If dany becomes queen, what would she change?

aventador577

Can't edit. Here:

A Feast for Crows - Cersei IV 

". . . remains on Braavos, far across the sea. They shall have their gold, maester. A Lannister pays his debts."

"The Braavosi have a saying too." Pycelle's jeweled chain clinked softly. "The Iron Bank will have its due, they say." 

"The Iron Bank will have its due when I say they will. Until such time, the Iron Bank will wait respectfully. Lord Waters, commence the building of your dromonds."

And the one I was thinking about specifically, here:

A Dance with Dragons - Jon IX 

It gave him an uneasy feeling. Braavosi coin would allow the Night's Watch to buy food from the south when their own stores ran short, food enough to see them through the winter, however long it might prove to be. A long hard winter will leave the Watch so deep in debt that we will never climb out, Jon reminded himself, but when the choice is debt or death, best borrow.

He did not have to like it, though. And come spring, when the time came to repay all that gold, he would like it even less. Tycho Nestoris had impressed him as cultured and courteous, but the Iron Bank of Braavos had a fearsome reputation when collecting debts. Each of the Nine Free Cities had its bank, and some had more than one, fighting over every coin like dogs over a bone, but the Iron Bank was richer and more powerful than all the rest combined. When princes defaulted on their debts to lesser banks, ruined bankers sold their wives and children into slavery and opened their own veins. When princes failed to repay the Iron Bank, new princes sprang up from nowhere and took their thrones.

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Can't edit. Here:

A Feast for Crows - Cersei IV 

". . . remains on Braavos, far across the sea. They shall have their gold, maester. A Lannister pays his debts."

"The Braavosi have a saying too." Pycelle's jeweled chain clinked softly. "The Iron Bank will have its due, they say." 

"The Iron Bank will have its due when I say they will. Until such time, the Iron Bank will wait respectfully. Lord Waters, commence the building of your dromonds."

And the one I was thinking about specifically, here:

A Dance with Dragons - Jon IX 

It gave him an uneasy feeling. Braavosi coin would allow the Night's Watch to buy food from the south when their own stores ran short, food enough to see them through the winter, however long it might prove to be. A long hard winter will leave the Watch so deep in debt that we will never climb out, Jon reminded himself, but when the choice is debt or death, best borrow.

He did not have to like it, though. And come spring, when the time came to repay all that gold, he would like it even less. Tycho Nestoris had impressed him as cultured and courteous, but the Iron Bank of Braavos had a fearsome reputation when collecting debts. Each of the Nine Free Cities had its bank, and some had more than one, fighting over every coin like dogs over a bone, but the Iron Bank was richer and more powerful than all the rest combined. When princes defaulted on their debts to lesser banks, ruined bankers sold their wives and children into slavery and opened their own veins. When princes failed to repay the Iron Bank, new princes sprang up from nowhere and took their thrones.

There's definitely that. But I also have a feeling that the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men might have an understanding as well, for those princes who prove particularly intransigent.

1 minute ago, WSmith84 said:

There's definitely that. But I also have a feeling that the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men might have an understanding as well, for those princes who prove particularly intransigent.

I'd say it's very likely, and that's exactly how "new princes spring up from nowhere". 

I do hope that the same way the Daenerys Targaryen fought against the masters and freed the Slaves after she conquers Westeros she fights/forces the seven Lords of Westeros to give the smallfolk their right of fair trial and justice that they deserve; I hope that she reinstates Aegon V (the Egg) decrees that granted freedoms, rights, and protections to the smallfolk.

Let she do justice with her Dragons that the Egg couldn't do (unfortunately) without his dragons. Amen.

On 5/7/2017 at 3:48 AM, HallowedMarcus said:

I do hope that the same way the Daenerys Targaryen fought against the masters

You mean mass murder, children's murder and at the end of the day becoming a slaver herself?

