confederate flag proudly waving in the back.  Nothing says moron like giant tires and confederate flag combos.  There is one hoonigan down the road from me that has CRUEL INTENTIONS written in his windshield in huge, gothic lettering.  

I often ponder it.  Is he proud of his own, personal cruel intentions?  Or is he perhaps a fan of the Sarah Michelle Geller/Ryan Phillipe movie?  I suspect the latter.  But every time I see the truck, I scream out, "CRUEL INTENTIONS!!!" and giggle maniacally.

I can never understand why people would rally under the flag of losers.  Even the Toronto Maple Leafs did win Stanley Cups. The Confederacy, losers. Total losers. 

Archived