Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

Just now, Kalbear said:

I dunno; it had two women willing to get into a random group and actually chat on voice. That seems about as alien as anything I've ever heard of. 

Haha. 

She did say earlier in the trailer "we should do that later with Kim" and Kim was one of the people who dropped in so presumably they were all a pre-made ;) 

1 minute ago, KiDisaster said:

Haha. 

She did say earlier in the trailer "we should do that later with Kim" and Kim was one of the people who dropped in so presumably they were all a pre-made ;) 

Kim was actually a guy :P

So, Life is Strange 3-episode prequel called Life is Strange Before the Storm was announced, HYPE! For those who buy the Deluxe Edition, you get a special Max episode from waaaaay before the events of the game too. It's developed at an external studio from DONTNOD while DONTNOD itself is making the next full Life is Strange game.

42 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I dunno; it had two women willing to get into a random group and actually chat on voice. That seems about as alien as anything I've ever heard of. 

Lolz. Bioware is officially dead.

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You guys know I'm not the sharpest person, but can someone explain to me why bioware is making a destiny game?

EA saw the money Activision is making on it and gave Bioware the spurs. 

48 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You guys know I'm not the sharpest person, but can someone explain to me why bioware is making a destiny game?

Because EA decided Bioware screwed Mass Effect, rather than recognising that EA has screwed Bioware. So they put them on to bigger and better things. Pivoting off Mass Effect. Make this game sell great and we might give you another shot at Mass Effect.

It's kind of a shame that the creative geniuses in this industry can't make AAA games without being under the umbrella of a soul-destroying corporate master. Almost all they can do now is make great indie games, until they are swallowed by a bigger fish.

One positive thing I will say about Anthem is that I really love the ideas and concepts of Destiny and Titanfall. But I just can't bring myself to do FPS. So Anthem being TPS when out exploring looks like a "Destiny clone" I could really get into. And play co-op with some of my family.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

I just don't understand giving it to bioware...

Yeah, odd decision, but I guess their other big name (DICE) has Battlefield and Battlefront to work on. So who else to give it to, especially if they are putting ME on ice for a while?

Bioware is working on Dragon Age 4 right? Right?

Speaking of Destiny, a youtuber caught some clues in the reveal footage that hints that the beta release date is July 17th. 

I can't seem to add a link without imbedding the video in my post, but search YT for "Destiny 2: Iron Banner Returns" by DPJ - Daily Destiny & More.  Clues are at about 3:05

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Yeah, odd decision, but I guess their other big name (DICE) has Battlefield and Battlefront to work on. So who else to give it to, especially if they are putting ME on ice for a while?

Anthem has been in development at Bioware Edmonton for five years, originally under Casey Hudson. That decision had nothing to do with the financial success of Destiny or the relative disappointment of MEA (can't have been a total financial disaster considering it's still getting extensive patches).

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Bioware is working on Dragon Age 4 right? Right?

I'd hope so, but I don't think it's been officially announced. Since the DA team has also been based in Edmonton, it's possible that a number of those developers are currently working on Anthem rather than the next DA game.

There was an article recently, I'd have to dig it up, about hiring the writer of Sunless Sea for the new Dragon Age project. Full development on the new Dragon Age should be starting after Anthem, given the information given to us by that article and various tweets from the devs.

3 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Anthem has been in development at Bioware Edmonton for five years, originally under Casey Hudson. That decision had nothing to do with the financial success of Destiny or the relative disappointment of MEA (can't have been a total financial disaster considering it's still getting extensive patches).

So this is Project Dylan? So called because they wanted to make a game that was as timeless and ubiquitous as Bob Dylan.

Otherwise, I really liked this trailer for side-scrolling Cyberpunk Action-Adventure game The Last Night

And the trailer for the new Wolfenstein game.

I really want to play the new Ori, but I don't have an Xbox (and don't plan to buy one), and I'm hearing it might be Win10 exclusive? I declined the free upgrade, and I'm still convinced that was the right move. A Windows 10 update caused all of the account passwords on my parents computer to stop working.

We get any news on that cyberpunk game?

Not yet. CDPR are trying very hard to manage expectations on this one since it likely won't be out until 2019. They probably want to start getting people talking about it and building momentum, but they're afraid that they'll run into problems that will delay it. This is a game that's bigger, more ambitious and more complex than The Witcher 3 and if they start really pushing it, they're worried people will start getting overhyped.

Shame Bethesda didn't confirm Starfield, which suggests if it is a thing, it might not be a 2017 or early 2018 thing.

2 hours ago, Inigima said:

I really want to play the new Ori, but I don't have an Xbox (and don't plan to buy one), and I'm hearing it might be Win10 exclusive? I declined the free upgrade, and I'm still convinced that was the right move. A Windows 10 update caused all of the account passwords on my parents computer to stop working.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but earlier this year they were still quietly giving out free upgrades. I finally took the plunge a few months ago and had no problems. However I reformatted and installed on a blank drive because that's how I was always taught to do OS upgrades. 

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/242419-windows-10-free-upgrades-still-unofficially-available

5 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

So this is Project Dylan? So called because they wanted to make a game that was as timeless and ubiquitous as Bob Dylan.

Yup, it's supposed to be the next big thing.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it can actually distinguish itself from the various games based around similar concepts.

Archived