On 4/7/2017 at 9:27 PM, WSmith84 said:

Any ruler with some sense will come to an arrangement with the Iron Bank and pay what they are owed, regardless of whether it's a Baratheon or Targaryen. I'm sure Aegon or Dany could probably get a favourable deal from the bank, where they don't need to pay everything so quickly (plus they can always take the gold from the Lannisters as punishment and pay the bank with that). But it would be deeply unwise, I think, for any ruler to reject the payments. A dragon can win you a battle, burn down a castle and kill your enemies, but it can't stop a knife in the dark or a cup of poison wine.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:59 PM, kissdbyfire said:

How's that quote again, about kings who don't repay their debts to the IB and soon find there's another king in their place? Or something along those lines...

Don't you worry! Dany will find the money the same way she found it at Meereen by becoming a slaver.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:48 PM, HallowedMarcus said:

I do hope that the same way the Daenerys Targaryen fought against the masters and freed the Slaves after she conquers Westeros she fights/forces the seven Lords of Westeros to give the smallfolk their right of fair trial and justice that they deserve; I hope that she reinstates Aegon V (the Egg) decrees that granted freedoms, rights, and protections to the smallfolk.

Let she do justice with her Dragons that the Egg couldn't do (unfortunately) without his dragons. Amen.

Dany is the most impressive person in the story.  The way she led the Dothraki through the desert and her crusade to free the slaves are remarkable for anyone let alone a young lady in her early teens.  She gets my vote.

13 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You mean mass murder, children's murder and at the end of the day becoming a slaver herself?

As far as I know, Daenerys Targaryen freed the Unsullied and all slaves on cities she defeated or conquered. I compared her freeing the slaves to her given back the right and laws that the Egg (Aegon V) gave the smallfolf in Westeros.

I never said she just a wonderful just Queen, did I? Also, as far as I know, Rulers by the Right of Conquest kill and arrest their enemies and the ones who stand up against the dominion of theirs.

23 minutes ago, HallowedMarcus said:

As far as I know, Daenerys Targaryen freed the Unsullied and all slaves on cities she defeated or conquered. I compared her freeing the slaves to her given back the right and laws that the Egg (Aegon V) gave the smallfolf in Westeros.

She also took  money from the people who sold themselves to slavery because she made their lives a living hell.

23 minutes ago, HallowedMarcus said:

I never said she just a wonderful just Queen, did I? Also, as far as I know, Rulers by the Right of Conquest kill and arrest their enemies and the ones who stand up against the dominion of theirs.

Tell me again when Robert or Nymeria or even Robb used mass murder, children's murder and genocide when they became the rulers?

28 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

She also took  money from the people who sold themselves to slavery because she made their lives a living hell.

37 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Tell me again when Robert or Nymeria or even Robb used mass murder, children's murder and genocide when they became the rulers?

When Daenerys was miles from Meereen the Masters nailed slave children on mileposts. Considering that the Masters killed children, she ordered the children of theirs to be run through the sword so they can feel how it is to lose the sons and daughters they love, for they did it to slave parents who loved their children. You call it murder; I call it justice.  

The Stark hundreds of years/thousands of years ago when they were called the Kings of Winter killed Flints and other Houses children who were their hostages when these House did not obey them or rebelled against their power/rule. Do not forget that the Head of the House Stark who gave the sentence of death, is the same one who beheaded them and some of them were children.

Aegon Targaryen burnt, roasted thousands of people with his dragon when he went to conquer Westeros. He won by the Right of Conquests, by other means, the Houses who opposed him were killed and extinguish and the other who survived bent the knee to him and accepted his rule. He became their ruler and them his subjects. Daenerys conquered Meereen and therefore she has the right to confiscate their goods, houses, and coins as she sees fit; anyone who opposes her rule can be arrested and executed. She has the right to kill all masters, and high born on the pyramids and thousands of people she suspects as in the Harpy's 'army'. But she has not done so. She had mercy. Her sellsword lover asked her just to kill all high born and suspect of aiding them against her rule and in her kindness, she refused to do so.

Finally about people who sold or want to be sold into slavery. Don't forget that the Masters and the other cities made an economic blockade against Meereen and therefore people are suffering. Daenerys accepted to keep some of their ancient traditions and married a High Born of a great House of Meereen. She accepts to compromise but she will not accept the Masters to return to make others slaves. 

