NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

This one gets decided on the court. 

It actually got decided in the off season with a lucrative contract. This is BY FAR the least exciting of the last three Finals. The result is pretty much a forgone conclusion, barring a legendary LeBronian feat. Sort of what happens when you add the second best player in the galaxy to your 72 win roster.  

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

It actually got decided in the off season with a lucrative contract. This is BY FAR the least exciting of the last three Finals. The result is pretty much a forgone conclusion, barring a legendary LeBronian feat. Sort of what happens when you add the second best player in the galaxy to your 72 win roster.  

Oh, okay. I see. The Warrior's are supposed to win, so the whole thing doesn't count, right? Poor little LeBron is going to be cheated out of another ring. Give me a break.

Poor little LeBron is going to be cheated out of another ring. 

Your words, not mine. But you can't call it a rubber match. 

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

Your words, not mine. But you can't call it a rubber match. 

The Warriors are playing by the same rules as the Cavs are. Did the Cavs take a run at Durant? Did the Cavs stand pat and not add to their roster this season? C'mon. This is straight up apologetic excuse making for your Golden God. 

The Warriors have an insane line-up, no doubt. They have been the biggest benefactor of Free Agent migration since the Cav's got LeBron back. Do you see all the other Eastern Conference teams bitching and moaning about the juggernaut that Cleveland has put together? 

I'm a LeBron hater. I own it, and many of you guys have accurately identified me as such. That said, by the same metric you are drinking the Haterade when it comes to the Warriors. Welcome aboard the Hate Train, Relic. Join me in the Bar Car and I'll buy you a beer. I'm even willing to spring for foreign or a nice high end micro-brew. ;)  

I still say any team with Lebron and Irving has a chance, this series is anything but a foregone conclusion imo. GS may have a big 4 but only one guy can shoot at a time so theres no guarantee they can take down the World Champion Cavaliers!

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I still say any team with Lebron and Irving has a chance, this series is anything but a foregone conclusion imo. GS may have a big 4 but only one guy can shoot at a time so theres no guarantee they can take down the World Champion Cavaliers!

Absolutely. The Warriors certainly have an advantage, but the Cavs are a superteam of the like that is rarely seen. I think it's fair to say that James, Irving, Love and Thompson comprise a Big 4 of their own that is only 2nd to the Warriors by a small margin. The only reason I'm as confident as I am is that the Warriors are very healthy (outside of Iguodala's knee) and it seems to me that Durant and Curry have found the sort of chemistry that was lacking during the regular season. All shit talking aside, I hope this series is a classic. We deserve a really entertaining series after this boring postseason.

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

. I think it's fair to say that James, Irving, Love and Thompson comprise a Big 4 of their own that is only 2nd to the Warriors by a small margin. 

Uh huh. So last year's Cavs team was more talented than the Warriors? 

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Uh huh. So last year's Cavs team was more talented than the Warriors? 

No, but this is not last season's Cavs team. They added Korver and Channing Frye, right? They even picked up Bogut at one point. Obviously they are still not as talented as the Warriors, but do you really want to cry about it? You want to make excuses for the best player in the NBA?

No, but this is not last season's Cavs team. They added Korver and Channing Frye, right? They even picked up Bogut at one point. Obviously they are still not as talented as the Warriors, but do you really want to cry about it? You want to make excuses for the best player in the NBA?

Uhhhhh, yeah. W/e. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Uhhhhh, yeah. W/e. 

Just to clarify, this is a big part of why I was against the idea of Durant coming to the Warrior's. This is an unstoppable Dream Team that is expected to just wipe the floor with any and all competition. So nothing they accomplish means anything. And all of you LeBron sack lickers will just make excuses for him when he becomes the next victim. I've made my case as best as I can, so I'm going to turn the floor over to Jason Mewes for closing arguments...

In any case, I'm excited for this Finals series.

I think it will be close, and well as good as Golden State has been, they simply have not been tested yet this playoffs series at all.

Portland was their toughest opponent so far. At the same time the Cavs have also strolled through. So who knows how it will all play out? LeBron is in great form, Love is doing fine, Irving to me is a truly excellent player and as good as Curry. Frye and Korver are excellent shooters. I'm tempted to put some money on the Cavs actually, but I don't love the odds.

This is not a foregone conclusion. This should go 7.  The Warriors have absolutely seen diminishing marginal returns from adding Durant. The shots he takes come from somebody else, and adding KD came at the cost of losing Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut. This team didn't perform any better than last year's version. The primary effect it had was neutering their best competitor in the west. Then they neutered the new best competition in the West by goon squading their best player. Meanwhile, this year's Cavs team is better than last years. This should an epic on the court finals. I think it's a coin flip.

I think its going to come down to the GS offense and how well they are hitting their shots. I think they win as long as their offense is somewhere near its A game.
If it turns into an ugly, bully brawl type affair that will favor the Cavs.

Prediction - Cavs in 7. Like 3 overtime games.

The thing is, the Cavs actually shot more 3s and at a higher percentage than the Warriors. The Cavs are the only team in the league this year that can win a shootout with the Cavs. They're also much better prepared to play bully ball.

That's what I mean Cavs can still dominate games when shots aren't falling. I havent seen much of that from the Warriors, if their offense is cold(which is rare) then they better get ZaZa to take somebody out of commission or Draymond to start kicking people in the nuts.

Archived