Please, please can't we all just get along!

Dear Starks,

-

-

Can't we all just get along.

Symond, Jared, Rhaegar, Jinglebells, Merrett, Petyr are dead.  There are enough wrongs to go around.  So let's be friends, shall we. 

His Lordship, the Lord of the Crossing instructed me to make the following offer to heal the rift between us.

• Toll free access for 5 years for all goods from the North.
  • We will return Robb's overcoat after mending the holes.
  • We will return Greywind's pelt and the fleas.
  • Pay 10% of the cost to repair Winterfell even if we didn't do the damage.
  • Sign a peace treaty with the Frogeaters.  We promise not to feed them to our pigs if they promise to leave our farms alone.

Very truly yours,

Lothar Frey

Steward of The Twins

pc Lord Walder Frey

Dear Mr. Frey,

On behalf of the Starks, we agree in principle to accept your most generous terms.  We would agree to waive any claims to the last two items on your list if you agree to waive any claims to the damages caused by Nymeria and Stoneheart to the people of the Riverlands.  Further, you agree to dispose of them at your own expense.  We in turn agree to forfeit any rights to collect any further relief other than that specified in items 1-3 on your offer.

At your service,

William Portnoy, Esq

Legal Adviser to the Starks

2 hours ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Dear Starks,

-

-

Symond, Jared, Rhaegar, Jinglebells, Merrett, Petyr are dead.  There are enough wrongs to go around.  So let's be friends, shall we. 

His Lordship, the Lord of the Crossing instructed me to make the following offer to heal the rift between us.

• Sign a peace treaty with the Frogeaters.  We promise not to feed them to our pigs if they promise to leave our farms alone.

Very truly yours,

Lothar Frey

Steward of The Twins

pc Lord Walder Frey

To the Frey's of the Crossing,

Upon careful consideration, I see the wisdom in accepting your gracious gift of peace during these most unsettling of times. In light of this reestablished union, we propose a feast to demonstrate to the realm that we have restored the love lost between our houses. Due to the tattered state of Winterfell, we propose that our two families, in their entirety, meet at Moat Cailin under banners of peace. Lord Manderly has ordered his finest cooks to prepare the most decadent of pies. His soon-to-be goodsons, Lords Rhaegar and Little Walder Frey have been instrumental in ensuring that they will be pleasing to our cause.

signs on the dotted line

I am curious what people think is fair terms.  What does each side need to give up in order to have a fair agreement.  Lady Stoneheart will have to be destroyed and the wolfpack with Nymeria.  The Freys agree to return the bones of all the ones who fell at the red wedding and return Riverun to Edmure.  I would not let Edmure have his paramount position because he is likely to strike back even if he agreed not to.  Let him keep Riverrun but reduce his military ability.

2 minutes ago, Ser Frasier of House Crane said:

So you're saying Melisandre glamoured Stannis as Mance as Rattleshirt? Makes sense.

No, Mel glamoured Stannis as Euron who is Benjen who is Tyrion who is Dario who is Lothar frey who is Ned who is Irri who is Tansy who is Petyr who is Dany who is Varys who is Arya who is Illyrio who is cersei who is Victarion who is Olenna who is Robb who is Osha who is Tywin who is Chataya who is Alys who is Tyrion again who is Asha who is Jiqqi who is Bran who is Mace who is Euron again who is Sandor who is Merritt Frey who is Rickon who is Mance. Get it now? 

4 minutes ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

signs on the dotted line

I am curious what people think is fair terms.  What does each side need to give up in order to have a fair agreement.  Lady Stoneheart will have to be destroyed and the wolfpack with Nymeria.  The Freys agree to return the bones of all the ones who fell at the red wedding and return Riverun to Edmure.  I would not let Edmure have his paramount position because he is likely to strike back even if he agreed not to.  Let him keep Riverrun but reduce his military ability.

There's nothing the Frey's have that anyone wants... well, Edmure probably wants Riverun back. That's about it. They've always been the trash of the noble houses, and they've pretty much made it so that it will always be the case. Breaking guest right with cold blooded murder means no one would ever trust them to follow through on any agreement they may come to. They have demonstrated they have no honor, or scruples for that matter. So, the only thing they have the North will want is their lifeblood.

