If dany becomes queen, what would she change?

aventador577

On 5/25/2017 at 10:22 PM, The Gizzard of Oz said:

Many people will die regardless of who rules.  Stark lovers aren't going to like to this but Robb would have been terrible at ruling if you think many people dying is bad.  Robb could have shown humility and knelt to Joffrey to avoid thousands of casualties.  Catelyn could have brought the matter to Robert instead of arresting Tyrion.  Jon could have let Arya take care of herself instead of attacking the Boltons with his wildling agents.  Jon Arryn could have complied with the royal order and executed Robert and Ned instead of  rebelling and it would have saved thousands of lives. 

rob would have been killed by his own men if he knelt for joffrey. But he could have for stannis or renly. Catelyn did mess up and because of her stupidity and lack of impulse control she set forth the events that led to her son,husband,and thousands of others to die.

Jon didn't send people to attack the boltons he sent them to find her on the road. He believed what mel said and that meant she was dying on the road to the wall. In no way did it suggest he sent the wildlings to winterfell. Jon arryn could have done that but there was a reason that aery's was called the mad king. Something else would have started it. That said ned starks brother and father were responsible for that by going to the king and demanding they be given the prince so they can kill them.

I think rob would have been a good king not a great one but good. I don't think jon snow wants to be king. 

2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

rob would have been killed by his own men if he knelt for joffrey. But he could have for stannis or renly. Catelyn did mess up and because of her stupidity and lack of impulse control she set forth the events that led to her son,husband,and thousands of others to die.

Jon didn't send people to attack the boltons he sent them to find her on the road. He believed what mel said and that meant she was dying on the road to the wall. In no way did it suggest he sent the wildlings to winterfell. Jon arryn could have done that but there was a reason that aery's was called the mad king. Something else would have started it. That said ned starks brother and father were responsible for that by going to the king and demanding they be given the prince so they can kill them.

I think rob would have been a good king not a great one but good. I don't think jon snow wants to be king. 

Neither Robb nor Jon would make good kings.  They chose personal gratification over serving the greater need of many people. 

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM, John Doe said:

Many more people would die, she'd be a terrible queen. 

Keep parroting that wouldn't make it true. You aren't GRRM and he had a third of the story left to finish. 

14 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Wouldn't that be a violation of Guest Right? Robert and Ned ate and drank at his table and slept in his Castle for years.  

That's not the point though, the point is if Jon arryn carried out that order, thousands of lives would have been saved instead of dying in the rebellion, besides the Arryns are not first men, they're andals so I'm not sure if guest right would mean much to them.

10 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

:agree: If SB storyline teach us something it's that Dany would be a terrible, moronic and incompetent ruler who use genocide.

Ah the biggest dany/targaryen hater on the forums. Dany wouldn't be any more terrible than the other previous monarchs and why would she commit genocide on the people she's trying to rule? In fact dany is the only current character who really cares about her subjects and their well being, dany's reign will be the greatest victory for the smallfolk since the time of Aegon V and unlike Aegon she would actually be able to impose her reforms because she has dragons. But offcourse you'll never understand that since you're blinded by dany hate.

3 minutes ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

That's not the point though, the point is if Jon arryn carried out that order, thousands of lives would have been saved instead of dying in the rebellion, besides the Arryns are not first men, they're andals so I'm not sure if guest right would mean much to them.

Guest right is a Westerosi custom that is followed by andals as well as the first men. It's not really debatable it's fact. It would mean a huge deal to Jon Arryn as his House words are "As High as Honor." Breaking Guest right is a huge breach in all of Westeros and considered very dishonorable. Wyman Manderly has andal blood and follows the 7 but was still very upset about the Red Wedding that broke Guest right as was most of Westeros not just Houses that are Northern or have blood of the first men.

No character in the books ever says "oh well the Red Wedding wasn't that big of a deal as it's only a first men custom."

Even Doran Martell takes Guest right seriously. As he tells the Sand Snakes

"Ser Balon is a guest beneath my roof. He has eaten of my bread and salt. I will not do him harm."

The fact that Aerys and who ever sent the raven was mad and or stupid enough to command Jon Arryn to commit a crime by killing his wards that were protected by Guest right instead of say commanding him to send Ned and Robert to the capital gave Jon Arryn little choice in the matter. Aerys was mad and needed to be stopped as even Rhaegar told Jamie "changes will be made" before he left for the Trident. 

6 hours ago, khal drogon said:

Keep parroting that wouldn't make it true. You aren't GRRM and he had a third of the story left to finish. 

