Acrophobia 29 - ASOIAF Dating - ... AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

On Invalid Date at 5:17 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

It's interesting. I like to think I'm usually quite good at guessing who wrote each entry but I got most of these wrong. I got Lady B as 4 and RB as 3, but I had FB as 1, H'H as 5, sniffer as 6 and Castellan as 7. I was pretty confident of these guesses too, until votes and comments suggested otherwise.

I do not know if I should be glad or concerned that you were able to guess that I came up with that number 3 entry.

3 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

I do not know if I should be glad or concerned that you were able to guess that I came up with that number 3 entry.

You have a fairly unique style, which is a good thing. It might not work every time but it is a welcome expansion of variety in the game.

Well, it's time to start Round Seven (sorry about the delay). This is the last round and this time you have a choice between two characters: One of them is Cersei Lannister. The other one is Jaime Lannister. On what occasion would either of them use this particular app? Cersei - any time when Jaime is far away, probably. Jaime? He is extremely faithful, but recently he has been disappointed in Cersei, so who knows? 

The acronym will be short and it will depend on your choice.

If you choose Jaime, the acronym will be: C E R S E I.

If you choose Cersei, the acronym will be: J A I M E.

Your deadline for submission and voting: Sunday, June 25th, 6 p.m. (Central European Time).

36 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Well, it's time to start Round Seven (sorry about the delay). This is the last round and this time you have a choice between two characters: One of them is Cersei Lannister. The other one is Jaime Lannister. On what occasion would either of them use this particular app? Cersei - any time when Jaime is far away, probably. Jaime? He is extremely faithful, but recently he has been disappointed in Cersei, so who knows? 

The acronym will be short and it will depend on your choice.

If you choose Jaime, the acronym will be: C E R S E I.

If you choose Cersei, the acronym will be: J A I M E.

Your deadline for submission and voting: Sunday, June 26th, 6 p.m. (Central European Time).

We should do both!!!!

First:      6. Charming invader (text 'Royal') offering major fiery alliance!

Second: 2. Cute, intense, Targaryen requires omnipotent man for amor.

Third:     4. Classic insignia - Targaryen Red - overseas made famous, adroitly.

Wow! Thanks for the votes last round, people! :D

1. 6. Charming invader (text 'Royal') offering major fiery alliance! I'm picturing Dany swiping left and right on her smartphone. 

2. 1. Collaboration in takeover requested. Offers? Marriage forges alliance.

3. 4. Classic insignia - Targaryen Red - overseas made famous, adroitly.

On 20 June 2017 at 10:24 AM, Fragile Bird said:

Aw, c'mon, matched pairs!

It will be an effort for me to dredge up one entry let alone two. So far haven't been able to even try.

Just submitted for the last round. Not my best entry, and this was a hard game. You all have put in some great efforts. When this game began, I thought I might be in a good spot to win. Turns out that was not the case. You all deserve credit for this hard fought game.

Just a reminder that we have less than four hours until the deadline. Not everyone has submitted an entry yet, and some of you may want to make some changes or decisions. :)

So basically time is up. There is just one problem that delays me, which is that I've noticed it only today that two of the submitted entries do not have the acronym right. I've notified the players, one of whom submitted the entry several days ago, so I feel it is only fair to give them some time to find my PM and reply to it.  

ROUND SIX AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. Collaboration in takeover requested. Offers? Marriage forges alliance. Dolorous Gabe  1+1+2+2+1+3=10

2. Cute, intense, Targaryen requires omnipotent man for amor. Lady Blizzardborn  1+1+2+1=5

3. Curious?  I'm Targaryen Royalty!  Open marriage facilitates assignations. Howlin’ Howland 1+1+1+3=6

4. Classic insignia - Targaryen Red - overseas made famous, adroitly. rocksniffer 1+1+1+1+3=7

5. Craving intimate trysts. Regally offering my favours - apply! Castellan 1+1+3+2+2+2=11

6. Charming invader (text 'Royal') offering major fiery alliance! Fragile Bird  1+2+1+3+3+3+1+4=18

STANDINGS

1. Fragile Bird:   59+18=77

2. Dolorous Gabe: 59+10=69

3. Howlin’ Howland: 47+6=53

4. Lady Blizzardborn: 43+5=48

5. rocksniffer: 38+7=45

6. Castellan: 30+11=41

7. The Bastards Giant Friend: 27  

8. Raisin’ Bran: 23+3=26

9. Skies: 13

10. lil’ ghost: 1+1+1=3 (for voting)

Well, this round has brought a sweeping victory for Fragile(?) Bird, who is now in the lead. The runners-up are Castellan and Dolorous Gabe, of whom the latter is still well within reach of our winged friend. Howlin' Howland is holding on to the third place in the race, but he is still being chased by Lady Blizzardborn and rocksniffer. The last round is coming, and a lot can happen yet, so stay with us!

Archived