Rothfuss XIII: Fan Angst Live Stream

Myrddin

On 12/13/2017 at 3:09 AM, Ninefingers said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm mystified why people buy things like this. But then again, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I buy that causes others to scratch their heads. 

I considered buying it just for the illustrations, but the copy I was browsing at the bookstore didn't have any. It had a map but that was it.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, Triskele said:

So let me make sure that I understand:

If someone actually gets through the task of writing a publishable book in this genre and they (usually) need to sign with a publisher for a chance at commercial success there's a very solid chance that they could have to go with something like that as the cover and, if they want to get published, there's almost fuck all that they can do?

Do people understand this when they set out to write?

As small presses can be more flexible in this department, I got quite lucky.

Basically, the publisher asked me for three examples of covers I liked, and for three ideas for a cover scene, whereupon the designer went away and came up with something. It's more input than you'd get with the Big Five.

• 1 month later...

Yeah and you would be surprised what some authors think of their covers. Glen Cook hated all the covers for The Black Company re issues.

For the reissues? The omnibuses? Those covers are decent. The original covers were pretty bollocks, even by 1980s Tor standards.

6 hours ago, TheRevanchist said:

Nah, all the movie will be shot, but only 2/3 of it will be released.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

It's already been shot, unfortunately it's being held up in editing and reshoots. 

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Which is only about 6+ years per movie. Just need to be patient.

You guys do not disappoint.  :lmao:

14 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

The movie just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/29/sam-raimi-to-direct-kingkiller-chronicles

I'll be honest, after "Spider-Man 3: How Many Villians can we Cram in One Film"?  I'm not all that excited about Raimi directing.  

4 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

It's already been shot, unfortunately it's being held up in editing and reshoots. 

At some point there will no doubt be a poll asking if we would rather have them release the video game first or the movie

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I'll be honest, after "Spider-Man 3: How Many Villians can we Cram in One Film"?  I'm not all that excited about Raimi directing.  

In the case of Sam Raimi it was more like this:

Sam: Okay, I have this big story about revenge and forgiveness all set up.

Executives: We want Venom and Gwen Stacy in this movie.

Sam: Wait, what? That makes no sense.

Executives: I'm sorry, is 100 million dollars not enough for you! We had this conversation.

Sam: I hate venom and I had Mary Jane the entire time.

Executives: Just do it.

Sam: *inserts them and makes almost no changes to his film*

Archived