NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Game is early, but it looks like Brothers is trying to be the Celtics' MVP tonight.  The NBA has a habit of sending him to games when they want to extend a series.  Doubt it will be enough, though.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

Man, something that's evident now is that Cleveland is really strong; maybe stronger than ever.  That mid-season lull plus the second seed might have made it seem like they had issues, but they don't.  Feels like there's no way they don't sweep and head into the finals unbeaten.  Just a question of whether Golden State does the same.

At this point I hope both teams go unbeaten, seeing as how these games have been so lopsided. It will be really interesting to see how these teams deal with an actual loss or even just some solid competition.

53 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

At this point I hope both teams go unbeaten, seeing as how these games have been so lopsided. It will be really interesting to see how these teams deal with an actual loss or even just some solid competition.

Injure the other team's star player?:leaving:

2 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Injure the other team's star player?:leaving:

OUCH. I sure as hell don't want to see that happen to either side. I hope Kawhi is healthy enough to play tomorrow and to play well.

/And that's a really fair point, as the Warrior's were getting slapped before Kawhi was injured.

Cavs have to be the favorites at this point.

Also, if we end up with the double sweep, which seems likely, there is a 9 day break before the first finals game. I mean I guess they can try to set up some Super Bowl style events, but still, what a terrible schedule.

9 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Yes, and this could sort of be a salvo to an otherwise boring playoff season.  The finals might be epic.  

I did want to just say props to Boston for rebounding from that shitty start to make the finals.  But man, was it worth it?  They have been made to look like the 11th best team from the East in these first two games against Cleveland.  

Yeah, this has been an absolute embarrassment. Most lopsided ECF blowout ever, and in their own house.  

Archived