NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Well, that happened. I guess. This Finals better CRUSH FUCKING ASS, cause this postseason has been entirely forgettable thus far.

you can thank you boy Zaza for that

7 hours ago, Relic said:

you can thank you boy Zaza for that

That certainly didn't help, but you can't put the whole anemic postseason on that one act. He ruined that series, for sure. Outside of Bulls/Celts and Wiz/Celts was their another series worth watching. I heard Game 4 of the Grizz/Spurs was good, but outside of that, I've only managed to catch a few games that were really worth watching. Game 3 of Cavs/Celts, and probably 2 games in the Wiz/Celts series.   

That certainly didn't help, but you can't put the whole anemic postseason on that one act. He ruined that series, for sure. Outside of Bulls/Celts and Wiz/Celts was their another series worth watching. I heard Game 4 of the Grizz/Spurs was good, but outside of that, I've only managed to catch a few games that were really worth watching. Game 3 of Cavs/Celts, and probably 2 games in the Wiz/Celts series.   

I think it gets magnified because one of the knocks on the Warriors over the last two seasons was "you dodged the Spurs." 

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think it gets magnified because one of the knocks on the Warriors over the last two seasons was "you dodged the Spurs." 

They didn't dodge the Spurs this season. They messed up their stars ankle, then went through them like shit through a goose. ;)

And hell, they didn't dodge them the last 2 seasons. They couldn't beat OKC one year, and then the Clips the year before that. You can't blame the Warrior's for the Spur's shortcomings. You play who's in front of you. 

Very disappointed to see yet another Lebron V GS Finals. 

With this setting I have no choice but to root for Lebron to win due to the majority of the oddsmakers picking GS to win. Slightly ludicrous that the narrative will be Cleveland as underdogs.

Article ranking players in importance to this Finals matchup- http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavs-warriors-iii-ranking-every-player-in-the-2017-nba-finals-by-importance/

If you want to know that Channing Frye had a Tauren Hunter on WoW with a pet called "Dick Puncher, if you  miss the NBA theme song from the 90s, or if you want to know what Kyrie thinks about retiring at 30 to start a commune you really need to listen to the Road Trippin' podcast. 

6 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Very disappointed to see yet another Lebron V GS Finals. 

With this setting I have no choice but to root for Lebron to win due to the majority of the oddsmakers picking GS to win. Slightly ludicrous that the narrative will be Cleveland as underdogs.

Article ranking players in importance to this Finals matchup- http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavs-warriors-iii-ranking-every-player-in-the-2017-nba-finals-by-importance/

I'm torn between wanting to see a tightly contested, well played Finals that goes 6-7 games, or just seeing the Warriors dismantle this Cavs team. I do think that they are fairly evenly matched, so I'm not sure the 2nd option is really even viable. I guess I'll hope for the first option. I hope this thread is really active during the Finals. I enjoy it when all of us get together here and bitch and moan and throw out commentary and what not.

10 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Emblid only played 31 games, no way would I give it to him.

I like the case made for Brogdon here- http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder?ls=nba:specialsfull4

Yeah, I like that kid as well. Haven't seen enough of his game to make an educated take, but I'd be cool with that.

On the "yet another reason to sportshate LeBron" topic, Micheal Rapaport brings back a classic that I had almost forgot. In the middle of the Summer Olympics, when all the where's Durant going to go controversy is going on, and the U.S. Olympic Basketball team is taking up all the press, he calls up Sports Illustrated, demands to be on the cover and then does the Sitdown Sunday conversation on the Olympics and basically has nothing to say. What the fuck was that? Starts at about the 33 minute mark.

I'd be mad at him two if he did what he did to your team to my team last year.  We get to watch our teams lose all the time.  We don't get to watch them lose historically all that often.

Well, Cleveland fans do, I guess, but we're used to it.

24 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'd be mad at him two if he did what he did to your team to my team last year.  We get to watch our teams lose all the time.  We don't get to watch them lose historically all that often.

Well, Cleveland fans do, I guess, but we're used to it.

You ain't kidding.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/825240-17-saddest-moments-in-cleveland-sports-history

/Not worried about what happened last season. This is the rubber match, baby. Best 2 out of 3, and the Warriors will come out on top.

Best 2 out of 3, and the Warriors will come out on top.

They will forever be the team that choked on LeBron's nuts,  tbh. And the previous year they were the team that almost lost to a Cavs team without two of their top 3 dudes. And if they win this year it's because the second best player in the league had to come over and help Steph out. 

8 hours ago, Relic said:

They will forever be the team that choked on LeBron's nuts,  tbh. And the previous year they were the team that almost lost to a Cavs team without two of their top 3 dudes. And if they win this year it's because the second best player in the league had to come over and help Steph out. 

Okay, now we're just revising history here. The year before last they knocked them out in 6, in their house. Yes, the Cavs were severely hobbled, but they did not "almost lose" to them.

Look, I have nothing but respect for the way LeBron played in both of these series. He was the practical MVP pick in both of them. He is an absolute monster when his back is to the wall, he's earned that respect.

All this opinion being thrown around will either be proven or disproven during this series. We get a true rubber match here. Best 2 out of 3 takes it. This one gets decided on the court. 

Archived