So about the people that the Masters with their economic blockade made miserably, they should go out onto their cities and ask them to start trading goods with Meerenn like they have done for so long before Daenerys conquered it!  And if those people she/they made a living hell were ancient Masters, then I call it poetic justice.

2 hours ago, HallowedMarcus said:

You call it murder; I call it justice.  

This is sickening! Killing children for their parents crimes is vile. By your logic the death of the Targaryen children was ok because it was a lesson for their parents.

The Stark hundreds of years/thousands of years ago when they were called the Kings of Winter killed Flints and other Houses children who were their hostages when these House did not obey them or rebelled against their power/rule. Do not forget that the Head of the House Stark who gave the sentence of death, is the same one who beheaded them and some of them were children.

Two things; one you don't know if the Starks had killed children and two it isn't the Starks we are talking about but Dany.

She has the right to kill all masters, and high born on the pyramids and thousands of people she suspects as in the Harpy's 'army'.

I am really scary and disgusted about the way you think and your beliefs. To think that someone has the right to kill people just because he has WMD is hineous.

She had mercy.

That is a lie. She ordered the deaths all the highborn males. Even children. But according to you since their parents didn't had WMD who cares right?

Finally about people who sold or want to be sold into slavery. Don't forget that the Masters and the other cities made an economic blockade against Meereen and therefore people are suffering. Daenerys accepted to keep some of their ancient traditions and married a High Born of a great House of Meereen. She accepts to compromise but she will not accept the Masters to return to make others slaves. 

That has nothing to do with what I said.

So about the people that the Masters with their economic blockade made miserably, they should go out onto their cities and ask them to start trading goods with Meerenn like they have done for so long before Daenerys conquered it!  And if those people she/they made a living hell were ancient Masters, then I call it poetic justice.

Also has nothing to do with what I said. People of Meereen were selling themselves to slavery and she was taking the money they got from them selling themselves and the future money they will get.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Two things; one you don't know if the Starks had killed children and two it isn't the Starks we are talking about but Dany.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I am really scary and disgusted about the way you think and your beliefs. To think that someone has the right to kill people just because he has WMD is hineous.

A member of House Flint confirms to Jon Snow on the Wall that the Starks beheaded hostages os unwilling 'bend the knee' houses, flints among them.  He dared if Jon would have the courage to do the same with the boys he 'collected' from the Wildlings to ensure their loyalty. This happened in ADwD. There we can read Jon's thought when he 'answers' (thinks) ask Janos Slynt. So yes the Stark indeed killed them. Considering the noble of House Flint compared those children to the former hostages of Old makes me believe they were children too. Without a doubt they were killed though.

When Robb Stark broke his betrothal the Freys had the right to vengeance, to betray and kill Robb and his men. If they did so it would have been considered normal at that time/bok. However they did it under the Guest's Rights and therefore what they did was unacceptable, disgusting and evil. They are now scorned by nobles and smallfolk alike. Guest's Rights is sacred to Westerosis, especially in the North were it has almost the same level of Kinslaying. So now any remaining Stark has the right to kill them. If that indeed happens and I do hope it does then the Starks would be justified to kill them. By medieval/GRRM's book standard it would be considered correct.

William the Conquerer put dozens of thousands to death to force his rule on the English/Saxon people/nobles. William was a French from Normandy with Viking Blood. Daenerys Targaryen is a conqueror. She is a dragon and a person with dragon blood does as he likes, like marrying more than 1 person at the same time, marrying brother and sister and so on. He is elected by the gods -in the book- to give 'rebirth' to real Dragons and that after the eggs have been turned to stone after hundreds of years without cracking. Even when it was normal to Targaryens to have eggs they cracked after weeks. 

She will conquer, if GRRM does not kill her off, she will rule and she will kill and burn and arrest/torture -also common in medieval age - and destroy any person, be it noble, low born, men, women, old, young who stands on her way. What's and see in the incoming books.

In our times she would be a monster, I do agree, but the books are not based on our times.

