NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

45 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Stephen was hurt, forgot about that. 

I still remember the injury report.

S. Curry (shook) - Questionable

span data-node-flag="true">a:lol:

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Klay Thompson can stone Kyrie. The same can't be said the other way around. That said, I think you're right that Irving is key. When he's hot (like in Game 7 of last year's Finals) then the Cavs are really hard to beat.

Off-topic a bit, but, I think Klay will be the one to go when comes down to keeping 3 of them. Or, Draymond and Klay will have to take a pay cut to keep those 4 together. I think Klay can carry a team to the playoffs. He gets lost on this team a bit, but he is still a great player.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kinda sorta. When the big 4 for the Warrior's are all on the court, one or two are going to be able to exploit a mismatch to some degree.

True, cause Kyrie is so bad at defense.

1 minute ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

And Love. So, while I can see certain lineups giving GS fits on O, Cavs offense will be what ultimately decides how well they play.

Love can guard Draymond. Not well, but he can guard him.

2 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Really? I think Draymond could do whatever he wants to Love, th.

The fact that Draymond can't just pull up from 25 if Love backs off him a little bit is the saving grace. Still not a great matchup though. They may put Thompson on Green and Love on Zaza/Javale, but I'd rather have Thompson closer to the rim.

54 minutes ago, sperry said:

The fact that Draymond can't just pull up from 25 if Love backs off him a little bit is the saving grace. Still not a great matchup though. They may put Thompson on Green and Love on Zaza/Javale, but I'd rather have Thompson closer to the rim.

I agree with that. Only thing that concerns me Thompson on Green, is that Draymond has an immense arsenal. I think he could exploit. Thompson just the same. I think Manhole is right, Green could very well be key for the Dubs to take th finals. A lot like how Uncle Drew's performance could be deciding factor for the Cavs. As any fan of the history of the game. Superstars get you to finals, but its the roll players that ultimately win them for you. Imagine Jordan with the likes Paxson, Kerr, Armstrong and a host of others. They ultimately swing momentum and come up with big shots when needed.

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

@Manhole Eunuchsbane, again, do you see Thompson staying when contracts roll around again? Or, do you expect someone else to leave town?

Not sure what's going to happen there. I don't see how they can possibly manage to keep all 4 of their stars long term. Warrior's management has been making noises that they are willing to take a deep luxury hit. Given the fact that they are moving into a brand new facility in San Francisco in 2019, maybe they can take that hit. It seems kind of pie-in-the-sky to me. I guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I agree with that. Only thing that concerns me Thompson on Green, is that Draymond has an immense arsenal. I think he could exploit. Thompson just the same. I think Manhole is right, Green could very well be key for the Dubs to take th finals. A lot like how Uncle Drew's performance could be deciding factor for the Cavs. As any fan of the history of the game. Superstars get you to finals, but its the roll players that ultimately win them for you. Imagine Jordan with the likes Paxson, Kerr, Armstrong and a host of others. They ultimately swing momentum and come up with big shots when needed.

Yeah, Green really is the heart of this team's defense. If he loses his head like he did last year, I don't see how the Warrior's slow this Cav's offense. 

Another advantage I think the Warrior's have is versatility off the bench. Between Iguodala, McGee, Livingston, West and Ian Clark, they have a ton of options. I probably haven't seen enough of the Cavs to make an informed take here, but I don't think they have nearly as much talent on their bench. 

15 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Surely they're not better with Isaiah Thomas gone, right?

He is an enormous defensive liablity in this series, but his replacement is Smart who has no offensive game.

Archived