Who will be Winter's First Child?

Walda

Dalla, Gilly, and Lollys have all given birth before the White Raven of Winter flew from the Citidel, so Tyrion Tanner is, as far as I know, the last sweet child of summer.

Lady Graceford, Lady Frey, Lady Bolton, and  Lady Tully are known to be pregnant, Princess Arianne and Princess Asha might be pregnant...and there could be more.

So, any ideas who the first child of winter will be?

I think Lady Tully giving birth would be a strong comeback in the main part of the series.
However, Lady Bolton could also be a good sign for a possible shift in views of the Bolton/Freys, if done right.

The daughter of the captain of the Myraham is probably pregnant with Theon's child, according to Theon when he declines to take her for a salt wife.

I suspect that Gilly may be pregnant again, this time with Samwell Tarly's baby.

17 hours ago, Walda said:

Dalla, Gilly, and Lollys have all given birth before the White Raven of Winter flew from the Citidel, so Tyrion Tanner is, as far as I know, the last sweet child of summer.

Lady Graceford, Lady Frey, Lady Bolton, and  Lady Tully are known to be pregnant, Princess Arianne and Princess Asha might be pregnant...and there could be more.

So, any ideas who the first child of winter will be?

Nit-pick:  Tyrion Tanner is the last child of autumn.  The White Ravens flew in the opening chapters of A Clash of Kings to herald the end of summer. 

17 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Apart from the fact that I've probably got the gestational weeks mixed up, it should be FArya, Jeyne Poole's baby with her rapist Ramsay -- it would suit the author's perversity.

Author's perversity helps to make this prediction feel likely on the gut-feeling scale of things. 

Of the ones mentioned, I think Roslin Frey (Lady Tully) has the earliest date of conception - at or just after the Red Wedding, which means she should be about ready to give birth.  While I think Jeyne Poole is likely pregnant, the date of conception would be much later, as would Fat Walda's and Gilly's.

2 hours ago, White Ravens said:

Nit-pick:  Tyrion Tanner is the last child of autumn.  The White Raven flew in the opening chapters of A Clash of Kings to herald the end of summer. 

It did?  I thought it flew in the ADWD epilogue?  (I guess you would know...;))

Author's perversity helps to make this prediction feel likely on the gut-feeling scale of things. 

It would be the first baby conceived at Winterfell since the snow arrived there in force, lending an additional potential interpretation to the titular chapter, 'A Prince in Winterfell,'  in which the marital consummation takes place (the indefinite article used in 'a prince' might apply to a number of simultaneous candidates including Theon, Ramsay, Bran and the 'fruit of the unsavoury union').  I'm just unsure about the gestational weeks and how that would work out feasibly, relative to the other pregnancies, in order to be 'the first' child delivered rather than only first conceived since Winter fell.

ETA:  Correction -- I see I've made a mistake referring to an 'indefinite article'.  The chapter is entitled 'The Prince in Winterfell'...Nevertheless, I still think that could refer to more than one character, hence the equivocal omission of a named POV here.

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

It did?  I thought it flew in the ADWD epilogue?  (I guess you would know...;))

It would be the first baby conceived at Winterfell since the snow arrived there in force, lending an additional potential interpretation to the titular chapter, 'A Prince in Winterfell,'  in which the marital consummation takes place (the indefinite article used in 'a prince' might apply to a number of simultaneous candidates including Theon, Ramsay, Bran and the 'fruit of the unsavoury union').  I'm just unsure about the gestational weeks and how that would work out feasibly, relative to the other pregnancies, in order to be 'the first' child delivered rather than conceived since Winter fell.

Cressen receives a white raven in the prologue of ACOK that heralds the end of summer/arrival of autumn.  The white Raven that visits Kevan Lannister in the epilogue of ADWD heralds the end of autumn/arrival of winter.

On 5/14/2017 at 2:19 PM, ravenous reader said:

Apart from the fact that I've probably got the gestational weeks mixed up, it should be FArya, Jeyne Poole's baby with her rapist Ramsay -- it would suit the author's perversity.

Jeyne also had sex with dogs...would she give birth to some half human puppies?

Pretty sure Lady Roselyn Tully's child is due first, then Lady Walda Bolton's, followed by the maybe baby Cersei may or may not be carrying. Who would I think possibly be Moonboys. ;)  Then any potentially concieved in ADWD ie: Jeyne fArya Bolton-Poole and Gilly the Wildling. But we don't know that either of these women concieved yet.  Asha however seems more likely to have concieved because we arespecifically told she intended to brew moontea but we see that she has not had the oportunity to do so. Also there is a potential storyline being set up for her to have a legitimate child through her proxy marriage.  Arriane I very much doubt is dumb enough to not have been drinking Moontea whilst she ws shagging Arys Oakheart.  

On 15/05/2017 at 7:28 AM, Nevets said:

While I think Jeyne Poole is likely pregnant, the date of conception would be much later, as would Fat Walda's and Gilly's.

Lady Bolton might have been pregnant at the Red Wedding, but unaware that she was.

On 15/05/2017 at 4:08 AM, Seams said:

daughter of the captain of the Myraham

Great catch. (and Gilly 2, too)

So nobody thinks Tywin/Lanna Graceford is a likely option?

Archived