Tell Me Something Good!

Lily Valley

I saw Foo Fighters live for the first time last night in Budapest, Hungary.

Without boring you with too much details, I'll just say it was a great concert and an even better road trip I'll remember fondly for a long time.

3 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

My healthy baby nephew was born today!   Only 18 days late!  Everyone is healthy and very, very tired!

Congrats to Aunt Lily, baby nephew, and family!

In other things good: My cat has a new hobby, collecting corks and storing them in the water dishes around the house.  He appears guilty and frightened while caught in the act of his new cork hoarding, I however try to demonstrate how proud and delighted this practice makes me.  Perhaps one day he too can shake off the shame and fear of his experiments in buoyancy and displacement.

I've watched this video twice now. Zach Anner is my new favorite person.

On 6/27/2017 at 3:59 AM, baxus said:

I saw Foo Fighters live for the first time last night in Budapest, Hungary.

Without boring you with too much details, I'll just say it was a great concert and an even better road trip I'll remember fondly for a long time.

JEALOUS! Seeing Foo & Budapest are both on my bucket list. Congrats!

39 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

JEALOUS! Seeing Foo & Budapest are both on my bucket list. Congrats!

It was a last minute kind of thing. One of my best friends bought tickets months ago and planned on going with his wife, sister and sister's fiancee. When the time came, his wife couldn't come and he called me to fill up the spot. We came to Budapest around 4pm and left at 5 am the next day so we didn't see as much of the city as we did on previous trips but, as I already said, it was a great road trip in general, and a great concert as well.

Budapest is definitely one of the must-see European cities. It's a shame that I've been to it only three times (twice for concerts, without much time to see it properly). It's in the neighbourhood, only 4 hours drive from Belgrade so it always gets dropped down on the list of cities to visit because it's so close.

I started a new job last week or so! After a depressing two years without a job, it might come as a shock to some people all of the excitement that I felt whilst in training and such. I was spending all this money I had saved up, so this job is certainly a step forward even though it's a part time job. :rolleyes:

Also my doctor took me off one of my two medications, and I'm feeling brighter, clearer, and more concise. This will certainly help with the new job and performances I will have to make.

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

Graduating with a 2:1 despite three very difficult years of uni, struggling with mental and physical health. I don't think i' e ever felt as proud of myself as I do now :) 

YESSS GIRL. so proud and happy for you !!!!!!! 

33 minutes ago, ladderjhn said:

I started a new job last week or so! After a depressing two years without a job, it might come as a shock to some people all of the excitement that I felt whilst in training and such. I was spending all this money I had saved up, so this job is certainly a step forward even though it's a part time job. :rolleyes:

Also my doctor took me off one of my two medications, and I'm feeling brighter, clearer, and more concise. This will certainly help with the new job and performances I will have to make.

congrats on the job thats great!!!

Just now, Theda Baratheon said:

YESSS GIRL. so proud and happy for you !!!!!!! 

congrats on the job thats great!!!

Thanks! It's been quite the stressful experience but I'm glad I persevered. Things also don't look totally bleak on the career front either so I'm feeling pretty awesome all around today

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks! It's been quite the stressful experience but I'm glad I persevered. Things also don't look totally bleak on the career front either so I'm feeling pretty awesome all around today

i feel like our university experience was eerily similar lol. i graduated with a 2:1 after depression and no motivation only to kick myself up the butt in the last year. it felt so great so i know exactly how you're feeling and you hold on to that pride and self love because you deserve it 

Just now, Theda Baratheon said:

i feel like our university experience was eerily similar lol. i graduated with a 2:1 after depression and no motivation only to kick myself up the butt in the last year. it felt so great so i know exactly how you're feeling and you hold on to that pride and self love because you deserve it 

Yep, it's a sadly all too common experience I think, but hey, we both did it! I will be storing my memories of opening my results email for future use when I feel down. 

42 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I am with Theda here. Congrats also and stay strong.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Graduating with a 2:1 despite three very difficult years of uni, struggling with mental and physical health. I don't think i' e ever felt as proud of myself as I do now :) 

Awesome and congrats!!!!!

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yep, it's a sadly all too common experience I think, but hey, we both did it! I will be storing my memories of opening my results email for future use when I feel down.

And also for when you need to summon a Patronus. ;)

So many things :)  Got married three weeks ago.  Went to Vegas w/ my brother, sister-in-law, and wife and ended up with a completely free trip.  And now it's looking like there may be a mini-Ace on the way.... though still need Dr. confirmation on that one ;)

Archived