Manhole Eunuchsbane

NBA Playoffs 2017: Kawhi Did You Injure Me?

411 posts in this topic

It's certainly the best offensive team LeBron has ever had.  I believe they are currently the team holding the best playoff offensive efficiency in league history.  His Miami teams were a lot better defensively, especially early on before Wade started to fall off.

It's also a complete disaster for the NBA if Golden State blows out the Cavs. They lucked into compelling storylines during the regular season because of the transcendent performances of Harden and Russ, but the regular season was awful overall. This is the worst playoffs I can ever remember, and unless Boston adds a star, you're looking at another horrible regular season and playoffs next year.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

It's also a complete disaster for the NBA if Golden State blows out the Cavs. They lucked into compelling storylines during the regular season because of the transcendent performances of Harden and Russ, but the regular season was awful overall. This is the worst playoffs I can ever remember, and unless Boston adds a star, you're looking at another horrible regular season and playoffs next year.

Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge, I suspect this is just the beginning. They will have a good to great team in 2-3 years. When James inevitably starts to wane I suspect the Celticss will be a perennial power. I think Gordan Hayward to be the perfect fit.

There is some irony to the Spurs falling victim to a Bruce Bowen Special.

22 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge, I suspect this is just the beginning. They will have a good to great team in 2-3 years. When James inevitably starts to wane I suspect the Celticss will be a perennial power. I think Gordan Hayward to be the perfect fit.

Celtics have a ton of assets, but I think they're so talent deficient at the moment that it's hard to project where they'll end up. I don't think they have a single anchor piece, in a league where you need minimum 3. If they can add Hayward and Fultz is a star, they're looking great, but neither of those is a given.

10 minutes ago, sperry said:

Celtics have a ton of assets, but I think they're so talent deficient at the moment that it's hard to project where they'll end up. I don't think they have a single anchor piece, in a league where you need minimum 3. If they can add Hayward and Fultz is a star, they're looking great, but neither of those is a given.

The can still probably run the East for a while on what they have. I don't know how all the young talent keeps ending up in the West.

7 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

The can still probably run the East for a while on what they have. I don't know how all the young talent keeps ending up in the West.

It's not really the young talent that is consolidated in the west, it's the in their prime superstars.

The younger guys are  pretty well dispersed, with Embiid, Porzingis, and Giannis all in the eastern conference. But those guys are likely 2-3 years away from contending.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, sperry said:

It's not really the young talent that is consolidated in the west, it's the in their prime superstars.

The younger guys are  pretty well dispersed, with Embiid, Porzingis, and Giannis all in the eastern conference. But those guys are likely 2-3 years away from contending.

Maybe, I was thinking more along the lines of KAT and AD. I don't think any of those guys have proven they can put up superstar numbers. Embiid needs to play at least one season before hes legit. Kristaps has gobs of potential but still a lot of weaknesses, and plus I think he'll have to leave NY if he ever wants to be a factor in the win column. Giannis is weird, he for sure became a superstar this year. but making the Bucks a contender is probably just as hard or harder than making Cleveland a contender.

Edited by DunderMifflin

1 hour ago, sperry said:

I think Avery Bradley, IT and Horford make for a solid nucleus. You add Gordon Hayward and a #1 pick to that, and you're off to a pretty good start. They probably need some meat for the middle, but that's not hard to find. 

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think Avery Bradley, IT and Horford make for a solid nucleus. You add Gordon Hayward and a #1 pick to that, and you're off to a pretty good start. They probably need some meat for the middle, but that's not hard to find. 

Horford is a complete albatross on the Celtics neck. That contract is an absolute disaster. IT will be a disaster on the contract somebody is going to pay him. Bradley is the only on eof the 3 I like.

Horford's contract is definitely awful.  It was especially awful when you consider that Horford sucks against Love and Thompson, who happen to be on the team the East goes through for the foreseeable future.