My theory on whats gonna happen with dany and the horseman

snow is the man

The dothraki follow strength well dany rides a dragon. Not a horse but a dragon. They will either leave or the more likely outcome (in my opinion) They will bend the knee to her. I think it's setup this way and they will follow her back to mereen and whether or not the siege has already been broken her now able to ride the dragon and having the unsullied,her freedman,and a ton of dothraki will give her the power to essentially force all of the free cities to end slavery or face destruction. What are your thoughts?

Also I think this is how they will get her across the sea finally and with a ton of troops as well as her dragons. It will be in time to fight the "others".

Sounds about right. I mean in a way a dragon is like a flying, fire-breathing horse.

I don't think it will necessarily be as simple or straightforward as you've said, but I'm fairly certain Dany is the Mare Who Mounts The World, and she'll unite all the khalasars.

Not sure she'll have time to end slavery, but she could leave some of her Dothraki behind to handle that for her. No one is going to say no to Drogon's mommy.

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Not sure she'll have time to end slavery, but she could leave some of her Dothraki behind to handle that for her. No one is going to say no to Drogon's mommy.

The Dothraki are not exactly diplomats or politicians. And there's no reason they'd want to end slavery. The Dorthraki survive BECAUSE of slavery. The majority of their horde is made up of slaves.

As to the OP's point, I'd say it's obvious they're going to follow her/join her in some capacity. The narrative calls for it, otherwise there's no logical reason for her to have ended up out there. I just really hope she doesn't get dragged all the way back to the fuckin' Dosh Khaleen. God, please, no more backtracking. I don't care about prophecies or whatever; if she went back, she'd be getting back to Meereen at around half way through the book or even later than that. We don't have time, GRRM!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Renly's Banana said:

The Dothraki are not exactly diplomats or politicians. And there's no reason they'd want to end slavery. The Dorthraki survive BECAUSE of slavery. The majority of their horde is made up of slaves.

As to the OP's point, I'd say it's obvious they're going to follow her/join her in some capacity. The narrative calls for it, otherwise there's no logical reason for her to have ended up out there. I just really hope she doesn't get dragged all the way back to the fuckin' Dosh Khaleen. God, please, no more backtracking. I don't care about prophecies or whatever; if she went back, she'd be getting back to Meereen at around half way through the book or even later than that. We don't have time, GRRM!!!!!!!!!

True, Dany will have to do something really impressive to get the Dothraki to change their ways.  After all Drogo wasn't going to free the slaves of his Khalasar no matter how much Dany wanted it.  The women and children that Dany saved were basically made her property.  And it brings in a bigger question, if Dany gets the Dothraki to follow her to Westeros what will that be like?  The Dothraki way of war is based on enslaving the beaten, raping the women and pretty much destroying everything else.  The Dothraki raid, they do not conquer.  Nothing would unite the military power of Westeros faster than a dothraki horde in their midst.  And how many people will welcome Dany with open arms after her army has burned them out, taken all their possessions, killed anyone who has stood against them, raped and enslaved everyone else?  After generations of the Dothraki doing this I think it will take more than Dany's wishes to turn them around.

But having said that add me to the list of those sick and tired of Meereen and Astapor and Slaver's Bay, get Dany moving back to Westeros.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:05 PM, Renly's Banana said:

Which is why it's extremely convenient for Dany to have Drogon. Whatever issues they'll have with her policy declarations, no one will argue with Drogon (at least not after the first guy dies screaming while trying).

On 5/13/2017 at 8:35 AM, Renly's Banana said:

Dany will become the TSWMTW and khaleesi of Khals who will unite the dothraki ...she will be viewed as their god and her word will be their law ..pretty sure that's enough for them to do as she says

On Invalid Date at 4:53 PM, snow is the man said:

The dothraki follow strength well dany rides a dragon. Not a horse but a dragon. They will either leave or the more likely outcome (in my opinion) They will bend the knee to her. I think it's setup this way and they will follow her back to mereen and whether or not the siege has already been broken her now able to ride the dragon and having the unsullied,her freedman,and a ton of dothraki will give her the power to essentially force all of the free cities to end slavery or face destruction. What are your thoughts?

Also I think this is how they will get her across the sea finally and with a ton of troops as well as her dragons. It will be in time to fight the "others".

Perhaps.  It takes more than a khal to change the Dothraki culture.  Drogo alone could not have forced the Dothraki to abandon slavery.  But the khaleesi of the great grass sea, the one who mounts the stallion, will be seen as a god.  She will use that power to change their way of life into something more sociable. 

On 5/12/2017 at 10:05 PM, Renly's Banana said:

I pretty much anticipate that this is what will happen. She'll get all the Dothraki neatly handed to her, she's got a large portion of the iron fleet and dragon-taming horns sailing towards her, and she has Tyrion outside the city walls. So basically she'll keep up with her theme of doing very little and having things handed to her anyways. It's mind boggling and the most negative of ways.

Archived