My theory on shireen's fate

snow is the man

I see  mel figuring out that stannis isn't the prince who was promised and think (whether it's right or wrong) that it's jon since she saw snow in her visions or something like that. Or maybe she jumps to it after she reads the letter. She could use shireen dying to bring him back and maybe do it by burning for some reason because it pleases the lord of light as a sacrifice. It would make it interesting because it would change jon and lead to horrible guilt and could very well change him and make us wonder if it was jon being resurected that changed him or how it was done. What do you think?

edit-Changed title to avoid spoilers

I would recommend you change the title of this thread... A forum rule for this area is that there are no discussions of the HBO show and you've basically just given a huge spoiler in your title to anyone who hasn't watched season 5 yet. How about: "My Theory on Shireen's Fate." And then anything you mention about the show, put it in a spoiler box (the eyeball on the toolbar above.) I'm not a moderator or anything, but someone may report the thread for the title and then it could be deleted.

But, to the topic:

I could see Melisandre doing it, especially after finding out that her other sources of king's blood (Mance and his child) are inaccessible. She already has Selyse in her palm, so convincing her it's the Lord's will would solve the problem of consent to use her daughter in the ritual.

However, I think king's blood in general is such an obscure construct. Anyone else think that it's more of a "belief is reality" magic system that Melisandre is using? I think it's at least worth considering that anyone's blood would have the same effect if Melisandre believed it worked that way. Didn't they get favorable winds sailing to Eastwatch by burning people without king's blood?

Viewing her sacrifices through this lense, it would be ironic that she has led Stannis down this false/misguided path and essentially sacrificed him as he will have essentially lost everything he had due to her misinterpretation of the flames (i.e., status, wealth, titles, holdings, Renly, maybe even Shireen and his wife). It even seems a little bit like the Nissa Nissa part of the Azor Ahai legend.

1 hour ago, Traverys said:

I would recommend you change the title of this thread... A forum rule for this area is that there are no discussions of the HBO show and you've basically just given a huge spoiler in your title to anyone who hasn't watched season 5 yet. How about: "My Theory on Shireen's Fate." And then anything you mention about the show, put it in a spoiler box (the eyeball on the toolbar above.) I'm not a moderator or anything, but someone may report the thread for the title and then it could be deleted.

But, to the topic:

I could see Melisandre doing it, especially after finding out that her other sources of king's blood (Mance and his child) are inaccessible. She already has Selyse in her palm, so convincing her it's the Lord's will would solve the problem of consent to use her daughter in the ritual.

However, I think king's blood in general is such an obscure construct. Anyone else think that it's more of a "belief is reality" magic system that Melisandre is using? I think it's at least worth considering that anyone's blood would have the same effect if Melisandre believed it worked that way. Didn't they get favorable winds sailing to Eastwatch by burning people without king's blood?

Viewing her sacrifices through this lense, it would be ironic that she has led Stannis down this false/misguided path and essentially sacrificed him as he will have essentially lost everything he had due to her misinterpretation of the flames (i.e., status, wealth, titles, holdings, Renly, maybe even Shireen and his wife). It even seems a little bit like the Nissa Nissa part of the Azor Ahai legend.

I can actually see selyse being okay with it

Archived