Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

@Inigima (and anyone else who loves Metroidvania games.) I still haven't gotten to Hollow Knight, but have you tried Dead Cells? I'm probably going to get one of these games to scratch that itch and was looking for opinions from someone who'd tried both. 

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

@Inigima (and anyone else who loves Metroidvania games.) I still haven't gotten to Hollow Knight, but have you tried Dead Cells? I'm probably going to get one of these games to scratch that itch and was looking for opinions from someone who'd tried both. 

I saw it. I'm not real interested in random levels or loot though. They're pretty antithetical to the Metroidvania experience. 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

I'm playing it right now--it's okay. You die and lose progress--but you can keep some things you find--I haven't quite figured out the system completely. The castle/levels are generated and random like Rogue Legacy, so you never completely the same experience. I like it a lot better than some of the others I've tried, but not as much as Rogue Legacy which I think hit the mark perfectly for me. I haven't tried Hollow Knight. I think Dead Cells has potential to become pretty great. High difficulty.

One thing I want in Metroidvania that seems to be missing in 99 percent is actual leveling like Symphony of the Night. I love leveling.

22 hours ago, Inigima said:

I saw it. I'm not real interested in random levels or loot though. They're pretty antithetical to the Metroidvania experience. 

I agree but it's getting good reviews so they must make it work somehow. Anyway I pulled the trigger on Hollow Knight and I really like it so far so thanks for the recommendation. I'll probably try Dead Cells eventually but it's still a work in progress so I figured there's no rush. 

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Alan Wake is being pulled from sale due to music licensing issues, so Steam and GoG are giving it a massive discount, down to £2.29 at the moment. At that price, strongly recommended.

Note that you don't have long to grab it, so if you want it -- personally, I am not all that impressed -- you should do it now.

9 hours ago, Werthead said:

Alan Wake is being pulled from sale due to music licensing issues, so Steam and GoG are giving it a massive discount, down to £2.29 at the moment. At that price, strongly recommended.

You can buy both the original and American Nightmare bundled for four bucks on Steam, which is a great deal.  I still haven't played American Nightmare, but the original was a really good survival horror game.

I picked up Alan Wake. No idea when I'll ever play it, but I've been interested in it for a while. And it was only $3 and the last chance to get it.

I'm still playing Nier: Automata. I finished playthrough 'A' and am working on 'B' now, and to be honest its kinda painful. I know its not exactly the same content, but 95%+ it is, and seeing it all again is not interesting at all. But I'm slogging through for the 5% that is different and because I've heard 'C' is completely different.

On 2017-5-16 at 8:25 AM, Fez said:

I picked up Alan Wake. No idea when I'll ever play it, but I've been interested in it for a while. And it was only $3 and the last chance to get it.

I'm still playing Nier: Automata. I finished playthrough 'A' and am working on 'B' now, and to be honest its kinda painful. I know its not exactly the same content, but 95%+ it is, and seeing it all again is not interesting at all. But I'm slogging through for the 5% that is different and because I've heard 'C' is completely different.

Is it still up for sale? I must get it methinks, but like you I have no idea when I will ever get around to playing it.

4 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Is it still up for sale? I must get it methinks, but like you I have no idea when I will ever get around to playing it.

I think it got pulled today.

This title is weird.  Couldn't tell from the first page if this was about video games in general, or the cluster$%^ that is ME:A.  Now I see it's the former.

Picked up Farpoint yesterday and played for about 4 hours total.  Laughed my ass off when one of the smaller aliens jumped at me facesucker style and made me jump.  My arm was tired from holding the gun up for so long, which provided some nice, much needed breaks in my gaming.  Gonna try out the multiplayer tonight, but overall I have to say this is BY FAR the best VR game I've ever played.  I know it's not saying much, but man is it fun and hits the right notes.

9 hours ago, aceluby said:

This title is weird.  Couldn't tell from the first page if this was about video games in general, or the cluster$%^ that is ME:A.  Now I see it's the former.

Hey, I gave you guys 10 days to create a new thread after the last hit 400. This is what happens when you leave title creation up to Avians. Chaos.

Anyhow, I was in the early stages of an EU IV play through in which I was trying to have Hesse form Germany. I got off to a great start and was up to 10 territories when I got greedy and demanded one too many territories after a war. 5 minutes later a coalition had formed and I am now down to 4 territories. Screw it, I'm starting over. 

Ok, got to playing the multiplayer and it is awesome.  I got paired up with someone and took on two different missions.  Didn't finish either of them, but had an absolute blast for the hour or so that I played.  You really do have to take breaks due to vertigo, but man is it worth it.  The player models suck pretty bad, but the gameplay is just amazing.  This setup is the starting point of what VR can do and is really going to push the tech IMO.  I also heard they are basically sold out everywhere, so I'm glad I was able to snag one as Best Buy opened up.  Can't wait to suit up again :)

26 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Ok, got to playing the multiplayer and it is awesome.  I got paired up with someone and took on two different missions.  Didn't finish either of them, but had an absolute blast for the hour or so that I played.  You really do have to take breaks due to vertigo, but man is it worth it.  The player models suck pretty bad, but the gameplay is just amazing.  This setup is the starting point of what VR can do and is really going to push the tech IMO.  I also heard they are basically sold out everywhere, so I'm glad I was able to snag one as Best Buy opened up.  Can't wait to suit up again :)

This makes me want to buy a VR system. What are you using?

6 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

This makes me want to buy a VR system. What are you using?

PlaystationVR.  I think Farpoint is only out on that system.  It's kind of a steep price-tag since you need the PS4, VR, eye, controllers, and headphones if you really want the full experience.  Then it's another $80 for the game and gun controller.  I got the VR at launch and haven't really played it since, but this game is REALLY fun (and also the game I was most excited for when I bought it).  I'm hoping it's just the start of some really good games to come out for it, but it's really just a hope at this point and the game selection is pretty bleak.

I made the mistake of looking at one of my Save Files for ME:A last night and saw that I now have over 80 hours into the game and I'm at 65% completion.  :crying: 

I'm at 100% on every planet but Elaadan.

8 hours ago, aceluby said:

PlaystationVR.  I think Farpoint is only out on that system.  It's kind of a steep price-tag since you need the PS4, VR, eye, controllers, and headphones if you really want the full experience.  Then it's another $80 for the game and gun controller.  I got the VR at launch and haven't really played it since, but this game is REALLY fun (and also the game I was most excited for when I bought it).  I'm hoping it's just the start of some really good games to come out for it, but it's really just a hope at this point and the game selection is pretty bleak.

Though all of that may still be cheaper than buying the VR products for PC, assuming one's PC has the grunt to handle the VR load. If you have to upgrade your PC for VR to work as intended then the cost is definitely infavour of PS4. The downside being you have to put up with lower quality visuals.

I'm not sold on home based VR at all.

I do see that a few businesses have started up making playing arenas using VR. Kind of like laser tag / paint ball. But all VR. I'm interested to see how those ventures go.

Archived