U.S. Politics: Comey, Comey, Comey, Comey, Comey Chameleon

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Wanna be depressed? https://apnews.com/780cc65e99354b00877c870acf2cdaf0

On plus side, its not all Trump voters who are like this. But an awful lot are.

Politics is a team sport, we live in a country where millions of people enthusiastically went to war to defend their political team rather than change teams or admit their team was in the wrong.

If people are willing to die for their political team for reasons as noxious as ensuring the right of rich white people to own black people then nothing trump does is noxious enough to cause anyone to quit his team--ever.

patriots fans still love Tom Brady even if he cheated.

Well, not sure whether this one had been mentioned, yet.

But this one adds a new layer of hillarity or outrage to the Trump Russia thing. And I'd like to tell a joke, since we are all family and nothing gets leaked.

What's the difference between the GOP and the Mafia. The Mafia takes the omerta seriously.

Ha, ha, ha. All in good fun, right?

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

If only this forum had a pony queen...................

Hey, what happened to our Pony Queen Jace?  Now that you mention it  

49 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Count yourself lucky. I share a birthday with none other than Mango Mussolini himself. :( 

My b/d date is also the same as a little conflagration in Waco, Tx and then a bit of nasty business in Oklahoma City.   Oh, and Smokey The Bear. 

Just now, Nasty LongRider said:

My b/d date is also the same as a little conflagration in Waco, Tx and then a bit of nasty business in Oklahoma City.   Oh, and Smokey The Bear. 

Only you can prevent the feds from firebombing children and then inspiring Right-Wing nutjobs to bomb federal buildings...

59 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

I really really hate the democrat tendency to calm trump a toddler. He behaves absolutely nothing like a toddler, as anyone who has encountered a toddler would know. 

So this article encompasses almost everything I've been thinking for the past few months.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/18/15654566/trump-toddler

It's still the behavior of over-indulged babies -- because they can get away with it.  Such public displays used to be confined to the heads of movie studios and rock stars and other pop / entertainment figures.  But in the 80's it began spreading out of Hollywood, and we saw it hit the finance and law firms, and D.C. with Reagan's people, like Atwater. Now it's white guys everywhere who all believe himself to be the smartest person in the room, no matter how much every word out of his mouth and his every action proves he's the dullest knife in the drawer.

40 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Has the WH ever been honest about anything?

Nothing new here. It was pretty obvious the moment Trump said that he had predetermined to fire Comey that the whole thing was a sham.  

50 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Unexpected. Also, he's 75 years old. Where is the younger generation?

Yah, excuse me for being cynical but I view this as an attempt to palm off a candidate who very likely won't be completing even half of a 10 year term. They probably want him there for two years, until the heat passes, and then they'll replace him with some right wing buddy-buddy.

I actually read something that the FBI head had never been a career politician.  I was surprised by this.  I suppose it would therefore make sense that after Trump put so many non-politicians in political jobs that he fills the FBI post with a politician.

Archived