If you think someone who just discovered that burning things is easier than making peace and wants to bring three grown dragons to Westeros as a means to conquer her mad father's crown isn't going to spill a lot of blood on the way, okay. 

But regardless, I'm not saying my interpretation is the only correct one, maybe she will turn out to be a good queen and a saviour. We'll see in the next book, no reason to be angry at each other. 

3 hours ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

Ah the biggest dany/targaryen hater on the forums. Dany wouldn't be any more terrible than the other previous monarchs and why would she commit genocide on the people she's trying to rule? In fact dany is the only current character who really cares about her subjects and their well being, dany's reign will be the greatest victory for the smallfolk since the time of Aegon V and unlike Aegon she would actually be able to impose her reforms because she has dragons. But offcourse you'll never understand that since you're blinded by dany hate.

Of course she would be worse than the previous monarchs. She: 

- burns people alive 

- kills people in a gruesome way without determining their guilt before (crucification at Mereen)

- slaughters whole cities (Astapor, remember what a threat thirteen year olds are)

- has failed at ruling Mereen and constantly makes judgement errors (like giving that woman who returns to her home after the sack nothing because she shouldn't have fled and died instead)

Plus we have other leaders who care about their subjects as well, Stannis and Jon Snow come to mind. 

Probably not that much, she will still have to go back to Slavery's Bay and fix that mess up. She is going to be quite busy fixing other parts of the known world that may not agree to her liking. 

Also probably producing an heir. 

4 hours ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

Ah the biggest dany/targaryen hater on the forums. 

Passive aggressive personal attack. How original *yawning*

Dany wouldn't be any more terrible than the other previous monarchs

The fact that you believe that doesn't make it true.

why would she commit genocide on the people she's trying to rule?

Because she already had done it before.

In fact dany is the only current character who really cares about her subjects and their well being,

True she cares about them so much that she tortures them, makes their lives hell and then takes part of their money when they voluntarily sell themselves to slavery because she has destroyed their lives.

dany's reign will be the greatest victory for the smallfolk since the time of Aegon V

Unless you are GRRM you have no way to know it. Unless of course you are talking about your fan fiction.

impose her reforms because she has dragons

That is what makes her a tyrant, when Egg was fighting for some primitive kind of democracy.

But offcourse you'll never understand that since you're blinded by dany hate.

Two passive aggressive personal attacks in the same post. How original *yawning*

49 minutes ago, John Doe said:

like giving that woman who returns to her home after the sack nothing because she shouldn't have fled and died instead

With this act she shows that she doesn't have a claim to Westeros anymore, she lost her claim when she fled from Dragonstone

38 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Of course she would be worse than the previous monarchs. She: 

- burns people alive 

- kills people in a gruesome way without determining their guilt before (crucification at Mereen)

- slaughters whole cities (Astapor, remember what a threat thirteen year olds are)

- has failed at ruling Mereen and constantly makes judgement errors (like giving that woman who returns to her home after the sack nothing because she shouldn't have fled and died instead)

Plus we have other leaders who care about their subjects as well, Stannis and Jon Snow come to mind. 

Oh common John 

- Stannis burns people alive as well, so did many other rulers in planetos, if you are going to chastise dany for that then you might as well condemn every ruler who fought in a war, because in war people get burnt whether in battles or in punitive actions agilainst an enemy's population by burning their towns/cities et cetera. And why wouldn't dany burn people when she has dragons? Are you suggesting that she just ignore the dragons and do nothing with them? That's pathetic.

- In war people always die in gruesome ways, and I always can't get my head around people who criticise dany for executing the slavers, those guys are not innocent they are wicked tyrants, maybe you should go back and read why she crucified the bastards, they had strung up and curiufied 100+ slaves including children! On the way to meereen, these people make slaves fight to death in fighting pits, they're responsible for the torture, abuse and killing of thousands upon thousands of countless slaves, they got what was coming for them and they deserve it, if I was dany I would do even more to punish those evil tyrants, I would dispossess them of their titles and properties and then expel them from meereen altogether.

