Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:

It is what it is. Right now Warhammer has surpassed Rome 2 and Attila in quality.

I would do unspeakable things for a GoT TW game :( no dragons, just the map and houses. That mod for medieval 2 didn't do it for me. 

That's the only non historical TW that isn't blasphemy!!!

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I would do unspeakable things for a GoT TW game :( no dragons, just the map and houses. That mod for medieval 2 didn't do it for me. 

Yes, GoT TW would be awesome, especially without dragons, and as long as it's based on the book verse, not the show verse.

But what about The Third Age TW? That is arguably the best full conversion mod for any total war game.

52 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yes, GoT TW would be awesome, especially without dragons, and as long as it's based on the book verse, not the show verse.

But what about The Third Age TW? That is arguably the best full conversion mod for any total war game.

I've never played that one. Not a big LoTR gal.

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

I finally got around to trying this game and it's great. Don't care much for story mode, though it served as a nice tutorial but I quickly switched to survival. Haven't left the beginner map yet and I've died and restarted like twelve times but I'm starting to get the hang of it. The atmosphere is really great. 

Do you know if the developers have ever mentioned any plans for multiplayer down the line? I get that the isolation is sorta built into the premise but I think it could be a lot of fun with two people.

The last thing I remember reading about multiplayer said they had no plans to implement it, unfortunately. 

But yeah, I really love how atmospheric it is and how immersed I get. Of all the various survival-type games that came out in the last half a decade, this is easily my favourite. 

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

There is an awesome Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/crusader-kings-2-a-game-of-thrones-ck2agot

There are plenty historical set points where you can start playing, and important characters have a bunch of special events (playing as Aegon the Conqueror is pretty fun), but the best part is that you can play as any character and nation in the ASoIaF world, from Summer Isles to Thenn and from Iron Islands to Asshai. I had fun playing as Basilisk Isles pirate kings and as random wilding chieftains.

2 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

I finally started Final Fantasy XV yesterday... only a couple hours in but I like it so far as a fan of the series..

First game in the series I never finished. :( 

The gameplay was just too incoherent for me.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

First game in the series I never finished. :( 

The gameplay was just too incoherent for me.

The fighting/battles?  I like it so far, but I've not gotten into anything I couldn't just hack and slash my way through.  I'd imagine you have to use a bit more strategy later on.

35 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

The fighting/battles?  I like it so far, but I've not gotten into anything I couldn't just hack and slash my way through.  I'd imagine you have to use a bit more strategy later on.

I never got to a point that I needed to... 

But I only played 20ish hours or so.

I dropped it for Mass Effect: Andromeda if that tells you anything about my opinion of it.  :lol: 

And after finishing ME:A; I decided to go with Tales of Zestiria instead of picking up FFXV.

I've been playing the Norsca campaign for WH and it's pretty fun. Managed to take the western half of the continent as Wulfrik while Throgg took the eastern half, then we had a showdown on the northernmost coast, and we confederated after I defeated him. Now I've started raiding the Kislev and Ostland settlements and my income is skyrocketing. I've yet to start the Monster Hunts and I've barely played with the 4-god mechanic, so that should be good.

Incidentally the combined map will be great for Norsca. Can't wait to sail around the world pillaging as I go.

14 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Frankly no, I never got to use strategy... If you do most side quests as I tend to myself, you level up enough for the main quests to be fairly doable without any difficulty or needed strategy.

But the combat is still fun. The story on the other hand... is just unbelievably butchered. It's stuck somewhere between "non existent" and "there is a story but the game chooses to focus on the uninteresting parts of it while the interesting ones are hidden and obscure, if not made completely irrelevant".

It seems MEA gets that same criticism, but I still haven't finished this one, and my impression for now is that it's quite undeserved.

Been playing Pyre and I really like it a lot. The artwork and music is gorgeous; the gameplay took some getting used to but I think I've gotten it figured out (though after the first round of matches it starts getting quite a bit harder; and there's optional modifiers to make it even harder still). I like the characters and dialog too. The plot is fine, though a bit basic; the lore would be interesting but is written in a near-impenetrable way that you unlock over time.

I don't really get the visual novel complaints that I've seen in a few places. Sure, the dialog is displayed in that kind of style, but there's really not that much of  it; maybe 10 minutes worth between matches at first. And after the first round is over, it gets much less frequent, except at the end of each subsequent round.

I'm also playing Pyre and mostly enjoying it. I do think the game is far too talky so far -- I'm only a few matches in -- particularly because the writing is not especially good. Oh, I "sensed" that Jodariel isn't upset! That's a good way for the game to decide I know things, sure.

I wonder if I am supposed to find the crazy Savage girl as annoying as I do, or if she is supposed to be charmingly quirky. Because boy howdy is she annoying.

EDIT: The art direction in the game is gorgeous. Such vibrant colors.

Hooked up the old PS2 today. Ended up playing Ace Combat 5: Unsung Heroes for a few hours. After I beat it again I might need to start a new game of FF XII. Years ago I got within a couple hours of the end of the game, and then quit for reasons I can't remember. So I've never actually completed a playthrough of FF XII :blush: (or VIII, or IX, though I own them all).

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

After I beat it again I might need to start a new game of FF XII. Years ago I got within a couple hours of the end of the game, and then quit for reasons I can't remember. So I've never actually completed a playthrough of FF XII :blush: 

They just remastered it if you have a PS4. It looked nice. I really enjoyed that game. 

13 hours ago, RumHam said:

They just remastered it if you have a PS4. It looked nice. I really enjoyed that game. 

Thanks for the heads up. After you mentioned it I checked the price though. $50 for the remastered PS4 version. Think I'll just play the PS2 Collector's Edition I already have for now. 

Anybody watch The International this year? Hell of an event by Valve as usual. 

Team Liquid became the first team to clean sweep the grand finals against a team that was one of the favorites to win from the very beginning. This after TL got knocked to the loser's bracket in the first round and fought their way back up. Great stuff. 

Archived