Will we ever meet Shiera Seastar?

dsug

She seems to just be one of those characters that sticks out as being particularly intriguing to me. She seems interesting and elusive, but then she appears to just...disappear. While GRRM has painstakingly crafted the histories of hundreds of characters, living and dead, it seems odd that Shiera just kind of falls off the face of the earth. 

Melisandre theories notwithstanding, could we ever meet the Star of the Sea in a later Dunk & Egg story, perhaps. Egg mentions her bathing in blood, so I guess you could say I'm intrigued about her. 

Thoughts? Do you think we will? Do you even want to? Thanks!

I'd say we might see her in D&E. Unlikely to see her the main series... unless she is Quaithe. Also there is a fun theory that Mel is the daughter of Shiera and Bloodraven.

4 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

I'd say we might see her in D&E. Unlikely to see her the main series... unless she is Quaithe. Also there is a fun theory that Mel is the daughter of Shiera and Bloodraven.

I'd quite like to see her interact with Dunk lol. She was said to be quite the seductress, so I think any encounter they have could be pretty funny lol. 

4 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

I hope we meet her. I'd love to see what kind of woman caused Bloodraven (aka MY BOYFRIEND) to hate his brother Bittersteel.

Lol yesss. Her being at the center of their whole conflict is interesting to me. I always interpreted it as her being firmly on team Bloodraven at the end of the day, but it'd be cool to see her toy with both sides. Also, I'd be ok with her dabbling in the dark arts, because its high time this series had itself a proper witch haha. 

1 hour ago, dsug said:

She seems to just be one of those characters that sticks out as being particularly intriguing to me. She seems interesting and elusive, but then she appears to just...disappear. While GRRM has painstakingly crafted the histories of hundreds of characters, living and dead, it seems odd that Shiera just kind of falls off the face of the earth. 

Melisandre theories notwithstanding, could we ever meet the Star of the Sea in a later Dunk & Egg story, perhaps. Egg mentions her bathing in blood, so I guess you could say I'm intrigued about her. 

Thoughts? Do you think we will? Do you even want to? Thanks!

Two small things to say:

1. I've always found Shiera Seastar to be an intriguing character as well. Fingers crossed for the B+S=M theory.
  2. Your signature's quote give me chills. Such a crowning, awesome moment of bad. :whip:

8 minutes ago, Traverys said:

Two small things to say:

1. I've always found Shiera Seastar to be an intriguing character as well. Fingers crossed for the B+S=M theory. 

Yes I think that's a decent possibility. I like the idea of the two of them having a secret child. The story of how that went down could also fill in the holes of her own life. Namely, how it ended haha. 

Ive heard theories that Melisandre either is Shiera's daughter, or is Shiera herself. I prefer the daughter angle, personally, even though I prefer Mel simply being who she says she is even more :P But as you pointed out, I think GRRM has definitely established some precedent for S+B=M.

8 minutes ago, Traverys said:
  1. Your signature's quote give me chills. Such a crowning, awesome moment of bad. :whip:

Haha thanks!! That whole scene just made my skin crawl, while also making be like "yass bitch!" at the same time lol

1 hour ago, maudisdottir said:

I hope we meet her. I'd love to see what kind of woman caused Bloodraven (aka MY BOYFRIEND) to hate his brother Bittersteel.

To be fair their rivalry probably started long before Shiera but I am sure it didn't help.

46 minutes ago, dsug said:

Yes I think that's a decent possibility. I like the idea of the two of them having a secret child. The story of how that went down could also fill in the holes of her own life. Namely, how it ended haha. 

Ive heard theories that Melisandre either is Shiera's daughter, or is Shiera herself. I prefer the daughter angle, personally, even though I prefer Mel simply being who she says she is even more :P But as you pointed out, I think GRRM has definitely established some precedent for S+B=M.

Haha thanks!! That whole scene just made my skin crawl, while also making be like "yass bitch!" at the same time lol

I'll always remember watching that scene. My oldest brother and I are really into the books so we always watch the show together. We both started seeing what was gonna happen and we were like... no... wait... really? Is she gonna?... wait... BOOM. Chills.

5 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

To be fair their rivalry probably started long before Shiera but I am sure it didn't help.

I agree, Bloodraven and Bittersteel's mothers were Blackwoods and Brackens respectively, two families known to have feuded for centuries.

Given this family feud, also that Barba, Bittersteel's mother, had been replaced as Aegon IV's mistress by Melissa, Bloodraven's mother, who in turn had been replaced by Barba's younger sister under her own influence, it would not at all surprise me if their mothers and their families had been instilling certain opinions onto them.

14 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

I agree, Bloodraven and Bittersteel's mothers were Blackwoods and Brackens respectively, two families known to have feuded for centuries.

Given this family feud, also that Barba, Bittersteel's mother, had been replaced as Aegon IV's mistress by Melissa, Bloodraven's mother, who in turn had been replaced by Barba's younger sister under her own influence, it would not at all surprise me if their mothers and their families had been instilling certain opinions onto them.

Indeed, also one could also argue that their rivalry was partially behind the Blackfyre Rebellion.

16 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

We might have already seen her in a flashback; AKA, Maggie the Frog.

Now that is an interesting idea... Got any more on it or has someone written a theory on it?

15 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Now that is an interesting idea... Got any more on it or has someone written a theory on it?

Not much to go on, but there is this:

SSM, March 2006

Shiera was born with one dark blue eye and one bright green one, but the singers said that this flaw only accentuated her loveliness. She was the greatest beauty of her age, a slender and elegant woman, slim of waist and full of breast. She had the silver-gold hair of the Targaryens, thick and curling, and wore it very long. At some points in her life it fell well below her waist, almost to the back of her knees. She had a heart-shaped face, full lips, and her mismatched eyes were strangely large and full of mischief; her rivals said she used them to melt men's hearts.

Compare to:

Catelyn II, SoS

Queen, Yes, this pretty little girl is a queen. I must remember that. She was pretty, undeniably, with her chestnut curls and heart-shaped face...

She is, of course, speaking about Jeyne Westerling, great grand-daughter of Maggie the Frog.

And interestingly, the only other person with the heart-shaped face that I can find is:

Prologue, CoK

Her hair was not the orange or strawberry color of common red-haired men, but a deep burnished copper that shone in the light of the torches. Even her eyes were red . . . but her skin was smooth and white, unblemished, pale as cream. Slender she was, graceful, taller than most knights, with full breasts and a narrow waist and a heart-shaped face.

None other than the Lady Melisandre, who is widely believed to be the daughter or grand-daughter of Shiera Seastar and Bloodraven.

This, of course, would make Mel either an aunt or a great-aunt to Jeyne Westerling, and it would also mean that Mel herself is chock full of Targaryen blood, also known as king's blood.

3 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Compare to:

She is, of course, speaking about Jeyne Westerling, great grand-daughter of Maggie the Frog.

And interestingly, the only other person with the heart-shaped face that I can find is:

None other than the Lady Melisandre, who is widely believed to be the daughter or grand-daughter of Shiera Seastar and Bloodraven.

This, of course, would make Mel either an aunt or a great-aunt to Jeyne Westerling, and it would also mean that Mel herself is chock full of Targaryen blood, also known as king's blood.

Melisandra is obsessed with the power of king's blood but she is also kind of annoying.  So maybe, if you are right about her heritage, she might just accomplish her greatest deed by offering herself to the flames.  I would be OK with that.    :D

11 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Compare to:

Interesting and thanks. I was aware of the possibility of Mel being the daughter of Bloodraven and Shiera. 

Archived