Just now, HallowedMarcus said:

A member of House Flin[snip] considered correct.

That has nothing to do with the op.

1 minute ago, HallowedMarcus said:

He is elected by the gods -in the book-

I sincerely have no idea what you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, HallowedMarcus said:

She will conquer, if GRRM does not kill her off, she will rule and she will kill and burn and arrest/torture -also common in medieval age - and destroy any person, be it noble, low born, men, women, old, young who stands on her way. What's and see in the incoming books.

First who do you think that gave her that right? She doesn't have that right in feudal society.

3 minutes ago, HallowedMarcus said:

In our times she would be a monster, I do agree, but the books are not based on our times.

Even in the books her action are atrocious.

7 hours ago, HallowedMarcus said:

When Daenerys was miles from Meereen the Masters nailed slave children on mileposts. Considering that the Masters killed children, she ordered the children of theirs to be run through the sword so they can feel how it is to lose the sons and daughters they love, for they did it to slave parents who loved their children. You call it murder; I call it justice.  

Aegon Targaryen burnt, roasted thousands of people with his dragon when he went to conquer Westeros. He won by the Right of Conquests, by other means, the Houses who opposed him were killed and extinguish and the other who survived bent the knee to him and accepted his rule. He became their ruler and them his subjects. Daenerys conquered Meereen and therefore she has the right to confiscate their goods, houses, and coins as she sees fit; anyone who opposes her rule can be arrested and executed. She has the right to kill all masters, and high born on the pyramids and thousands of people she suspects as in the Harpy's 'army'. But she has not done so. She had mercy. Her sellsword lover asked her just to kill all high born and suspect of aiding them against her rule and in her kindness, she refused to do so.

Bottom line, millions of former slaves are now free because of Daenerys Targaryen.  That makes Daenerys a hero.  

The former masters and their terrorists arm, the Harpy, are responsible for the problems in Meereen.  What they should do is give up on slavery. It is the right thing to do to accept the change.  But they don't want to do the right thing.   Instead they're working to bring it back.  They are to be blamed because they want to continue enslaving people.

4 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I sincerely have no idea what you are talking about.

A dragon egg hatches in days or weeks. In time by the Targaryen era in Westeros, the Dragons started dying off and their eggs stopped hatching, so no new Dragons were born.  Over the decade's un-hatched eggs became fossilized. Daenerys's eggs were fossilized; only stones now. They cannot become unfossilised, it is not possible. But they hatched and three Dragons were born. She felt the eggs warmth even before they hatched. In GRRM's ASOIAF religion and gods are important.

Things that are impossible without the real presence of a god or spiritual entity, like fossilized eggs to carry dragons, the resurrection of Beric Dondarrion and Catelyn do happen. Therefore I believe that a non human entity unfossilized Daenerys Targaryen for the reason that this god and/or entity wants her (or the Targaryen) to rule on Westeros again. 

4 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

First who do you think that gave her that right? She doesn't have that right in feudal society.

Robert Baratheon overthrew her father Aerys II Targaryen. The Targaryen rules around 290 years after Aegon the Conquerer took over Westeros. She has the right because she is a Targaryen and they ruled Westeros until Robert defeated her father. She is just taking back what is hers by right of Dynasty and she sees the return of the Dragons as a seal of approval of the gods to her bidden. 

1 hour ago, HallowedMarcus said:

A dragon egg hatches in days or weeks. In time by the Targaryen era in Westeros, the Dragons started dying off and their eggs stopped hatching, so no new Dragons were born.  Over the decade's un-hatched eggs became fossilized. Daenerys's eggs were fossilized; only stones now. They cannot become unfossilised, it is not possible. But they hatched and three Dragons were born. She felt the eggs warmth even before they hatched. In GRRM's ASOIAF religion and gods are important.

Things that are impossible without the real presence of a god or spiritual entity, like fossilized eggs to carry dragons, the resurrection of Beric Dondarrion and Catelyn do happen. Therefore I believe that a non human entity unfossilized Daenerys Targaryen for the reason that this god and/or entity wants her (or the Targaryen) to rule on Westeros again. 