16 hours ago, Wm Portnoy said:

On behalf of the Starks, we agree in principle to accept your most generous terms.  We would agree to waive any claims to the last two items on your list if you agree to waive any claims to the damages caused by Nymeria and Stoneheart to the people of the Riverlands.  Further, you agree to dispose of them at your own expense.  We in turn agree to forfeit any rights to collect any further relief other than that specified in items 1-3 on your offer.

I wonder if the Starks will be made to answer for the damages being caused by Nymeria. 

15 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

No, Mel glamoured Stannis as Euron who is Benjen who is Tyrion who is Dario who is Lothar frey who is Ned who is Irri who is Tansy who is Petyr who is Dany who is Varys who is Arya who is Illyrio who is cersei who is Victarion who is Olenna who is Robb who is Osha who is Tywin who is Chataya who is Alys who is Tyrion again who is Asha who is Jiqqi who is Bran who is Mace who is Euron again who is Sandor who is Merritt Frey who is Rickon who is Mance. Get it now? 

I asked PJ about this, and I think it makes sense.  Actually it's rather obvious.  Thanks @Dorian Martell's son!

To the infamous House Frey;

We, the Blackwoods, swear we'll never make peace with you. You must pay for killing His Majesty, Robb of House Stark, and my cousin Lucas.

We have been talking with Lady Stoneheart, Ser Blackfish and Nymeria the she-direwolf, and you can expect something bloody!!!

2 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

So the Frey's killed  50-100 people who had Guest Rights. It is the Gods, if they exist, they have to appease, not the Starks. 

The North.*

Guest right was icing on the cake. They still murdered people that they knew would be unarmed, not just killed, and the North remembers. Now the Frey's can't be trusted with anything. If they had somehow come out way on top so that everyone would need to grovel to them (like Lannisters), then maybe it would have been worth it. In the end, this is not the case... They've screwed themselves. They've "won" Riverun but not the Lord Paramount title.

The political climate requires formal alliances be sealed by marriage and who is going to marry their child to a Frey now? On the surface, we could say "Lannisters," but look at how at least one of the marriages (Lancel and Amerei) had ulterior motives (Darry). On top of that, the only daughter Tywin offers to them is a bastard, meaning he wouldn't even risk a real Lannister being put into Frey care.

They let Tywin and other Lannisters play them like a fiddle and they aren't even smart enough to see it. Tywin's disregard for their House is on on par with Tully and they don't see that either. Did Walder forget that Tywin himself publicly objected to his sister being married to a Frey? They were an expendable tool.

I'm not trying to argue that the Frey's shouldn't have flipped sides. I get it, makes sense, whatever. It's how they chose to do it that really screwed the pooch.

22 hours ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Dear Starks,

-

-

Very truly yours,

Lothar Frey

Steward of The Twins

pc Lord Walder Frey

Dear Lothar,

Forget the terms.  I want to make a deal to rid ourselves of the Starks.  I propose we support Roose for the time being.  New information came to me.  Bran and Rickon are still alive.  I will send my trackers to find them and kill them for you.  In turn, I want friend status between my house and yours.  All good marked with the sigil of houses Dustin and Ryswell gets to cross your bridge without toll.

Lady Barbrey Dustin

1 hour ago, Barbrey Dustin said:

Dear Lothar,

Forget the terms.  I want to make a deal to rid ourselves of the Starks.  I propose we support Roose for the time being.  New information came to me.  Bran and Rickon are still alive.  I will send my trackers to find them and kill them for you.  In turn, I want friend status between my house and yours.  All good marked with the sigil of houses Dustin and Ryswell gets to cross your bridge without toll.

Lady Barbrey Dustin

Dear Lady Dustin,

If you kill, hurt, capture or even approach King Brandon or Prince Rickon (or their wolves), my ravens and crows will eat your corpse (but first, you will implore me to kill you).

Best regards;

Tygett Blackwood (cousin of Lord Tytos)

1 hour ago, Barbrey Dustin said:

Dear Lothar,

Lady Barbrey Dustin

That's an interesting thought though. We know Lady Dustin hates Ned and wants to defile his bones. On the other hand, she was Brandon's lover and resents how a maester came between the potential marriage between her and Brandon. So what are her feelings about the Starks?

Archived