It's so hard to say goodbye: TV Shows Canceled in 2017.

PetyrPunkinhead

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

As much as I like Orphan Black, I'm interested to see what Tatiana Maslany does next. She deserves to be a huge star. 

Yeah I'm hoping that's a case. It would be very disappointing to see her fade into the background, but she has the critical acclaim already so hopefully she goes on to great things!

11 hours ago, red snow said:

was Orphan Black and Black Sails cancelled? In the case of Black Sails it felt far more like it reached a natural end-point and I thought a similar thing was true for Orphan Black.

Otherwise there's nothing on that list that I was watching but it still sucks when new shows are canned if people are enjoying them.

The only sure way of surviving cancellation on TV these days is being a DC comics property on CW. At the current rate they'll be able to change the channel's name to DCTV soon. They just need to incorporate Supernatural into the DC universe.

OB wasn't cancelled, it has reached the planned series finale. 

The link in the OP was fairly interesting reading about the CW and renewals. The article under Crazy-Ex Girlfriend suggests one reason for renewal despite low ratings (grrr wtf? Why?!) was because it comes from CBS rather than Warner Bros, and they like to try to keep a bit of balance. Don't know how accurate that is, but interesting if it's true.

I loved BrainDead but the concept had at best one more season in it, turning from Congress to Wall Street as shown in the first season finale.

New Girl was renewed for a final season of eight episodes.

43 minutes ago, Risto said:

I swear to God, I haven't found anything on the list that I will be sorely missed.

Me either... I can honestly say that --despite being a TV junkie who watches anywhere between 10-15 shows per week-- the only shows on broadcast stations I watch are of the comic book genre... and even if they disappeared, I'd not be heartbroken...  the entire list seems to be from broadcast networks.... 

21 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Me either... I can honestly say that --despite being a TV junkie who watches anywhere between 10-15 shows per week-- the only shows on broadcast stations I watch are of the comic book genre... and even if they disappeared, I'd not be heartbroken...  the entire list seems to be from broadcast networks.... 

This year, due to academic and business obligations, I had to quit entire CW/DC Universe and Agents of Shield. Honestly, I don't feel as if I am missing something. Simply, there are too many good shows out there to be dealing with crap :D 

34 minutes ago, Risto said:

This year, due to academic and business obligations, I had to quit entire CW/DC Universe and Agents of Shield. Honestly, I don't feel as if I am missing something. Simply, there are too many good shows out there to be dealing with crap :D 

AoS has had its best season yet, imo. But yeah, the CW/DC is crap, but I keep watching because of boredom and the occasional laughs.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

AoS has had its best season yet, imo. But yeah, the CW/DC is crap, but I keep watching because of boredom and the occasional laughs.

IDK, I always perceived AoS as some sort appendix (in medical terminology) of Marvel Universe. That said, it had its moments... 

As for CW/DC, you must be REAAALY bored :D 

Archived