Tell Me Something Good!

Lily Valley

2 hours ago, aceluby said:

So many things :)  Got married three weeks ago.  Went to Vegas w/ my brother, sister-in-law, and wife and ended up with a completely free trip.  And now it's looking like there may be a mini-Ace on the way.... though still need Dr. confirmation on that one ;)

Congratulations on all fronts! Great news, I wish you much happiness :) 

3 hours ago, aceluby said:

So many things :)  Got married three weeks ago.  Went to Vegas w/ my brother, sister-in-law, and wife and ended up with a completely free trip.  And now it's looking like there may be a mini-Ace on the way.... though still need Dr. confirmation on that one ;)

wowowow!!! amazing on all fronts!!! congrats dude 

5 hours ago, aceluby said:

Congratulations!!

11 hours ago, aceluby said:

Congrats on everything, and fingers crossed for that doctor's confirmation. :) 

I am now a permanent resident of the USA. Got my green card in the mail yesterday.

It's been nearly 14 years since I came to the US. A massive burden has been lifted, or, using one of GRRM's favorite sayings, my Kong is off my back. In another 5+ years, I should become a citizen. Yay!!! 

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I am now a permanent resident of the USA. Got my green card in the mail yesterday.

It's been nearly 14 years since I came to the US. A massive burden has been lifted, or, using one of GRRM's favorite sayings, my Kong is off my back. In another 5+ years, I should become a citizen. Yay!!! 

CONGRATULATIONS!   That is great news!

• 2 weeks later...

While Kaniggit makes his final car payment (congrats!), I am picking up my brand new car later today. I haven't had a car payment since 2005 and I really don't want to start now...but my old car was totaled in an accident 3 weeks ago and I really didn't have a choice. I figured I might as well get what I like. So I bought a 2017 Chevy Cruze and I'm in a payment for the next three years. 

My old car was an 02 Honda Accord that had a whopping 66,000 miles on it. I'm going to miss it. We were in a six car accident in a construction zone. I wasn't even in motion at the time. The (old) guy who caused it got cited for speeding, reckless driving and something else (can't remember what), and he was on his phone at the time. I never heard him hit his brakes--just him hitting the woman behind us, then her smacking into us. In PA, both violations in a construction zone are double the fines plus suspension of license. 

I've been planning a short trip in October. Due to various unexpected issues it was on my mind to cancel it. Yesterday I payed my reservation for said trip. Only thing left to do is to get a cheap flight :D 

Weirdly the lasts posts are also about getting happy for paying/start paying things...

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I cleaned my apartment.....and IT'S FUCKING CLEAN....  I am so, so, so proud.  The last six months or so (again with the so) I've been so down on myself I couldn't get around to doing something like this.  I want to eat dinner off the floor ffs.

(!!!!!!!!)

Good to hear things are looking  up for you. Stay  cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I may jinx this, but I just wanted to share that I think I finished writing my thesis/first real academic paper. Like, I'm sure there's going to be corrections from reviewers, assuming its not a rejection, not to mention whatever final wringer my supervisor will put it through before now and the needing to be hit submit to the journal deadline 24 hours from now, (there is only so much time  for her to change her mind completely about what she wants from it, again!*) but this is basically it and the first draft where I could conscientiously say to myself, yeah, this is some kind of version of finished. I'm amazed by how satisfying this feels all of a sudden. Possibly only because I finally get a break from working on it for a little while, but still. (oh, findings are depressing. Who would have thought?)

OMG, I can close, not kidding, about 60 tabs now (out of, er, right now, 135.) And that's just in Firefox!

I might go...um...read...? For fun? For like a whole hour?

*My supervisor is awesome, but stressfully intense and, at times, clearly several different people with regard to this paper. Also, surprisingly young to be a hardcore crazy cat lady professor and with a startlingly recent past as a professional belly dancer. (Needless to say, she is my idol.)

53 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

I may jinx this, but I just wanted to share that I think I finished writing my thesis/first real academic paper. Like, I'm sure there's going to be corrections from reviewers, assuming its not a rejection, not to mention whatever final wringer my supervisor will put it through before now and the needing to be hit submit to the journal deadline 24 hours from now, (there is only so much time  for her to change her mind completely about what she wants from it, again!*) but this is basically it and the first draft where I could conscientiously say to myself, yeah, this is some kind of version of finished. I'm amazed by how satisfying this feels all of a sudden. Possibly only because I finally get a break from working on it for a little while, but still. (oh, findings are depressing. Who would have thought?)

OMG, I can close, not kidding, about 60 tabs now (out of, er, right now, 135.) And that's just in Firefox!

I might go...um...read...? For fun? For like a whole hour?

*My supervisor is awesome, but stressfully intense and, at times, clearly several different people with regard to this paper. Also, surprisingly young to be a hardcore crazy cat lady professor and with a startlingly recent past as a professional belly dancer. (Needless to say, she is my idol.)

Congrats and booyah!

Not only that but I then put on shoes, and went for a run! It was very brief because I haven't run in months or eaten basically anything by Israeli-Doritos type things (they're worse than Doritos-Doritos) and cottage cheese in like two days, but still!

The cats are being boarded this weekend and I've been a neurotic wreck about it.  Called today to check on them and they have their own dog-free wing.  Also, they were both "napping and couldn't come to the phone."  I love my vet and all his techs.

• 4 months later...

Archived