Will we ever meet Shiera Seastar?

dsug

It would be interesting and fitting if she showed up in ASOIAF, maybe not in person but in spirit (not literally of course). We have Bloodraven as the Three eyed crow and we have Bittersteels golden skull leading Aegons armies, so it wouldn't surprise me that an element of Shiera would show up somewhere in the story.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Lord Wraith said:

Now that is an interesting idea... Got any more on it or has someone written a theory on it?

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, John Suburbs said:

Not much to go on, but there is this:

Compare to:

She is, of course, speaking about Jeyne Westerling, great grand-daughter of Maggie the Frog.

And interestingly, the only other person with the heart-shaped face that I can find is:

None other than the Lady Melisandre, who is widely believed to be the daughter or grand-daughter of Shiera Seastar and Bloodraven.

This, of course, would make Mel either an aunt or a great-aunt to Jeyne Westerling, and it would also mean that Mel herself is chock full of Targaryen blood, also known as king's blood.

There is a write up on that.  She could be either Shiera or Shiera's daughter, but whoever she is I am pretty sure Maggy is Melisandre.  https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/5telqu/spoilers_extended_maggy_the_frog_the_red/Hope this helps. 

Just now, acwill07 said:

It's obvious that Maggy the Frog is Jeyne Westerling's grandmother, but asserting that she is also Melisandre is a gigantic stretch IMO.  Thinking that they are also Sheira Seastar is REALLY out there.

No skin off my back.  She is just a priestess from the east (most likely Asshai) who uses fire magic, who can summon demons, has "a really long name no one can pronounce".  The ONLY characters described in the books with a heart shaped face are Jeyne Westerling and Melisandre, I say again, the only two characters in the books with a heart shaped face are Mel and Jeyne.  The whole Shiera Seastar has a heart shaped face came from a description GRRM gave to an artist, and was never placed in the books thus far.  The only characters GRRM wants the readers to care about having a heart shaped face is Jeyne and Mel.  The Cersei sequence with Maggy is about as outright unreliable as you can get, so whatever you got from that scene, have fun figuring out what was dream and what was reality.  The friends Cersei is accompanied with to the tent are Jeyne and Melara, again Jeyne and Mel.  I don't think the important thing is if Mel is Shiera or her daughter (she is probably one or the other), but I think the important thing is that Maggy is Mel. 

Archived