Robert Baratheon overthrew her father Aerys II Targaryen. The Targaryen rules around 290 years after Aegon the Conquerer took over Westeros. She has the right because she is a Targaryen and they ruled Westeros until Robert defeated her father. She is just taking back what is hers by right of Dynasty and she sees the return of the Dragons as a seal of approval of the gods to her bidden. 

Dany is probably a god herself.  Theorists here say she is the maiden made of light returned to the world.  George Martin himself admitted in an interview that Dany is indeed very special. 

Kudos to all the great points raised by @HallowedMarcus @Quoth the Raven @Enzo Ferrari @The Transporter I must warn you though that the user @Jon's Queen Consort is the biggest Daenerys hater on this forum, everyone knows her by now and is tired of her old boring arguements, in every post of hers where she discusses Daenerys and her campaign in slaver's bay she brings up thesame arguments of genocide against slavers, murdering slavers etc and she has been answered with reason and logic many times by posters but she still insists on the same thing, were you to go back in this very same thread you would see the discussion I had with her and she brought up the very same arguments, now that you have eviscerated her points she will dissappear and return with the same argument and points later when everyone forgets on this thread or another. Debating with her about Daenerys is pointless since she refuses to see the basic ethical reasons of the war against the vile slavers because her hatred for Dany and Targaryens has blinded her. (Even the wiki calls the conflict 'the war for the emancipation of slavery' but she calls it genocide) 

On 04/07/2017 at 5:12 PM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

No, being drunk is not an excuse for taking out a sword and pointing it at a pregnant women's stomach and threatening to cut the baby out of her. Viserys actually touched the tip of the blade to her body.

How can a man be held accountable for something he did unwittingly? Would you be held accountable for something  you did while sleeping even though you were not aware of your sorroundings?

Aerys didn't just rape her in the sense he forced himself on her which is bad enough, he brutalized her in a way that Jaime wanted to protect Rhaella from Aerys. This was originally started when you said Aerys never hurt his own family right? Then I said he raped his sister-wife.

Yes but what you have to understand is that Aerys didn't start with the intention of hurting his wife ( he was a madman remember?) He didn't plan it, he didn't savage Rhaella because she disobeyed him and he wanted to punish her (which is similar to what happened in dany and Viserys' case) I'm sure if you were to ask Aerys he would tell you it was just part of the sex and he was taking his rights as a husband.

You and @SeanF have no way of knowing if Dany would get a pass for spilling blood in Vaes Dothrak. Even when Viserys took out his sword and threatened to cut Dany's baby out Drogo handled him in a way that spilt no blood. If someone was ever justified in spilling blood Drogo would have been to protect his wife and child yet he didn't, not in Vaes Dothrak. Even when Viserys was poking Dany's belly with a sword. 

You also have no way of knowing that she would not get a pass or that she would be punished if she spilled blood as a khaleesi. What happened in the case of drogo and Dany was different, danearys had to do something quick at that moment or else Viserys would have hurt her, so she did the only thing she could have done, all in self defense. While Drogo had Viserys subdued, he didn't need to act quickly, Viserys was already disarmed and no longer a threat, so drogo could kill him at his leisure, he had the time to devise a way to kill him without spilling blood, Dany did not. I'm sure Drogo would also have spilled his blood if he was in danger himself regardless of the rules.

The Iron Bank did not give a loan to House Baratheon they gave it to the Iron Throne. Ignoring this doesn't change that fact. Who ever sits on the Iron Throne will owe the Iron Bank the debt, that's how Braavos sees it.

I agree that it would be better if Dany pays the debts but she would also be within her rights to refuse to pay, since it was a usurper and a rebel who requested and used the money.

On 04/07/2017 at 7:27 PM, WSmith84 said:

Of course we hold people responsible for what they do while intoxicated. You don't not go to prison just because you were pissed when you did whatever. You can't kill a man and then say 'well, I was hammered, not my fault.'

In the 21st century yeah, but in midieval times? I'm not so sure.

