Wex the little bird.

TPTWP Timett

20 minutes ago, TPTWP Timett said:

Could Wex be on of Varys's little birds? I have little proof to offer besides him being mute. The biggest knock I could find is that he can't read, but I find it odd we don't see more little hints of potential little birds.

We probably don't see any because its likely that Varys murders them or sends them back to Illyrio when he is done with them.

I admit Wex is a clever young man. I think he will be important in the upcoming books.

He's not a little bird but he is a walking proof how easily secrets out if you don't know who might be listening. IMHO, this parallel of a mute person "talking" points to why Varys would lie to a dying Kevan with flocks of little birds around.

Bearing in mind that we have point a of view of mostly high born individuals it would be rather unusual for them to notice mute kids running around.  The whole point of the little birds is so nobody noticed them.

They are part of the underclass that KL has everywhere other castles they would stick out like a sore thumb a.g. Winterfell/Eyrie

• 4 weeks later...

Wex is undoubtedly a clever boy. What puzzles me are his reasons for going to White Harbor and disclosing the truth about Rickon to the Manderlys. Does he want to see the Boltons brought down in revenge for what happened to Theon and the other Ironborn at Winterfell? Does he have some sympathy for the Starks? I'm really not sure.

56 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Wex is undoubtedly a clever boy. What puzzles me are his reasons for going to White Harbor and disclosing the truth about Rickon to the Manderlys. Does he want to see the Boltons brought down in revenge for what happened to Theon and the other Ironborn at Winterfell? Does he have some sympathy for the Starks? I'm really not sure.

He is at the core of the possible addition of the Ironborn to the Stannis/Manderly/Glover/Umber conspiracy.

Got to be wondering what Dagmer is still doing at Torren's Square considering how close it is to Winterfell.

Archived