my theory on why jon snow was killed.

snow is the man

13 minutes ago, Nevets said:

1.  If anything, those who come back from the dead seem to have more of what drove them before, not less.  Beric was even more dedicated to helping the smallfolk of the RL, and Catelyn was more vengeful than before.  And that's assuming he's dead, which I'm not convinced of.  So I don't see death as making Jon less committed to fighting the Others.

2.  From what we can tell, it seems to be a comparatively small faction of the NW that stabbed him.  I think the vast majority of the NW are either supporters, neutral, or, while they oppose him, don't support killing him.  Just because a small faction tries to kill you, you're going to say "the hell with it'?  I doubt it.

Being committed to fighting the Others & being committed to the NW are two different things. I'm only only talking about the latter. He can fight Others without being in the NW. Arguably he could do a better job. Along those same lines he can stay committed to killing others but he can change how he goes about it i.e. by not being concerned about his vows & leaving the NW.

People trying to kill you no matter how few it is is a big deal. So yeah I'd say to hell with it. Reminder I'm talking about being a part of the NW not the broader issue of fighting the others. The fact is neither we nor Jon know how many people are actually involved. Only a few did the actual stabbing but how many knew it was going to happen & did nothing. Hes not going to know who he can trust. The few people he could probably trust 100% he sent away. 

10 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

You would had stopped be dedicated to your job or liking your co-workers?

well considering they killed him I would say liking your co workers would be right out. I think it also depends on how other people  react to it. If they do what they did in the show then I would flip them the bird on the way out

On 14/5/2017 at 4:57 AM, snow is the man said:

well considering they killed him I would say liking your co workers would be right out. I think it also depends on how other people  react to it. If they do what they did in the show then I would flip them the bird on the way out

True. He would hate some of his co workers not his job.

On 13/5/2017 at 7:55 PM, Maxxine said:

One leads to the other. It's very difficult to enjoy your job and thus be dedicated to it if you don't like the people you work with. For Jon I would think it would be even worse. It's not even that he dislikes them, he can't trust them. 

I don't agree. Just like in every other case hating something or liking something because of the details is just an excuse. You either like your job or not.

8 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

I don't agree. Just like in every other case hating something or liking something because of the details is just an excuse. You either like your job or not.

Part of the job is your co-workers. Liking or disliking your job is more than just about the work. If your boss comes in and screams at you everyday or you co-workers continually throws you under the bus, you're telling me that's not going to affect how you feel about your job?

11 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Horrible co workers can make any job horrible. and considering they literally killed him...

Archived