People complain plenty about Robert raping Cersei. And both Robert and Jaime know that that behaviour is wrong: Jaime wants to protect his Queen from her own husband and Robert feels shame and drinks to forget.

Point taken, but you say people complain, they only do it in their minds then, what i meant was complaining to the king or trying to bring up a grievance against him or something. No one would do that, even if he wasn't king, even if he was a peasant, I don't think people in the middle ages recognised rape if it was between husband and wife.

Any ruler with some sense will come to an arrangement with the Iron Bank and pay what they are owed, regardless of whether it's a Baratheon or Targaryen. I'm sure Aegon or Dany could probably get a favourable deal from the bank, where they don't need to pay everything so quickly (plus they can always take the gold from the Lannisters as punishment and pay the bank with that). But it would be deeply unwise, I think, for any ruler to reject the payments. A dragon can win you a battle, burn down a castle and kill your enemies, but it can't stop a knife in the dark or a cup of poison wine.

Are you suggesting that the iron bank would have the monarch of Westeros killed because they refused to honour the debts of a usurper? And what would that achieve? And if they risk carying out such reckless move and someone finds out they'll be in big trouble. Imagine a scenerio whereby Dany refuses to pay the debt, the iron bank secretly sends an assassin to kill her and somehow unfortunately the plot succeeds but is botched and people find out about it? I imagine the next king her son and heir declaring war against bravos and God help them if he isin't a dragon rider or he would burn the titan to ashes or at least bring it to its knees.

7 hours ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

How can a man be held accountable for something he did unwittingly? Would you be held accountable for something  you did while sleeping even though you were not aware of your sorroundings?

He wasn't sleeping, he had been drinking which are two completely different things. Yes, a person who is drunk is accountable for what they do. Viserys was conscience and knew exactly what he was doing. The whole Dothraki trip he had been complaining that Drogo hadn't given him his army and threatening Dany. He didn't just randomly stumble into the tent and drew his sword to fight invisible men.

If Daario or Tyrion got drunk and tried to strangle Dany to death should they not be punished for it? 

8 hours ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

Yes but what you have to understand is that Aerys didn't start with the intention of hurting his wife ( he was a madman remember?) He didn't plan it, he didn't savage Rhaella because she disobeyed him and he wanted to punish her (which is similar to what happened in dany and Viserys' case) I'm sure if you were to ask Aerys he would tell you it was just part of the sex and he was taking his rights as a husband.

I understand perfectly. Aerys was a terrible person that treated his sister-wife horribly by brutalizing and raping her after he got aroused by watching people being burned alive. Rhaella was literally crying out in pain telling Aerys "your hurting me " over and over. Do you honestly think he couldn't understand that? 

You also have no way of knowing that she would not get a pass or that she would be punished if she spilled blood as a khaleesi. What happened in the case of drogo and Dany was different, danearys had to do something quick at that moment or else Viserys would have hurt her, so she did the only thing she could have done, all in self defense. While Drogo had Viserys subdued, he didn't need to act quickly, Viserys was already disarmed and no longer a threat, so drogo could kill him at his leisure, he had the time to devise a way to kill him without spilling blood, Dany did not. I'm sure Drogo would also have spilled his blood if he was in danger himself regardless of the rules.

All we know is that it is forbidden to spill a free man's blood in Vaes Dothrak for everyone even Khals. There is nothing in the text that suggests there is a loop pole around it. Also Dany had other options then hitting Viserys, she could have called out for help, but she hit him out of anger.

After she hits him she says "You are the one who forgets himself" Dany said to him "Didn't you learn anything that day in the grass? Leave me now before I summon my Khas to drag you out." 

She could have called for her Khas the moment Viserys grabbed her as she lets us know they are near by to drag him out. Instead she strikes her King and spills his blood.

I agree that it would be better if Dany pays the debts but she would also be within her rights to refuse to pay, since it was a usurper and a rebel who requested and used the money.

The Iron Bank made a loan to the Iron Throne. Whoever sits the Iron Throne has to repay it. It's that's simple. They don't care about excuses or anything else. They are powerful and feared by everyone.

Archived