Its so obvious

Pacala

1 hour ago, Pacala said:

i dont get it why all asume Rhaegar is Jon father when its so obvious. Brandon Stark raped Ashara and Lyanna, he is Jon father. Thats why Benjen joined the NW.

Benjen joined the NW because big brother Brandon was a bad boy?  Probably not.  

I do support the theory that Brandon and Lyanna were intimate and begat Jon.  That's the Brandon + Lyanna = Jon.  However, this is not the reason why Benjen would join the NW.  He was a younger son with little options in terms of having his own castle and lands.  

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Benjen joined the NW because big brother Brandon was a bad boy?  Probably not.  

I do support the theory that Brandon and Lyanna were intimate and begat Jon.  That's the Brandon + Lyanna = Jon.  However, this is not the reason why Benjen would join the NW.  He was a younger son with little options in terms of having his own castle and lands.  

+ if he was aware of the rape and the love between Lyanna and Rhaegar. Imagine the uncle watching hes nephew grow up and all the time knowing that is his brother son, all those killing cuz of Brandon rape.

11 minutes ago, Pacala said:

+ if he was aware of the rape and the love between Lyanna and Rhaegar. Imagine the uncle watching hes nephew grow up and all the time knowing that is his brother son, all those killing cuz of Brandon rape.

6 minutes ago, Archangel Lucifer said:

Ned stark raped Lyanna that his son and he Killed her to cover the secret also that's way he never told his wife who Jon's mother was

I would love to play a game of connect the dots with you guys. It would be a mind altering experience. Like tripping on acid...

27 minutes ago, Archangel Lucifer said:

Ned stark raped Lyanna that his son and he Killed her to cover the secret also that's way he never told his wife who Jon's mother was

well untill now we have incest and rape adn med eve life style:

Brandon = tall and handsome,hot tempered good fighter, grey eyes

Ned = long face, dark hair and grey eyes (cold eyes), shorter then Brandon, reserved personality

Lyanna = beautifull, long face, brown hair and grey eyes, wild

Benjen = long legs, very thin, blue eyes

Rhaegar = tall and beautifull, blue indigo eyes, silver hair, talented musician, skilled knight

Jon Snow = long face of the Stark, dark brown hair, grey eyes almost black, quick and gracefull, lean build, good with a sword, good observer

29 minutes ago, Pacala said:

His nephew was his brother's son either way.  Ned or Brandon's.  Ofcourse, we could all really go out on the far side and say Benjen may be the papa but he doesn't act that way towards Jon, so I am sure he is not the sire.  

1 minute ago, Pacala said:

Jon Snow = long face of the Stark, dark brown hair, grey eyes almost black, quick and gracefull, lean build, good with a sword

He doesn't have a single Targaryen physical feature.  That is correct.  He's all North, all Ice, all Stark, all direwolf.  Not even a little bit of Valyrian feature.  That is indeed odd.  

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I hope Jon is not Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. The reason being, I would like SOME big surprises to be left over. 

Between theories like R+L=J and the numerous spoilers set off by the show, I'm starting to feel like there aren't any big reveals left...and it makes me sad. 

But I'm not completely without hope. Between Ned Dayne, Cersei's "child you stole," comment, Selmy's recollection of the tourney at Harrenhall, and the mysterious wet nurse, I feel like there is SOMETHING we have yet to see. All that being said...

Brandon didn't rape Ashara.

Selmy was in love with her, and if she had been raped, I doubt he would look back on it with simple melancholy. I don't think he would have referred to the incident as Ashara "looking to" Stark. 

3 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

His nephew was his brother's son either way.  Ned or Brandon's.  Ofcourse, we could all really go out on the far side and say Benjen may be the papa but he doesn't act that way towards Jon, so I am sure he is not the sire.  

no one said Benjen is Jon father. but all the killing, Robert rebellion all cuz of a rape. all the reason to go away + no option for him in Winterfell.

5 minutes ago, BricksAndSparrows said:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I hope Jon is not Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. The reason being, I would like SOME big surprises to be left over. 

Between theories like R+L=J and the numerous spoilers set off by the show, I'm starting to feel like there aren't any big reveals left...and it makes me sad. 

But I'm not completely without hope. Between Ned Dayne, Cersei's "child you stole," comment, Selmy's recollection of the tourney at Harrenhall, and the mysterious wet nurse, I feel like there is SOMETHING we have yet to see. All that being said...

Brandon didn't rape Ashara.

Selmy was in love with her, and if she had been raped, I doubt he would look back on it with simple melancholy. I don't think he would have referred to the incident as Ashara "looking to" Stark. 

Strongly seduced with the help of wine?  Would Selmy see that as the same thing?  

5 hours ago, Pacala said:

i dont get it why all asume Rhaegar is Jon father when its so obvious. Brandon Stark raped Ashara and Lyanna, he is Jon father. Thats why Benjen joined the NW.

That would make Jon a lot older than he actually is. Several months, in fact. There is no way Ned would be able to pass off Jon as his bastard born after marrying Catelyn in this situation. Either that, or Lyanna was pregnant for over a year.

I suspect I'm about to be bombarded with comments about 'bastards growing up faster' and bizarre explanations for Cat not noticing the huge discrepancy in age even though I myself (a pathetic man-child) can easily tell the difference between a newborn and a 6 month old baby.

1 hour ago, Pacala said:

no one said Benjen is Jon father. but all the killing, Robert rebellion all cuz of a rape. all the reason to go away + no option for him in Winterfell.

RR was because Robert claimed there was a rape -- unless I have it all wrong, Lyanna never told anyone that she was actually raped. By Rhaegar, Brandon, Benjen, the horses, the scullery maids, whoever.

Personally, I think it's going to come out that just after the tourney, Rhaegar witnessed Robert striking Lyanna in a drunken rage because the "Queen of Love and Beauty" incident caused him to be jealous. Rhaegar intervened and then wound up galloping off with Lyanna to remove her from Robert's violence. Robert, humiliated by the whole thing, let it be called an abduction and was more than willing to see hundreds or thousands die because of it, including his own family and friends.

Screw all the incest.

3 minutes ago, weirwoodface said:

RR was because Robert claimed there was a rape -- unless I have it all wrong, Lyanna never told anyone that she was actually raped. By Rhaegar, Brandon, Benjen, the horses, the scullery maids, whoever.

RR was not caused by the disappearance of Lyanna. It may have led to the events that caused RR, but it did not cause it. Aerys killing Brandon and Rickard and then demanding that Jon Arryn execute Robert and Ned was the cause of the rebellion.

3 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

RR was not caused by the disappearance of Lyanna. It may have led to the events that caused RR, but it did not cause it. Aerys killing Brandon and Rickard and then demanding that Jon Arryn execute Robert and Ned was the cause of the rebellion.

I appreciate the correction. I was kind of floating downstream with this thread, which is extremely silly. Next time I'll be more thoughtful about the lore.

Archived