What House....

KarlDanski

Would you like to have more information revealed about or be introduced more in ASOIAF? I would prefer minor houses/smaller houses, but I'm open to interpretation like with Arryn as the only Arryn's we've heard about is what Ned/Robert think of Jon Arryn, what Harrold Hardyng is, and SweetRobin who is more timid than Arryn. A house that I would like to hear more about would be House Goodbrother or the Skagosi. In a recent post, information has been used to tie the Goodbrothers with Garth Greenhand, and the fact that the Goodbrothers feel to be more mainlander Ironborn than the traditional by the sea Ironborn as Aeron points out. The Skagosi interest me because they're between the Free Folk and Northmen in culture, and are as rebellious as the Boltons with them fighting Brandon IX Stark and killing Barthogan Stark during the reign of Daeron Targaryen. 

House Dayne: for possible SotM revelations and mayhaps certain peoples paternity...

House Harlaw: How did they end up getting Nightfall from Dalton Greyjoy or his descendants?

House Royce: Does the rune armor have any useful properties versus the supernatural?

House Bolton: Serious how did the Starks not wipe them out when they did to so many other houses?

House Gardener: What was the Order of the Greenhand?

Dayne.  Lots of mysteries associated with them.  Ashara, SotM, their words, and more.

Tarth:  What is Duncan the Tall's connection?

Payne: What's with the gold coins on their badge?

Reed:  What do they know and how do they know it?

10 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

House Dayne: for possible SotM revelations and mayhaps certain peoples paternity...

House Harlaw: How did they end up getting Nightfall from Dalton Greyjoy or his descendants?

House Royce: Does the rune armor have any useful properties versus the supernatural?

House Bolton: Serious how did the Starks not wipe them out when they did to so many other houses?

House Bolton is the Stark's equivalent to the Cleganes but on steriods. Its a shame that the Starks had lost their edge. Else they would have had a very powerful weapon in their hands to wield. 

13 hours ago, devilish said:

House Bolton is the Stark's equivalent to the Cleganes but on steriods. Its a shame that the Starks had lost their edge. Else they would have had a very powerful weapon in their hands to wield. 

How do you mean?

3 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

How do you mean?

Lets imagine Robb was slightly more evil then he actually is. Dont you think that Balon or even Tywin would think twice to cross him knowing that their boys would probably end up in Roose Bolton's care?

2 hours ago, devilish said:

Lets imagine Robb was slightly more evil then he actually is. Dont you think that Balon or even Tywin would think twice to cross him knowing that their boys would probably end up in Roose Bolton's care?

Not even evil but pragmatic.

Oh absolutely. In fact I'd say that is one of the reasons the historic Starks kept them around to terrify the Andals. The Bolton first bent the knee when the Andal Invasions came to the North. Mutual cooperation against non First Man enemy.  The Starks and Boltons might hate each other but they hate the Andals more. Also see Bolton's actions during the Rape of the Three Sisters in the 1000 year war with the Vale. Our blades are sharp indeed.

I wouldn't say that the Boltons are the Cleganes of the North, the Cleganes of the North would most likely be Mountain Clansmen. The Bolton's are a rebellious house that are the number 1 rival in the North, they would be akin to the extinct Reynes, the Hightowers, or the Royces.

25 minutes ago, KarlDanski said:

The Bolton's are a rebellious house that are the number 1 rival in the North, they would be akin to the extinct Reynes, the Hightowers, or the Royces.

And the Yronwoods.

True, but the Starks may also had "keep" the Boltons to terrify their enemies. I remember a Pink Pavilion made with skins.

Oh, I have no doubt the Starks of Old kept their number 1 rival to terrify their enemies, psychological warfare at it's best. Imagine if Robb was less honorable, and had no issue with Roose torturing Jaime, and that Roose was more loyal, it might make Tywin more eager to offer better terms. The unique thing is that this isn't common with any other house in Westeros. No other house in Westeros has the reputations of the Boltons, no other house is known for a cruel form of death that they inflict on the ones they capture.

2 hours ago, KarlDanski said:

I wouldn't say that the Boltons are the Cleganes of the North, the Cleganes of the North would most likely be Mountain Clansmen. The Bolton's are a rebellious house that are the number 1 rival in the North, they would be akin to the extinct Reynes, the Hightowers, or the Royces.

That's why I said Cleganes + steroids. 

They need careful handling. However, they are worth having them around

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, Lord Wraith said:

Royce is my top pick right now.  Their cryptic house motto "we remember"....they remember what?  And the fact TWOIAF gave practically zilch information on the Vale prior to the invasion of the Andals, leaves much to speculation.  The other regions got multiple paragraphs or pages on history prior to the Andal invasion.  All we have is just something about some guy that wasn't Artys Arryn flying to the Giant's Lance and slaying the "Gryphon King" and that the Royces fought with the Shetts.  Leaves much to the imagination and much to be desired IMO.

Archived