Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

19 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I really loved it when it came out, but it's weird, I have trouble getting back into it due to the controls. And RE4 really fixed a lot of issues with the controls. I like 5 and 6 too. Either way, the games are good. I haven't tried the newest yet, have you?

I just got Arkham Knight--I think I'm going to give it a try shortly. I've been immersed in Grim Dawn, Ark, and Hollow Knight. Batman might be an interesting change.

Yeah RE7 was actually my first in the series and now I am kind of working backwards, it was pretty good- feels like a first person, less obtuse and simpler version of the the first game (REmake specifically). The first half was really good though I will admit the second wasn't as strong. Luckily the game is classic Resident Evil length so it never feels like it drags. 

As for the controls of RE4, I'l admit it took me an hour to get use to them as I never really had experience with tank controls as someone who only started gaming last gen. But once I got used to them, I really liked them- they worked well for the game they were designed for and perfectly complemented the mechanics. Like everything in the game, the controls felt like they were part of one coherent vision in RE4. 

Been playing some free to play tower defense over the last few weeks.  Dungeon Defenders 2 and Orcs must die unchained both released on the PS4 the last couple of weeks and I've been all in on them.  Even though they are both a little different from their original games, mainly due to the free to play model, I'm loving them.

Also finally picked up Wasteland 2 during a PS4 sale and I am loving it.  Had to start over after 3 of my characters were infected with a virus that I ran out of the cure for, but I learned a lesson, lol.   

Started Pyre (new Supergiant game). As you'd expect, the game is gorgeous in every way possible. Amazing art, amazing soundtrack, super polished, all the things Supergiant have always been top notch at. The story is interesting enough so far as well. Not quite sold on the actual "battle" system though unfortunately. I respect them wanting to do something different but sports games have never really been my thing, and switching back and forth between characters on the fly in real time feels clumsy to me but I think that's more my issue of being bad at games than anything else. I think I'd have been happier with a more standard turn based tactics game or something, but I guess that would have been the expected thing and that's not them, huh? 

Will keep up with it though. The visual novel & FTL-lite elements are good stuff. 

9 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Started Pyre (new Supergiant game). As you'd expect, the game is gorgeous in every way possible. Amazing art, amazing soundtrack, super polished, all the things Supergiant have always been top notch at. The story is interesting enough so far as well. Not quite sold on the actual "battle" system though unfortunately. I respect them wanting to do something different but sports games have never really been my thing, and switching back and forth between characters on the fly in real time feels clumsy to me but I think that's more my issue of being bad at games than anything else. I think I'd have been happier with a more standard turn based tactics game or something, but I guess that would have been the expected thing and that's not them, huh? 

Will keep up with it though. The visual novel & FTL-lite elements are good stuff. 

I just saw this existed yesterday, and after reading the positive reviews, I'm very excited to play it. I don't expect it to be flawless, but I'm very excited for this one.

23 minutes ago, Rhom said:

EA merges Bioware Montreal with Motive Studios

Welp.  Guessing I'll never get that DLC for Andromeda I had hoped for.  The lesson here is "Don't Stick Your B Team on an AAA Title."

On the plus side, Motive are the ones developing that new Star Wars game with Visceral. Kim Swift of Portal fame and Jade Raymond of the two good Assassin's Creed games fame are heading it up I believe. Good for them to get more manpower I suppose. 

I honestly don't care whether Andromeda ever gets any DLC. I don't have any major interest in going back to it anytime soon, if ever. 

---

Been playing lots of Overwatch again. Not much of a fan of Doomfist, I just feel useless playing as him. Orisa is pretty cool though, I haven't really played since she was released. Lots of new maps since the last time I played also which is nice. 

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I'm disappointed. I would have liked for Andromeda to continue. Sure, plenty of the game needs improvement, but there is an interesting story buried there, that deserves to be told.

Agreed.  I liked the gameplay a lot and the story had some good stuff underneath it all.  It was just too spread out due to the demand for open world gaming.

I was really hoping for a Quarian Ark DLC.  :(

I finished Children of Zodiarcs. It was alright, but overall a fairly disappointing experience; I was expecting something much closer to Final Fantasy Tactics, but the mechanics and writing were not nearly at that level. The plot took some unexpected turns towards the end, but I didn't care enough about the characters for it to matter much. It was a decent 16 hour experience, but it could've been a lot more.

However, for whatever reason, it did inspire me to go through my (way-too-long) list of sidelined games and pick out a few to restart and finally beat. First up is Hand of Fate; which I really enjoyed when I first was playing it and can't remember what sidetracked me from it. 

The Norsca DLC for TW: Warhammer looks mighty interesting. It's out tomorrow, and it can be obtained for free if pre-ordering Warhammer II. Which I just did, as I was going to get that anyway, so might as well get the Norsca for free.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

The Norsca DLC for TW: Warhammer looks mighty interesting. It's out tomorrow, and it can be obtained for free if pre-ordering Warhammer II. Which I just did, as I was going to get that anyway, so might as well get the Norsca for free.

Sellout! Go

Give me history  or give me paradox!!!

10 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Oh its a DLC!! I hadn't quite worked it out. I thought that the Norsca were somehow the 4th race in WH2 (which didn't make a lot of sense, especially as everyone is saying its Skaven)

I guess I want this DLC, but at the same time Horde factions, especially up north with Chaos aren't very interesting. 

20 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Oh its a DLC!! I hadn't quite worked it out. I thought that the Norsca were somehow the 4th race in WH2 (which didn't make a lot of sense, especially as everyone is saying its Skaven)

I guess I want this DLC, but at the same time Horde factions, especially up north with Chaos aren't very interesting. 

From the previews I saw, I don't think they are horde factions. They are raid&pillage factions, but they can hold settlements. They also seem to have two interesting mechanics: one involves worship of different gods, and you have to figure which gods you want to worship more, and another involves choosing some special quests where you hunt for monsters, and you get rewards for that.

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

It is what it is. Right now Warhammer has surpassed Rome 2 and Attila in quality.

About 4 hours ago my vision went red and blood started coming out of my ears and now I know the reason. 

Norsca seem pretty cool though. They're definitely not a horde faction, although they seem to occupy a similar role as the WoC do in that there are various incentives for wrecking the south. I'm really looking forward to the cross-continental games when Warhammer II comes out. 

On 8/1/2017 at 8:51 AM, The Drunkard said:

The Long Dark story mode comes out either today or next week depending on where you live. Been waiting on an excuse to get back into it.

I finally got around to trying this game and it's great. Don't care much for story mode, though it served as a nice tutorial but I quickly switched to survival. Haven't left the beginner map yet and I've died and restarted like twelve times but I'm starting to get the hang of it. The atmosphere is really great. 

Do you know if the developers have ever mentioned any plans for multiplayer down the line? I get that the isolation is sorta built into the premise but I think it could be a lot of fun with two people.

2 hours ago, The Drunkard said:

About 4 hours ago my vision went red and blood started coming out of my ears and now I know the reason. 

Norsca seem pretty cool though. They're definitely not a horde faction, although they seem to occupy a similar role as the WoC do in that there are various incentives for wrecking the south. I'm really looking forward to the cross-continental games when Warhammer II comes out. 

I hope you're feeling better now. :D

Archived