- I don't ever remember dany slaughtering all the people of astapor, are we reading thesame book? What i do remember is dany liberating the slave population and then ordering the rightful execution of the hated and abhorrent slavers who do not respect human rights 

- She has failed in ruling meereen and so? I would be very disappointed in GRRM as a writer if he made danearys who has had no prior exprience in ruling suddenly become all this great and successful ruler in a hostile country, very disappointed indeed. She would've been a Mary sue if that had happened, now we know dany has learned her lesson about ruling and when she finally gets to Westeros she will be very good at ruling and people will not criticise GRRM for that because he has shown how she was clueless in ruling before. I am not going to defend what dany did to that woman who fled meereen, unlike other readers I do not believe that my favourite character is perfect, I admit that she has her own flaws but remember she's only 16 so i wouldn't blame her all too much for that, but had she been an adult you would be right to blame her for some things.

Yeah well dany is right well in that club of leaders who care about her people for gods sake she freed tens of thousands of slaves! Which ruler can claim to do that? And if Stannis cared about his people he wouldn't be insulting and disrespecting them by burning their gods and trying to introduce a new and foreign religion to Westeros, dude even burns his own soldiers because he put them in a situation where they were forced to commit cannibalism these aren't the marks of a leader who cares about his subjects.

4 minutes ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

Oh common John 

- Stannis burns people alive as well, so did many other rulers in planetos, if you are going to chastise dany for that then you might as well condemn every ruler who fought in a war, because in war people get burnt whether in battles or in punitive actions agilainst an enemy's population by burning their towns/cities et cetera. And why wouldn't dany burn people when she has dragons? Are you suggesting that she just ignore the dragons and do nothing with them? That's pathetic.

- In war people always die in gruesome ways, and I always can't get my head around people who criticise dany for executing the slavers, those guys are not innocent they are wicked tyrants, maybe you should go back and read why she crucified the bastards, they had strung up and curiufied 100+ slaves including children! On the way to meereen, these people make slaves fight to death in fighting pits, they're responsible for the torture, abuse and killing of thousands upon thousands of countless slaves, they got what was coming for them and they deserve it, if I was dany I would do even more to punish those evil tyrants, I would dispossess them of their titles and properties and then expel them from meereen altogether.

- I don't ever remember dany slaughtering all the people of astapor, are we reading thesame book? What i do remember is dany liberating the slave population and then ordering the rightful execution of the hated and abhorrent slavers who do not respect human rights 

- She has failed in ruling meereen and so? I would be very disappointed in GRRM as a writer if he made danearys who has had no prior exprience in ruling suddenly become all this great and successful ruler in a hostile country, very disappointed indeed. She would've been a Mary sue if that had happened, now we know dany has learned her lesson about ruling and when she finally gets to Westeros she will be very good at ruling and people will not criticise GRRM for that because he has shown how she was clueless in ruling before. I am not going to defend what dany did to that woman who fled meereen, unlike other readers I do not believe that my favourite character is perfect, I admit that she has her own flaws but remember she's only 16 so i wouldn't blame her all too much for that, but had she been an adult you would be right to blame her for some things.

Yeah well dany is right well in that club of leaders who care about her people for gods sake she freed tens of thousands of slaves! Which ruler can claim to do that? And if Stannis cared about his people he wouldn't be insulting and disrespecting them by burning their gods and trying to introduce a new and foreign religion to Westeros, dude even burns his own soldiers because he put them in a situation where they were forced to commit cannibalism these aren't the marks of a leader who cares about his subjects.

hear hear.

4 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Guest right is a Westerosi custom that is followed by andals as well as the first men. It's not really debatable it's fact. It would mean a huge deal to Jon Arryn as his House words are "As High as Honor." Breaking Guest right is a huge breach in all of Westeros and considered very dishonorable. Wyman Manderly has andal blood and follows the 7 but was still very upset about the Red Wedding that broke Guest right as was most of Westeros not just Houses that are Northern or have blood of the first men.

No character in the books ever says "oh well the Red Wedding wasn't that big of a deal as it's only a first men custom."

Even Doran Martell takes Guest right seriously. As he tells the Sand Snakes

"Ser Balon is a guest beneath my roof. He has eaten of my bread and salt. I will not do him harm."

The fact that Aerys and who ever sent the raven was mad and or stupid enough to command Jon Arryn to commit a crime by killing his wards that were protected by Guest right instead of say commanding him to send Ned and Robert to the capital gave Jon Arryn little choice in the matter. Aerys was mad and needed to be stopped as even Rhaegar told Jamie "changes will be made" before he left for the Trident. 

You are missing the point again, my point is not that guest right is not sacred to the andals, my point is if Jon arryn had carried out the orders of his king no matter how distasteful and dishonourable he would have saved the lives of thousands who died in the rebellion in doing so. Do you belive the lives of two people are more important than the lives of thousands?

Archived