Acrophobia 29 - ASOIAF Dating - ... AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

It's never really been a rule as such but many, including myself, have often felt compelled to do so (in my case I did many Acrophilia games instead). I was actually offering to bring back Acrophilia instead but I will happily do the next Acrophobia if there is more demand that I host that. Philia will have to wait if I am doing the next Phobia.

Presumably Season 7 won't finish till around early September? Is it 7 episodes this time?

i think it is 7 and looks like set to air finale on 27 Aug

i must admit i enjoy philia more most times...though phobia certainly has its moments

:smoking:

Good starlight,

I wonder is somebody would be up for playing Philia during the season as well?

As a solution, I could email things, if the board gets karate treatment during the season. Not to any truly personal emails, I am certain you could think of some curious new email addresses just for the game.

I would have to take a day or two to think of any theme and other things hosts do, which I would have forgotten, but then we could begin!

It would be less easy to forget things for me during the season, that is why.

If you'd like, let know. If you would not, that's wonderful, too.

On 2017. 07. 15. at 9:39 PM, a free shadow said:

Good starlight,

As a solution, I could email things, if the board gets karate treatment during the season. Not to any truly personal emails, I am certain you could think of some curious new email addresses just for the game.

I would have to take a day or two to think of any theme and other things hosts do, which I would have forgotten, but then we could begin!

Yes! Emails would be a good solution, I think. 

During a previous GoT season I started a group on Facebook called Westeros Games Forumers. It's a closed group, which means you need to apply to join. I assume you can find it simply by searching for it. We could run a game off of that group. :)

Iirc, we ran the game on Westeros, but each round was repeated on the forum and reminders and extensions were announced as well.

I am the admin, so if you want to join the group drop me a pm and we can try that.

How about a game with reactions to each episode? Though maybe some of you won't see it, right? 

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

How about a game with reactions to each episode? Though maybe some of you won't see it, right? 

I love this idea, although I think you're right that a couple of players don't watch the show.

I could maybe host an unofficial Phobia on your Facebook group while shadow hosts Philia via emails?

Could use the episode titles for the acronyms?

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I love this idea, although I think you're right that a couple of players don't watch the show.

I could maybe host an unofficial Phobia on your Facebook group while shadow hosts Philia via emails?

Could use the episode titles for the acronyms?

Not enough letters - for example, episode 1 is Dragonstone.

And we can wait a few days before starting rounds, let people catch up on episodes.

And.....here it is, day of, and I am not so far having problems getting in. We could start the game on the Board, and switch if things get difficult.

On 16 July 2017 at 5:39 AM, a free shadow said:

Good starlight,

OMG You're back! At last.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:29 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

thanks Brother Gabe...i needed that

3 hours ago, a free shadow said:

The game I would host will not rely on the series, it is meant to be despite the series!

hahahahahaha yes in that case i shall play!

look for my owl

:smoking:

18 hours ago, a free shadow said:

The game I would host will not rely on the series, it is meant to be despite the series!

I will play. I can't PM you messenger is acting funny. 

Archived