Acrophobia 29 - ASOIAF Dating - ... AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

7 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Gaining 8 points on the Bird in one round will be a tough ask.

Thank goodness I used the full box of salt.... :o

I meant to comment on your post about trying to guess who wrote what. I find I am not very good at guessing authors, but what I see happening all the time is that I often vote for the same people's entries. I picked yours for first, for example, something I think I do regularly. And I know I've gone wrong in an entry when some people who regularly vote for me don't. I go 'ouch, I'm in trouble!'

However, I also know a great entry can take me down, and I look forward to seeing your great entry, Gabe!

32 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Thank goodness I used the full box of salt.... :o

I meant to comment on your post about trying to guess who wrote what. I find I am not very good at guessing authors, but what I see happening all the time is that I often vote for the same people's entries. I picked yours for first, for example, something I think I do regularly. And I know I've gone wrong in an entry when some people who regularly vote for me don't. I go 'ouch, I'm in trouble!'

However, I also know a great entry can take me down, and I look forward to seeing your great entry, Gabe!

I've tried my best to make something great but I don't think it's great. My best effort by far was using the wrong acronym haha. We shall see. At this stage your 8 point lead is a fair reflection I think. It's been a good battle!

Re: guessing authors; I've noticed that certain people do have similar telltale signs, which makes it easy to mix them up and obviously newcomers can make things interesting, but some do have very unique signs, not always evident but often are.

ROUND SEVEN

1. Just an incestuous matriarch exploring.

2. Celebrated enforcer, rich, secretly enjoys incest.

3. Clawless expiating rogue seeks ethical intimacy.

4. Jeweled, acock, illustrious, malkinesque empress.

5. Junior Adonis? I'm marvelously eager.

6. *Cannot ever replace sister - eternal inamorata*

7. Just admire intensely, massage ego.

So finally, the final seven!

Regarding the votes, I would like to suggest a slight change this time: Let's make the voting anonymous. Send your votes to me in a PM. Eventually, I will reveal the votes and the voters, so in the end everything will be public,as usual, but the votes will be secret for a while. 

Please, vote for your favourite three entries not later than 6. p.m. (Central European Time) on Thursday, 29th June.

7 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

"Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!" :lol:

Hard to disagree, Sam Rockwell is marvellous!

Alan Rickman's wonderful Alexander/Dr Lazarus runs him close though.

i agree rickman was great....but guy steals the show  :eek:

and must say my vote in secret is done...i chose the three that really used other name for named person well

:smoking:

I'm sorry, I have had an awfully busy day. I couldn't even get near this computer. Tomorrow will be very similar, so I have to postpone the final calculation and post until Saturday. :grouphug:

In the meantime,please, elect a new host and choose a new topic. :) (If no one seems to want to host, start suggesting topics, perhaps someone will be tempted by a good idea.)

I also want to say that I really miss Acrophilia, so I very much support the idea of starting a new game. 

I tried to come up with some theme ideas. This was an effort and they are not my faves or anything, so please suggest your own ideas. 

The preacher speaks - messages from the religious characters we have encountered - from different religions.

Imagine new houses are created - write their 'words' - create the houses for specific characters in the book - e.g. Gendry - could be characters ludicrous or worthy to be raised up.

Letters home - from those far away. I know we've had raven messages between characters, this is slightly different.

I thought the next two might have popped into my brain because they've already been done. Can't remember - 

Mysteries - pose a mystery and we write the solution.

Fates - for each character, predict an outcome .

Archived