U.S. Politics: Moscow on the Potomac

53 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Fox desperately needs to find the next O'Really, and this pie-faced moron is not it.

I would think they are expecting Hannity to step up. He always seemed like a bit of an O'Reilly lite / wannabe. So now he has his shot.

The one thing Fox appears to have lost with O'Reilly leaving is someone who seems to be somewhat willing to have a slightly less irrational discussion about gun control.

23 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I would think they are expecting Hannity to step up. He always seemed like a bit of an O'Reilly lite / wannabe. So now he has his shot.

The one thing Fox appears to have lost with O'Reilly leaving is someone who seems to be somewhat willing to have a slightly less irrational discussion about gun control.

I don't think even FoxNews takes Hannity seriously.  He's too much of a hack to be the face of a network that wants to be taken even a little bit seriously, I think even Fox realizes that, though in these times, who knows.

On another note, in perusing the more conservative corners of the internet the word 'hysteria' is the current buzz word over any kind of opposition to Trump.  Likely because Fox and Rush and Levin are using that word.  

Most are convinced that this is all sour grapes and that we got to have Obama so it's their turn.  Not many even coming close to acknowledging that the majority of Trumps problems are his own doing and could be mitigated with just a modicum of self control.  

Instead, today's news is the latest in a months long tantrum by liberals.  So much for the party of personal responsibility. 

Trump was 100% right about one thing - and that is that he could shoot someone and his folks would still support him.  Maybe things tighten at the margins enough that elected republicans stop supporting him, but there is going to be a sizeable portion of this country who will not believe anything other than that Trump is the victim of the liberal media and the Washington insiders and I'm not sure how we reconcile that.  

There really are two very different narratives being offered and we are witnessing live one of the nastier potentials of the internet bearing fruit.

Archived