NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

12 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That would make him an even bigger asshole than I think he is.

That's only cuz you're a hater. If the theory is true, it would be a pretty wise move on LeBron's part. 

Anyway, these playoffs are just the absolute worst. 90% garbage games, 90% snoozefest. NBA might have a problem on its hands if they can't bring a more exciting product to the table next year. 

Also, they should have given Zaza an MVP trophy at the end of last night's game. 

I just want to reiterate how disappointing it is that Leonard got hurt.  Not that I think they would have won the series, but it would have been worth watching at least.  The Basketball gods seem determined to make sure nothing gets in the way of the preferred NBA Finals. 

17 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I just want to reiterate how disappointing it is that Leonard got hurt.  Not that I think they would have won the series, but it would have been worth watching at least.  The Basketball gods seem determined to make sure nothing gets in the way of the preferred NBA Finals. 

ZaZa caused tens of millions of dollars in actual revenue loss to ESPN, the NBA, the Warriors/Spurs and just league brand equity.  And he didn't even get a slap on the wrist. What a fucking joke.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Yeah, this has to be the hollowest WCF win in like ever. Doesn't feel like anything to celebrate, really. The high point of the whole series was the crowd in San Antonio showing Ginobli so much love last night.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

That's only cuz you're a hater. If the theory is true, it would be a pretty wise move on LeBron's part. 

Wise move? Letting a team up off the floor in a conference finals is a wise move? Throwing a game to wake up your teammates is an asshole move. I'm not saying that's what he did (in fact, I really doubt he could be that stupid), but if that was his intent, it sure as hell boomeranged on him, didn't it?

I highly doubt that LeBron threw the game. He just didn't look right. He wasn't getting a lot of lift on his shots and when he went up for contested rebounds. I think it makes a lot more sense to guess that he was either under the weather, nursing a minor injury or both. 

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Wise move? Letting a team up off the floor in a conference finals is a wise move? Throwing a game to wake up your teammates is an asshole move. I'm not saying that's what he did (in fact, I really doubt he could be that stupid), but if that was his intent, it sure as hell boomeranged on him, didn't it?

How did it boomerang on him?  If his goal was to play like crap to wake up his team and the Celtics won as a result, I think it had the exact effect he intended it to.  I doubt LeBron cares if they have to play five games instead of four.  Toronto took them to six last year and it didn't end up mattering.  He's going to have almost a week of rest regardless, and now his team gets to go into the Finals comfortably the underdogs (which means people will be giving him bulletin board material), which I am sure is what he would prefer.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:12 PM, sperry said:

Thanks, that line was just way out of whack. I don't think any NBA team should ever be a 14-1 underdog, much less the #1 seed with a great coach and their backs against the wall in a playoff series.

Well, the Celtics are -1200 tonight, which is pretty crazy for a team down 2-1 and playing for the opportunity to take back home court. 

@sperry, you taking that action again?  I do think the Celtics have a better than 12-1 chance, if for no other reason than maybe Lebron is still hurt/sick.  Not that I would pick Boston or anything, I'm totally expecting a blowout, but a 12-1 line is still really high, and the Cavaliers are very capable of putting up another stinker. 

1 hour ago, briantw said:

How did it boomerang on him?  If his goal was to play like crap to wake up his team and the Celtics won as a result, I think it had the exact effect he intended it to.  I doubt LeBron cares if they have to play five games instead of four.  Toronto took them to six last year and it didn't end up mattering.  He's going to have almost a week of rest regardless, and now his team gets to go into the Finals comfortably the underdogs (which means people will be giving him bulletin board material), which I am sure is what he would prefer.

Eh, if a key piece gets injured in Game 5 I bet you'll have a different take.

/You never let your foot off the neck of a defeated opponent. Nothing good can come of it.

21 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That would make him an even bigger asshole than I think he is.

What makes you think he's an asshole, besides the fact that he beat your team in the finals? He made a stupid move with the decision, I agree, but he's hardly a asshole. He does a lot if great things off the court for underprivileged children, ffs he has even built a freakin school. Never been in trouble, not once. I mean he know how to get Steph all shook up, but he's hardly a asshole. You need to stop drinking that haterade.

5 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

What makes you think he's an asshole, besides the fact that he beat your team in the finals? He made a stupid move with the decision, I agree, but he's hardly a asshole. He does a lot if great things off the court for underprivileged children, ffs he has even built a freakin school. Never been in trouble, not once. I mean he know how to get Steph all shook up, but he's hardly a asshole. You need to stop drinking that haterade.

The aforemention "Decision" is the biggest reason. Simply insufferable level of ego on display there.

Then there's this...

LeBron%20Phantom%20Flop_zpsfpixgn9i.gif

And then this...

LeBron%20Force%20Push_zpsktkgsfhr.gif

And it will be a cold day in hell before I forgive him for this...

LeBron%20fierce_zps717ynfxy.gif

/But yeah, outside of all that, I'm sure he's a swell fellow.

LeBron does seem like a pretty good guy overall. The only two things I can think of that he ever did wrong were the ways he left Cleveland and Miami. He could have given Gilbert and Riley a heads up, and not have made Riley fly out to a sham meeting in Las Vegas. 

Archived