Myrddin

Rothfuss XIII: Fan Angst Live Stream

201 posts in this topic

He's really young to now be losing a second parent... Not that I imagine it gets easier in time, but he's about my age. 

Reading his post, his dad sounds like a great guy. 

I'm sorry for Pat. Truly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2017 at 4:27 AM, Let's Get Kraken said:

Pat should put down his pen - take off his writing hat and spend time with his father. The book can be written later. He should only be writing if it's helping him in some way - he shouldn't be doing so out of some weird obligation to people who buy his books.

If I had a job where I had the finances and security to drop everything and spend as much time as possible with a dying parent, I'd do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We see a city called Dalonir. Simmon's father is the duke of a place called Dalonir. But Simmon's Dalonir is supposed to be in northern Atur (and 30 miles from Gibea) and this Dalonir is in Ceald.

We have some places called Ciradats, which look similar to Ciridae (highest ranking Amyr).

We also have an Yllish city called Fehn Illiet. Similar to Illien and to anhaut-fehn (a word Bast uses as an insult).

Edited by jumbles
formatting and spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Cool!

I love maps.  It looks like he's added some other small countries.  We also, finally, know where Severen is.

My memory is clearly crap, I could have sworn Sevren Low was on the water with docks and whatnot but Sevren is landlocked. Weird. 

Edited by KiDisaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

My memory is clearly crap, I could have sworn Sevren Low was on the water with docks and whatnot but Sevren is landlocked. Weird. 

It is.  All I can figure is Severn is on a large river?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It is.  All I can figure is Severn is on a large river?

There's a big lake next to it on the map. I guess that's it. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chapter 52 of WMF implies that Severen is on or near the Arrand River.

The map doesn't seem to be exactly to scale. Severen is supposed to be a little more than 80 miles from the Eld (WMFc74) and 1000 miles from the University (WMFc50). Though the thousand miles is probably a very rough estimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Another thought "Ciradat" and "Ciridae" seem rather similar.  I wonder if that is significant?

 

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jumbles said:

Chapter 52 of WMF implies that Severen is on or near the Arrand River.

The map doesn't seem to be exactly to scale. Severen is supposed to be a little more than 80 miles from the Eld (WMFc74) and 1000 miles from the University (WMFc50). Though the thousand miles is probably a very rough estimate.

It does seem odd that Kvothe could sail all the way from Severen to Tarbean without stops along the way to change ships.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It does seem odd that Kvothe could sail all the way from Severen to Tarbean without stops along the way to change ships.  

Does he sail directly? If I remember correctly on the way to Sevren he says he was shipwrecked off Junpui and then traveled overland for at least part of the journey after that. I don't remember anything about the return journey post-Ademre though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Does he sail directly? If I remember correctly on the way to Sevren he says he was shipwrecked off Junpui and then traveled overland for at least part of the journey after that. I don't remember anything about the return journey post-Ademre though. 

Coming back to the University.  He sails and has no problems.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Another thought "Ciradat" and "Ciridae" seem rather similar.  I wonder if that is significant?

 

I always equated the Ciridae with a seneschal in terms of powers and responsibilities(justice, territorial administration) so I'm viewing those three Ciridat as vestiges of administrative territories formerly governed by Ciridae. It looks like they are all associated with Atur based on their shading on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Astromech said:

I always equated the Ciridae with a seneschal in terms of powers and responsibilities(justice, territorial administration) so I'm viewing those three Ciridat as vestiges of administrative territories formerly governed by Ciridae. It looks like they are all associated with Atur based on their shading on the map.

Makes sense.  I hope we see soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to say that I love this thread title so hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now