will jon snow have a POV chapter in TWOW.

snow is the man

5 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

It would be really cool if we saw how he reacted when he came back? Plus he is my favorite character and I would hate to wait so long and not see jon like in feast

I would bet money that Jon will be a POV character in TWOW.  He is too important character to ignore, and there is too much unfinished business in his story, not least the question of his parentage and its effect on the story.  The only reason he wasn't in Feast was because of the geographic split.  Given the upset reaction by readers to that split, it is extremely unlikely that GRRM will do anything like it again.

I have no idea.

If he was stabbed but didn't die, ya probably he'll have a POV.

If he was fatally stabbed and wargs Ghost, then I'm not sure. Especially if he's resurrected, I'd guess no. Just like Lady Stoneheart has no POV.

Depends on whether GRRM wants us to know what he's thinking and whether he is prepared to use other POV characters to show us the events he is involved in.

I don't think Catelyn/LSH is necessarily the same situation. It's more likely that he doesn't want us to understand her motivation at the moment, nor need to show everything the BWB are up to. It keeps it more mysterious.

• 5 weeks later...

We've been with Jon Snow since he was what? 14 years old?  We've watched him pout and brood and delight in pleasures of the flesh and war.  We've watched him develop relationships with beasts and men.  It would be an epic cheat not to see what's going on in his head.   I'm hoping he will Targ up a bit and become a full on king.  To quote a youtube guy I like,"Cat was an asshole."   She's a zombie and still doesn't have a lick of sense.  Who cares what she thinks?  Jon though...he's important, vital to the story.  How can there be A Song of Ice and Fire without the person it is all about?  

29 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

We've been with Jon Snow since he was what? 14 years old?  We've watched him pout and brood and delight in pleasures of the flesh and war.  We've watched him develop relationships with beasts and men.  It would be an epic cheat not to see what's going on in his head.   I'm hoping he will Targ up a bit and become a full on king.  To quote a youtube guy I like,"Cat was an asshole."   She's a zombie and still doesn't have a lick of sense.  Who cares what she thinks?  Jon though...he's important, vital to the story.  How can there be A Song of Ice and Fire without the person it is all about?  

I care what Catelyn aka Lady Stoneheart is thinking!!!! I think she is much more than she appears. She will likely soon hold the fate of Jaime, who has somehow become one of my favourite characters, in her hands (claws). And I think she will also have an additional vital role in the plot. But I don't mind the fact we don't have a point of view from her since her transformation. I think George has set it up that way so that we don't know what motivates her and when we find out some people are going to be very surprised.

George likes to test his characters and have them make tough decisions. Although this is easier to convey from a point of view character, he can still test his characters if they are not. I think Catelyn will be torn between honoring Robb's will and last edict over Jon Snow, the boy she hated, or trying to find Arya and crowning her. And of course Jon is dead (yes it's possible he may just be hurt) but isn't it awfully convenient that Cat can sacrifice herself to bring him back to life?

I think we will get more Jon point of view chapters. It's interesting to speculate what factors into whether a character is POV or not

a ) Someone is needed in each different location to observe events George wants us to see

b ) Is the character and their perspective interesting, especially with how they think. 

c ) Do we need to learn more about the character

d ) Does the character know too much or have hidden motivations that will give away the plot

e ) Does George like to write the character 

There is probably more to it as well

I think, assuming Jon doesn't go on some weird out of body experience and learn too much, he will still tick most of these boxes. I want to know how the betrayal will change him and I want to know how discovering the circumstances of his birth change him. I think that would be more difficult and less fulfilling without a POV.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, Lifestream said:

If he was fatally stabbed and wargs Ghost, then I'm not sure.

GHOST

"Bark bark bark bark bark," barked Jon.  "Bark!  Bark bark bark; bark bark, bark bark bark."

8 minutes ago, JNR said:

GHOST

"Bark bark bark bark bark," barked Jon.  "Bark!  Bark bark bark; bark bark, bark bark bark."

Of course Ghost doesn't make any noise, so he will have to convey things another way;)

7 minutes ago, JNR said:

GHOST

I hate to be this guy but Ghost is completely silent(I'm sure you knew that and all I did was fuck up your joke.)

I've always assumed we would get a Jon POV but this topic has me thinking. If we had a character at the wall to "show" us the events there it might would be interesting to not be in Jon's head. But since GRRM has said we will get no new POVs in Winds, I imagine we will get to see Jon's thoughts. 

My gut says no, atleast not for awhile.

He maybe stuck in ghost for awhile, but when he does make it back to his body, if lady stoneheart, beric, patchface, etc, have taught us anything, he will most certainly be changed. 

This is complete speculation, but i think Jon is going to make some questionable choices, and george, like always, will want to keep things ambiguous at first. But like others have pointed out, we've  spent too much time in Jon's head to get shut out for good, atleast i hope.

But the main thing that im anticipating/fretting about, is how he is going to be changed.

Archived