Tell Me Something Good!

Lily Valley

Hey Nerds!

I tried to find the "Awesome to the Max" thread, but got frustrated.  So I started this one for positive news.  

Today it's all about ME!  My students just won a prestigious state wide competition.  They are going to take their experimental apparatus to Illinois to observe the Solar Eclipse in August.  

For those unfamiliar, I work at a Community College who serves some of the brightest, poorest and most over-worked, high-rent paying non-traditional students in the State.  My students blew away most of the 4 year Universities with their work ethic and professionalism.  They blew away ALL of the private institutions.  I couldn't be prouder if they were my kids!  Go New Orleans!

19 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Hey Nerds!

I tried to find the "Awesome to the Max" thread, but got frustrated.  So I started this one for positive news.  

Today it's all about ME!  My students just won a prestigious state wide competition.  They are going to take their experimental apparatus to Illinois to observe the Solar Eclipse in August.  

For those unfamiliar, I work at a Community College who serves some of the brightest, poorest and most over-worked, high-rent paying non-traditional students in the State.  My students blew away most of the 4 year Universities with their work ethic and professionalism.  They blew away ALL of the private institutions.  I couldn't be prouder if they were my kids!  Go New Orleans!

This is soo cool!! Congratulations to your students, and to you for being their teacher. This is not good news but the best of news. Enjoy the eclipse. 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

My kids went to bed early tonight, no crying or fighting sleep.  Just went right to bed.  I have weeks worth of tv to catch up on.  Don't know where to start.

This is awesome.  Enjoy!

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 0:20 PM, Fragile Bird said:

The sun will come up. Tomorrow.

Or so I've been told. :)

It came, then went, then came ,then rained, then  came and then  rained...

2 minutes ago, maarsen said:

It came, then went, then came ,then rained, then  came and then  rained...

And watered the garden and now the squash is blooming, and the grass is so beautifully green.  But now I'll have to mow again...

Archived