NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

16 minutes ago, sperry said:

Yeah, they work for the shoe companies. Underrated in the whole KD from OKC split were Nike and Jay Z's role in the whole deal. Still think if Durant had his druthers he would have stayed in OKC, it was his posse, Nike, and Jay Z who were all putting the pressure on him to leave.

He had 99 problems and the switch was one?

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

In exchange for Melo, Porziņģis, Dolan and Jackson, you'd get Steve Ballmer.

Done and done and done. And ten times done. Get it done, Get 'er done. Done. 

Random aside - I got nothing against the Ball kid, but his father is a douchefucker and i would laugh my ass off if Magic and the Lakers passed on him with the number 2 pick. 

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Haha, and just like last year, I'm predicting a game one upset. Celtics win by 8. 

Wouldn't surprise me.  If the Cavs lose game one, though, I think they win four straight.  Two days of the media blowing the Celtics is about all I think LeBron will allow.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's been awhile, but IIRC the likely trade scenarios that were floated about (although unconfirmed) were either both picks or one of the picks, Crowder and two of the three between Bradley, Smart and Brown. Both of those deals sound terrible to acquire George or Butler.

For what it's worth, I agree entirely with this assessment. And those are the same trade terms I heard bandied about too. 

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

Going to be tough for the Celtics if they can't defend or rebound.

The threes aren't falling either. Wait till Isaiah starts taking the secret magical free throws the league gifts him to manufacture his stardom, tho.

15 hours ago, briantw said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  If the Cavs lose game one, though, I think they win four straight.  Two days of the media blowing the Celtics is about all I think LeBron will allow.

Well I got that wrong. The Celtics are so over matched. I still think they'll win a game though. 

15 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

For what it's worth, I agree entirely with this assessment. And those are the same trade terms I heard bandied about too. 

I'll add one caveat, I would absolutely trade the two picks for George if he'd agree to a sign and trade. 

Holy ****, I can't believe what I just heard on the radio about LeBron:

1. He's the same size as Karl Malone

2. His PER with a weeks rest is over 42

3. He's the only guy in NBA history to be faster at 30 than he was at 25 (since they started measuring this)

4. He's averaging 35/10/8 on 55% shooting in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Holy ****, I can't believe what I just heard on the radio about LeBron:

1. He's the same size as Karl Malone

2. His PER with a weeks rest is over 42

3. He's the only guy in NBA history to be faster at 30 than he was at 25 (since they started measuring this)

4. He's averaging 35/10/8 on 55% shooting in the playoffs. 

How is that measured?

Archived