Rothfuss XIII: Fan Angst Live Stream

Myrddin

8 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Does he sail directly? If I remember correctly on the way to Sevren he says he was shipwrecked off Junpui and then traveled overland for at least part of the journey after that. I don't remember anything about the return journey post-Ademre though. 

Coming back to the University.  He sails and has no problems.  

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Another thought "Ciradat" and "Ciridae" seem rather similar.  I wonder if that is significant?

I always equated the Ciridae with a seneschal in terms of powers and responsibilities(justice, territorial administration) so I'm viewing those three Ciridat as vestiges of administrative territories formerly governed by Ciridae. It looks like they are all associated with Atur based on their shading on the map.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

I always equated the Ciridae with a seneschal in terms of powers and responsibilities(justice, territorial administration) so I'm viewing those three Ciridat as vestiges of administrative territories formerly governed by Ciridae. It looks like they are all associated with Atur based on their shading on the map.

Makes sense.  I hope we see soon.

• 2 weeks later...

He does sound so unhappy you really feel sorry for the guy, but then he goes and says things like:

But if you can help, you should help. And if you should help and you don’t help, you’re an asshole.

And I’m constantly trying to find that line in my life between taking care of myself and taking care of the world. And I’m bad at it so far.

His story is pretty common, if you think about it. Fame and fortune doesn't bring happiness. 

And I admire his passion for causes. He is just too honest for print. :)

I seem to have completely forgotten about everything that happened in The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear (other than there being a crap dragon on drugs and Kvothe has sex with two ninjas whilst having trouble paying off his student loan). I can't remember anything that they could make a decent prequel out of, because the worldbuilding bordered on the non-existent.

Sometimes when I'm closing down the bar at 2am, listlessly cleaning our liquor bottles, I daydream that in a past life I was a totally badass guitar player in college who was taught my boundless sexual prowess by an ultra sexy professor. Also, that one time I ran from an overly territorial poodle, it was actually a dragon. I need to get to writing my autobiography. It's gonna sell like hotcakes.

48 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I seem to have completely forgotten about everything that happened in The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear (other than there being a crap dragon on drugs and Kvothe has sex with two ninjas whilst having trouble paying off his student loan). I can't remember anything that they could make a decent prequel out of, because the worldbuilding bordered on the non-existent.

Kvothe's parents adventures as Edema Ruh.  Kvothe's dad wooing his mom.  Maybe the story of Elodin's tenure as the Chancellor of the University?

Hopefully it deals with the Chandrian and the Amyr.

Not by any means a spoiler, since nobody knows, but hypothesizing and using spoiler tags in case fellow boarders don't want the thought put in their head . . .

Spoiler

Speaking of the Edema Ruh, I find the similarities in pronunciation of that and the Ademre much too similar to be coincidence. Wondering if Rothfuss used the Aiel and Tinkers as inspiration.

14 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The Prequel series will follow Kvothe's parents and their adventures, I presume?

It follows the journey of the charming young Ambrose as he tries to convince his domineering father to send him to the University. Hijinks ensue. 

Or it's actually the story of drifter/serial killer Deena who aimlessly drifts through the world leaving a trail of murdered would-be suitors in her wake. 

"A pair of wandering performers on their adventures."

His parents then, starting with pops stealing his mom away from her noble family (Kvothe is a Lackless confirmed). His parents will no doubt coincidentally be in town when other important things are happening. They'll witness Illodin becoming the youngest chancellor ever and travel back in time to the fall of Mir Tariniel or however you spell that and probably help Jax steal the moon or something. :P 

Archived