Does the Others have a leader?

LordImp

If you are asking whether they have a command chain and hierarchy (by hierarchy i mean consensual hierarchy like in the men's world such as one lord acknowledges the other as his liege. they have troop tiers so to speak at the lowest tier wights, above them wws and on top the night's king or the great other or whatever he calls himself maybe his real name is Jeff) i don't think they have. They are striking me as Borgs in the Star Trek Universe. Everyone knows his place and do their thing.

25 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Euron as big bad or the Dragon?

I'd go with Dragon:Mouth of Sauron and possibly co-dragon given his personal sigil.  :D

I should clarify. Euron and his master are not the leaders of the others.  They intend to destroy all the gods.  The tree worshiper's little gods (Bran/Jon) cannot stop him.

The Mouth of Sauron:

A Feast for Crows - The Iron Captain

"We shall have no king but from the kingsmoot." The Damphair stood. "No godless man—"

"—may sit the Seastone Chair, aye." Euron glanced about the tent. "As it happens I have oft sat upon the Seastone Chair of late. It raises no objections." His smiling eye was glittering. "Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air . . . I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy . . . protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

The priest raised a bony finger.

"They pray to trees and golden idols and goat-headed abominations. False gods . . ."

"Just so," said Euron, "and for that sin I kill them all. I spill their blood upon the sea and sow their screaming women with my seed. Their little gods cannot stop me, so plainly they are false gods. I am more devout than even you, Aeron. Perhaps it should be you who kneels to me for blessing."

27 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I'd go with Dragon:Mouth of Sauron and possibly co-dragon given his personal sigil.  :D

I like that. Euron is definetly one of the biggest dangers . 

Just now, LordImp said:

I like that. Euron is definetly one of the biggest dangers . 

Sorry edited my previous comment for clarification.  Yes the original sigil in the wiki depicted the red eye with a slit, like the eye of Sauron.  It's been changed recently since in the upcoming book, Euron is no longer referred to as the Crow's Eye but Bloodeye.  Of course Darth Vader's master disguises himself as a kindly old man at first. 

I would say it's the (HBO spoiler below):

Spoiler

Night's King

But that's only because of the HBO show. They initially published the name in the script for Hardhome (episode) and then quickly edited it out. Seems an odd thing to include rather than just calling it "Boss Other" or something like that.  But take the HBO evidence out of the equation and I would tend to agree with the borg theory given by @Wolf of The Wall.

8 hours ago, LordImp said:

Who is leading the others ? Will their leader step up as a anatagonist in future books?

The Great Other whose name may not be said?  It surely can't be the caricature of the Night King that is provided by the thing that cannot be  mentioned in the book forum.

According to Mel and Moqorro.

A Storm of Swords - Davos III   "The war?" asked Davos. "The war," she affirmed. "There are two, Onion Knight. Not seven, not one, not a hundred or a thousand. Two! Do you think I crossed half the world to put yet another vain king on yet another empty throne? The war has been waged since time began, and before it is done, all men must choose where they will stand. On one side is R'hllor, the Lord of Light, the Heart of Fire, the God of Flame and Shadow. Against him stands the Great Other whose name may not be spoken, the Lord of Darkness, the Soul of Ice, the God of Night and Terror.  <snip> "My heart," Davos said slowly, "is full of doubts."

A Dance with Dragons - Victarion I   "There are no gods but R'hllor and the Other, whose name may not be said." <snip>  Clad in black from head to heel, with a mask of red-and-orange flames tattooed across his face, the priest appeared more sinister than ever.

Bran the coma boy woke up when he saw the heart of winter.

A Game of Thrones - Bran III    Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him. And he looked past the Wall, past endless forests cloaked in snow, past the frozen shore and the great blue-white rivers of ice and the dead plains where nothing grew or lived. North and north and north he looked, to the curtain of light at the end of the world, and then beyond that curtain. He looked deep into the heart of winter, and then he cried out, afraid, and the heat of his tears burned on his cheeks.

Now you know, the crow whispered as it sat on his shoulder. Now you know why you must live.

"Why?" Bran said, not understanding, falling, falling.

The Great Other’s domain is supposed to be death and the dead are his soldiers.

A Storm of Swords - Samwell II   "They only come when it's cold."   "Yes," said Sam, "but is it the cold that brings the wights, or the wights that bring the cold?"

Wight's are dead things, human and animal. The Other's are graceful, speak a language and like the wights have blue eyes and appear at twilight.  So WHO is the Great Other that lives in the Land of Always Winter?

I didn't buy the coffee table book. This is what the search site https://asearchoficeandfire.com/?q="bring+the+cold"

The World of Ice and Fire - Ancient History: The Long Night      Yet there are other tales—harder to credit and yet more central to the old histories—about creatures known as the Others. According to these tales, they came from the frozen Land of Always Winter, bringing the cold and darkness with them as they sought to extinguish all light and warmth. The tales go on to say they rode monstrous ice spiders and the horses of the dead, resurrected to serve them, just as they resurrected dead men to fight on their behalf.

9 hours ago, LordImp said:

Will their leader step up as a anatagonist in future books?

I do not know.

Archived