Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

Sweet! They kept the name! Xbox Scorpio it is, and it'll be apparently $499.

I was thinking it was going to be way more, though I know that's still super expensive for some folks. I think it'll be worth it though (obv. biased given where I work) as the big selling point is being able to play both new games and older ones in 4k. 

An Ori & The Blind Forest sequel called Ori & The Will of The Wisps has potentially been leaked. I hope it's real. That game was phenomenal. 

ETA: The announcement has possibly been leaked, not the game itself. Just clarifying. 

8 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

An Ori & The Blind Forest sequel called Ori & The Will of The Wisps has potentially been leaked. I hope it's real. That game was phenomenal. 

ETA: The announcement has possibly been leaked, not the game itself. Just clarifying. 

OH HELL YES THAT'S AWESOME

I so hope that's true. Our dog's name is Ori!

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

I thought they announced that like two years ago.

Okay, a new Metro is cool; Bryce was just playing that after missing it. It looks sweet.

Assassin's Creed: Origins is interesting as an idea. The combat looks much more Dark Souls based - with shield bashing and the like. 

Finally, the deep rock dwarves game looks kind of silly and bad, and I totally see my kids digging the shit out of it. 

METROOOO!

Really liked the first two games, even if Metro 2033 was ludicrously hard (to the point where playing on Easy is completely legitimate and they forgot to tell anyone it had a stealth system). I'm all on board for this, it's a great and under-appreciated franchise. I remember that Last Light came out at the same time as BioShock Infinite and all anyone could talk about was that game, despite Last Light being comfortably superior. Felt like it got lost a little in the mix.

My only concern is that 2033 and Last Light told one complete, very well-handled story with a really well-judged ending. I'm not sure how the series can continue without spoiling that. I'm hoping at least it's a new player character.

I don't know if the Mixer thing where people watching can actually give bonuses to players is incredibly awesome or incredibly unfair, but it's got a cool Hunger Games vibe to it. 

New Ori is now confirmed. The trailer was so goddamn pretty :o

New Metro is awesome news also. Microsoft conference has been pretty damn good so far. So glad their first party games are on PC. Best move they've made in the last couple years as far as I'm concerned. 

Just now, KiDisaster said:

New Ori is now confirmed. The trailer was so goddamn pretty :o

Ori went and hugged the baby owl when she was looking at her parents! Oy. And the piano player. Good demo.

New Metro is awesome news also. Microsoft conference has been pretty damn good so far. So glad all these games they're announcing are on PC. Best move they've made in the last couple years as far as I'm concerned. 

I think that it's pretty amusing that the biggest cheering came from the Xbox (original) back compat. Which, to be fair - I'm totally down with too. 

27 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

We get any news on that cyberpunk game?

Not from the xbox presentation. 

So...anthem is literally a reskinned Destiny? I mean that's cool and all, but...uh. 

Anthem looks cool but I'm worried it'll be another grindy-looty disappointment like Destiny & The Division. 

Also no mention of being able to smooch aliens so 4/10 on the Bioware scale. 

Anthem looks cool but I'm worried it'll be another grindy-looty disappointment like Destiny & The Division. 

Also no mention of being able to smooch aliens so 4/10 on the Bioware scale. 

I dunno; it had two women willing to get into a random group and actually chat on voice. That seems about as alien as anything I've ever heard of. 

Archived