U.S. Politics: Moscow on the Potomac

19 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

As the Atlantic points out, this letter, while it could be technically accurate, doesn't preclude shell non-Russian entities from having business with Trump.

Edit: Also mentioned in the article is that Russians may not directly want to lend to Trump or his organization, but rather go through a Cyprus corporation, for example.

Sure.  I'm not really sure, to be honest, what the purpose of the letter even is, but it's safe to say that whatever it was meant to do, it's doing something quite different.

What a shit show.

Exactly, IheartheartTesla, shell companies and cyprian banks, could obscure income and thus taxes and we are given a memo from Trumps lawyer who has deep Russian contacts.

and then there is the obstruction of justice in th Trump White House, only intellectuals care about that. Comey was fired leading invstigations into Trumps contacts. Like is putin calling three shots for thipoor barely literate president?

Former intelligence director Clapper is coming out now and saying he never ruled out possible evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. He also said that Comey told him Trump had invited him to dinner at the WH (contrary to Trump's recollection, he 'thought' Comey asked for dinner, just a 'thought', right? A scummy way to present a deniable lie) and Comey told him he was uncomfortable with the invite, but it was difficult to turn down.

It's also been pointed out that three days before the dinner, Trump announced publicly that Comey was staying on as Director, so it's rather difficult to believe Comey asked for the dinner so he could express the desire to keep his job.

Trump has told so many lies, like a typical liar he's losing track of the lies.

On 5/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, Trebla said:

:lmao:

Wll, they would know!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-tax-law-firm-deep-ties-russia/story?id=47376041

The lawyers who wrote a letter saying President Trump had no significant business ties to Russia work for a law firm that has extensive ties to Russia and received a “Russia Law Firm of the Year” award in 2016.

27 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I was reading that too.  However, I've been thinking this ever since the 80's, i.e, not becoming a failed state, but has failed as a state.

For instance -- NY Times pay wall, you know what to do:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/us/anti-tax-fervor-roseburg-oregon-.html?_r=0

A Dutch television project that is complete -- i.e. not telling us anything we who have known him for years don't know, but here it all is, in one place -- "The dubious friends of Donald Trump: the Russians" --

This could be interesting if Comey gets his way. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/comey-willing-to-testify-but-only-in-public-report/ar-BBB5mP0?ocid=ob-fb-enus-611

James Comey is willing to speak to Congress following his sudden dismissal as head of the FBI earlier this week, but he wants the testimony to be public, according to a new report.

Comey declined an invitation to speak to the Senate Intelligence Committee in a closed door session next week.

However, The New York Times reports that a source says Comey is willing to speak if it's a public hearing.

Archived