Rothfuss XIII: Fan Angst Live Stream

Myrddin

I don't really care when or if it gets published, tbh. They were perfectly readable books on par with eating candy for dinner. I like Pat a lot, I remember when he was a semi regular poster, and there's lots of fun stuff in there. But Kvothe is a little too much for me. He's a gypsy and he's a talented fighter and he's a genius and he's the best at magic and he's a top level musician and a conman and he outfucks the fairies and he joins a vaguely Scandinavian elite ninja squad. His one major flaw? He's a ginger and not considered handsome (though somehow still manages to be up to his ears in the poon) It gets a little eyerolly in that regard. It's not as relatable that he's so unreachably good at so many things. If/when it comes out I will read it, but I'm in no rush at all.

In the olden times of EZboard he was one of us. As were many young nerds who grew to be celebrated authors in their own right. It was a magical age when this was a board full almost exclusively of people who were into fantasy novels and books in general, not HBO subscribers. There was also a time several years back (but on this iteration of the board) when R Scott Bakker defended himself in a thread about his series and feminism by pretending to be just another fan joining the discussion and of the mind that Baker's works are very feminist. It has been my sacred duty ever since to ensure knowledge of this hilarious gaffe is not lost.

1 hour ago, Kelli Fury said:

In the olden times of EZboard he was one of us. As were many young nerds who grew to be celebrated authors in their own right. It was a magical age when this was a board full almost exclusively of people who were into fantasy novels and books in general, not HBO subscribers. There was also a time several years back (but on this iteration of the board) when R Scott Bakker defended himself in a thread about his series and feminism by pretending to be just another fan joining the discussion and of the mind that Baker's works are very feminist. It has been my sacred duty ever since to ensure knowledge of this hilarious gaffe is not lost.

Oh, I'm WELL aware of THAT.

8 hours ago, Kelli Fury said:

To be fair to him, he came back to this board to answer all sorts of questions after the release of The Great Ordeal last year.

Was quite informative and fun to read.

9 hours ago, Kelli Fury said:

What was Pat's handle?  I didn't realize he was a boarder before he was a big time fantasy author.

Every time this thread gets bumped I am filled with a foolish hope that something has happened, and inevitably cast back into despair. 

15 hours ago, Kelli Fury said:

There was also a time several years back (but on this iteration of the board) when R Scott Bakker defended himself in a thread about his series and feminism by pretending to be just another fan joining the discussion and of the mind that Baker's works are very feminist. It has been my sacred duty ever since to ensure knowledge of this hilarious gaffe is not lost.

That is amazing :lol: 

Pat150 was the blogger that runs Pat's Fantasy Hotlist, he now posts as Lord Patrek, and was one of the first bloggers talking about how great tNotW was.  He also had an early interview with Rothfuss that I believe had the first discussion of the trilogy being completed.  I don't recall Rothfuss ever posting here other than that ama, and there was zero discussion about him being a poster here when tNotW was released.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Pat150 was the blogger that runs Pat's Fantasy Hotlist, he now posts as Lord Patrek, and was one of the first bloggers talking about how great tNotW was.  He also had an early interview with Rothfuss that I believe had the first discussion of the trilogy being completed.  I don't recall Rothfuss ever posting here other than that ama, and there was zero discussion about him being a poster here when tNotW was released.

I was thinking someone had mixed up there Pats.

20 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I really had no idea he posted here before his explosion onto the SpecFic scene.  No wonder he wanted to hang out and have drinks with BWB folks in Montreal.

I'm not sure he did post here. See above about confusing our Pat with Pat R. 

Archived