Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

I watched just the Team Liquid matches as I don't really don't know Dota 2 all that well but I support the team(It has bought my loyalty cause of my favourite StarCraft II player playing for them). They really were playing really goddamn well all the time - even I could see the plays were pretty sick. Newbee literally had no chance,

10 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Thanks for the heads up. After you mentioned it I checked the price though. $50 for the remastered PS4 version. Think I'll just play the PS2 Collector's Edition I already have for now. 

Yeah it just released within the last week or two, thus the high price tag.  I'll probably grab it when the price comes down since my PS2 died quite awhile back.

16 hours ago, RumHam said:

Whaat? I just downloaded the switch version for $20.

Doh!  I was looking at the collectors editions, which come with a bunch of extra swag.  You are correct just the game is $20 on all formats, I'll be picking this up tonight!  Thanks for pointing it out!

On August 10, 2017 at 2:40 PM, RumHam said:

I finally got around to trying this game and it's great. Don't care much for story mode, though it served as a nice tutorial but I quickly switched to survival. Haven't left the beginner map yet and I've died and restarted like twelve times but I'm starting to get the hang of it. The atmosphere is really great. 

Do you know if the developers have ever mentioned any plans for multiplayer down the line? I get that the isolation is sorta built into the premise but I think it could be a lot of fun with two people.

I just got tLD on xb1 last Thursday and started the story mode right off.  After a couple bad starts I'm most of the way through ep2 and doing pretty well.  I'm treating the SM as a full tutorial though, so I've been taking some liberties with game saves here and there.  Nothing too extreme, really.  Like when I got my flare gun, and then my rifle, i would shoot off a few clips for target practice and then go back to my last save.

I'm looking forward to the sandbox modes next, and i know I'll be glad for having tuned my resource and condition management skills in the SM first.  Most of my early game deaths were from having run out of resources due to over-consumption.

Anyway, turns out this game is pure crack for me.  It's almost exactly the game i've been wishing for.  If they would take tLD crafting/survival/scavenging mechanics and apply them to an Oregon Trail themed expedition game i might just check out forever.  

Also, I've seen recent reddit discussions saying that the devs have specifically said that there will never ever be MP for this game.  Mainly because of the fasttime action events like wood cutting, sleeping, harvesting, etc.  But also because there is no groundwork for the complexities of multiplayer perspective, character animation and…other…um, computer stuff.

2 hours ago, The Mance said:

I just got tLD on xb1 last Thursday and started the story mode right off.  After a couple bad starts I'm most of the way through ep2 and doing pretty well.  I'm treating the SM as a full tutorial though, so I've been taking some liberties with game saves here and there.  Nothing too extreme, really.  Like when I got my flare gun, and then my rifle, i would shoot off a few clips for target practice and then go back to my last save.

I'm looking forward to the sandbox modes next, and i know I'll be glad for having tuned my resource and condition management skills in the SM first.  Most of my early game deaths were from having run out of resources due to over-consumption.

Anyway, turns out this game is pure crack for me.  It's almost exactly the game i've been wishing for.  If they would take tLD crafting/survival/scavenging mechanics and apply them to an Oregon Trail themed expedition game i might just check out forever.  

Also, I've seen recent reddit discussions saying that the devs have specifically said that there will never ever be MP for this game.  Mainly because of the fasttime action events like wood cutting, sleeping, harvesting, etc.  But also because there is no groundwork for the complexities of multiplayer perspective, character animation and…other…um, computer stuff.

Oh yeah, I hadn't considered that about the multiplayer. They'd have to make it real time and nobody wants to sit around for ten minutes watching virtual water boil.

I'm really enjoying survival mode. I've made it 50 something days and have moved north into the second area. One thing I learned is if you ever find yourself thinking "eh I'll probably have enough time" or something like that don't take the risk. There's nothing worse than spending a week getting good gear and a nice stockpile of food only to die because you were stupid and overconfident. 

Really enjoying Sonic Mania... for a "new" game it's a lot of the old (that was best about the franchise to start with) mixed in with a bit of new twists and fun turns, but it's exactly what the franchise needed if it hopes to survive.  Kind of a reboot and "forget all the garbage that's been released between then and now" kind of thing.  The bits and I enjoyed a fun first session with it tonight.  I hope Sega continues to build on it; as to me, they did a really good job.

My only nitpick is that I wish they had taken advantage of the better resolutions available today, but 16-bit nostalgia isn't so bad in the end... 

I know this thread is soon to close and there is another VG thread already open... but felt this news was most appropriate here based on the title of the thread.

BioWare announces patch 1.10 is the end for ME: Andromeda.

Early in development, we decided to focus Mass Effect: Andromeda’s story on the Pathfinder, the exploration of the Andromeda galaxy, and the conflict with the Archon. The game was designed to further expand on the Pathfinder’s journey through this new galaxy with story-based APEX multiplayer missions and we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark.

Our last update, 1.10, was the final update for Mass Effect: Andromeda. There are no planned future patches for single-player or in-game story content.

:crying: 

For all its flaws, I really did enjoy the game.  I thought the setting was good with a lot of room to explore for future games and I really wanted to go find the Quarian Ark.

23 hours ago, Rhom said:

I know this thread is soon to close and there is another VG thread already open... but felt this news was most appropriate here based on the title of the thread.

For all its flaws, I really did enjoy the game.  I thought the setting was good with a lot of room to explore for future games and I really wanted to go find the Quarian Ark.

Well shit. No way Bioware is letting the ME universe die, but who knows when we'll see some other stuff.

Personally, I would want someone update this story as a TV show, as it has all the ingredients for it. Video game movies suck, maybe TV can do better. :D

I had like 100 hours on the game, 100 hours of pure fun.

But now, no more... :crying: 

I blame the insufferable fanboys. The same thing happened back in the time with DmC which was a great game and deserved a sequel in a reboot franchise.

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

Smart move. The bad launch and the fact that most issues remained unfixed just didn't do good things for ME's reputation.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I had like 100 hours on the game, 100 hours of pure fun.

But now, no more... :crying: 

I blame the insufferable fanboys. The same thing happened back in the time with DmC which was a great game and deserved a sequel in a reboot franchise.

You are entitled to your opinion.

23 hours ago, Rhom said:

This came across my phone yesterday but I was elbow deep into writing some erotic Madden NFL 2018 fiction and couldn't find time to post.

I did cheer, though. Fuck Andromeda. Fuck BioWare for being dead. And fuck whatever fucks let this awful Vanilla Sky of a game get released(I know a lot of people quit over what was happening, respect to them).

Burying Andromeda like this takes people that were already pissed off, like PQJ, and does nothing to make them happy (other than perhaps the suffering of others) and then compounds it by pissing off the people who actually found something to like in ME:A. So congratulations EA/BW. I forgave you for the ending of ME3, I got pumped for MEA, I even fucking enjoyed the game. And then you fucking kill it like this leaving half a dozen plot threads dangling. Great business move handing it off to an unproven studio, not giving them the organisational support or managerial oversight they needed, then fucking yanking everything that might have fixed it. Fuck you, my loyalty meter is now negative. And that was after you'd managed to make DA:I a game I couldn't get into despite loving that franchise too.

I'm surprised the people still don't know what to expect from EA. They'd fuck your decomposing corpse if there was a dollar to be made. Stop buying EA products if you want to voice your anger. 

Archived