NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

The Pop rant today about Zaza was nice to hear for all of us mad at Zaza but pretty hypocritical coming from a guy who coached Bruce Bowen for years and IIRC actually encouraged him to continue to undercut shooters.

Did Bowen actually ever injure anyone in the playoffs, or did he just use his reputation as a foot slider to intimidate jump shooters? I honestly don't remember.

Also, Bowen's shit was ABSOLUTELY horse shit too. But It wasn't as blatantly Bush League. 

Pop lays it down pretty good.

“Because he’s got this history, [people say] ‘It was inadvertent. He didn’t have intent.’ Who gives a damn about what his intent was,” Popovich said. “You ever hear of manslaughter of manslaughter? You still go to jail I think when you’re a Texan and you end up killing somebody, but you might not have intended to do that.

:rofl: 

Since we are safety first now, the NBA should have a retaliation rule:  Pop comes out and says because of Zaza's cheap shot, I'm going to send one of my generic Euro's out there to crack Steph in the head with an elbow. So Steph has to sit out the next two games. It's like in high school baseball where instead of actually throwing 4 balls for an intentional walk, you just tell the ump and the guy takes first.  No need for Steph to actually take an elbow to skull, but the effect should be the same.

I don't get why everyone thinks Thompson is such a good guy.  He's a spoiled, entitled, crybaby rich kid.  When things are going his way he talks mad amounts of shit, but as soon as they aren't he starts tearing up.

Did everyone already forget Thompson calling the NBA a "man's game" one day and then crying about a dirty screen by Mozgov the next?  That was extra ironic because the Warriors set more dirty screens and get away with them than any team in the league.  Their entire offense revolves around illegal screens.

8 minutes ago, sperry said:

Since we are safety first now, the NBA should have a retaliation rule:  Pop comes out and says because of Zaza's cheap shot, I'm going to send one of my generic Euro's out there to crack Steph in the head with an elbow. So Steph has to sit out the next two games. It's like in high school baseball where instead of actually throwing 4 balls for an intentional walk, you just tell the ump and the guy takes first.  No need for Steph to actually take an elbow to skull, but the effect should be the same.

That's the rule in MLB now. 

Just now, briantw said:

I don't get why everyone thinks Thompson is such a good guy.  He's a spoiled, entitled, crybaby rich kid.  When things are going his way he talks mad amounts of shit, but as soon as they aren't he starts tearing up.

Did everyone already forget Thompson calling the NBA a "man's game" one day and then crying about a dirty screen by Mozgov the next?  That was extra ironic because the Warriors set more dirty screens and get away with them than any team in the league.  Their entire offense revolves around illegal screens.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55431641/yoda-smell-haters-i-smell-blamejameis.jpg

/Troll them, we must

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Did Bowen actually ever injure anyone in the playoffs, or did he just use his reputation as a foot slider to intimidate jump shooters? I honestly don't remember.

Also, Bowen's shit was ABSOLUTELY horse shit too. But It wasn't as blatantly Bush League. 

Not sure about Bowen, but Robert Horry's flagrant on Steve Nash in 2007 was totally intentional. I don't know if he wanted to injure Nash or was just looking to start something; but it worked and it was garbage.

33 minutes ago, briantw said:

Hypocrisy from an NBA player about the refs enforcement of the rules?  What a monster!

Honestly, I get Cavs fans not liking the Warriors.  But if all you have is charges of hypocrisy and "his parents were rich", that's just hating.  Thompson plays hard, unselfish basketball, and gives consistent effort.  In interviews he seems like a decent guy, and he's never gotten in any trouble aside from once smoking weed in college.  That's why I would call him "likeable". 

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Hypocrisy from an NBA player about the refs enforcement of the rules?  What a monster!

Honestly, I get Cavs fans not liking the Warriors.  But if all you have is charges of hypocrisy and "his parents were rich", that's just hating.  Thompson plays hard, unselfish basketball, and gives consistent effort.  In interviews he seems like a decent guy, and he's never gotten in any trouble aside from once smoking weed in college.  That's why I would call him "likeable". 

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/031/854/1260710343244.jpg

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Continue HATIN', HATAHS. You Mad?

It's fun to watch you have to defend the other side in this thread. I have to say, I think it took at least two or three championships for the Pats to get this hated. So, way to disrupt the Getting Sportshated Through Dominance industry, Warriors.

It takes a lot for me to turn against a team from Bay Area, but they've checked a lot of boxes in the last few years. 

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

It's fun to watch you have to defend the other side in this thread. I have to say, I think it took at least two or three championships for the Pats to get this hated. So, way to disrupt the Getting Sportshated Through Dominance industry, Warriors.

It takes a lot for me to turn against a team from Bay Area, but they've checked a lot of boxes in the last few years. 

Yeah, I get it. I'm guilty of doing it to other teams, for sure. The Cowboys in the 90's, The Lakers in the early to mid 2000's, the Pats now. If they are not my team, and they dominate, I'm going to find a reason to Sportshate them.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I get it. I'm guilty of doing it to other teams, for sure. The Cowboys in the 90's, The Lakers in the early to mid 2000's, the Pats now. If they are not my team, and they dominate, I'm going to find a reason to Sportshate them.

Its easy. I for one, just don't see it in the Warriors, though. Hell, they're one of my favorite teams to watch. If you're a fan of basketball....how can't you enjoy them? I know the media tries to push the heel role, i just ain't buying it. And, since I hold no loyalty to any NBA team, it maybe is easier for me, than most. 

6 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Its easy. I for one, just don't see it in the Warriors, though. Hell, they're one of my favorite teams to watch. If you're a fan of basketball....how can't you enjoy them? I know the media tries to push the heel role, i just ain't buying it. And, since I hold no loyalty to any NBA team, it maybe is easier for me, than most. 

I get that angle too, but it's just not the way I was raised. The Cowboys of the 90's were awesome to watch. An offensive juggernaut, the likes of which is rarely seen, but they supplanted my Niners, so fuck them. ;)

2 hours ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

You can clearly see that zaza didn't mean to do that. Having said that there is no way the spurs would have lost if Kawhi didn't get injured.

I honestly don't see it.  

He is not closing that fast and he is barely jumping.  His left foot is actually on the ground, safely away from Kawhi when Kawhi shoots it.  Then as he is turning away, he takes another step and extends his leg right underneath Kawhi.  As Pop said it does not look like a natural move.  I know these type of injuries happen my mistake, but this looks very shady to me.

Archived