If dany becomes queen, what would she change?

aventador577

On 5/21/2017 at 9:41 PM, snow is the man said:

I agree she will be better because she can keep it unified because whenever someone thinks of rebelling they will remember the dragons. that said I don't see how jon snow can be blamed for westeros being a mess. He was in the nights watch and didn't contribute at all to the war except helping stannis in a small way and in truth he had no choice since pissing stannis off was out of the question. And since stannis saved the nights watch. I would say cersei,balon,joffrey,roose bolton,tywin lannister,and a few others were the ones to blame.

**I agree with you there. I don't particularly love STANNis, but his actions were intended to serve THE REalm. Jon and NW wouldn't be around without without his support.

I think dany would likely do alot better helping the common people and getting the nobles in line. She has a good heart but can be ruthless as well. Also I think she would do better in westeros then in mereen and the free cities. There she is changing hundreds of years  or maybe thousands of tradition and is a complete outsider. Also she hasn't really used a dragon like she can if she rides one and actually controls it.

**YOu bring a good point here.  Isn't Dany kind of an outsider wherever she goes? The details of her childhood are murky, and she's grown up in Essos. Her Valyrian ancestors were originally from Essos. Maybe Dany is not meant for Westeros.

Maybe the ice will never  thaw in Westeros. We would need a stark/snow/descendant of the First Men/greenseers in those lands. 

I think Dany should return East, or use the dragons to explore more of the "unknown" world. Or (I'm reaching here) we could find a cure for Greyscale and return to Valyria?

If The Doom was punishment from the gods ( Valyrians using slavery and blood magic and human sacrifice), there is a chance for redemption. The Targaryens weren't one of the main Valyrians houses at that time, either. Maybe Dany can return to her ancestral home and rebuild the Valyrians legacy?

13 hours ago, Yucef Menaerys said:

Are you suggesting that the iron bank would have the monarch of Westeros killed because they refused to honour the debts of a usurper? And what would that achieve? And if they risk carying out such reckless move and someone finds out they'll be in big trouble. Imagine a scenerio whereby Dany refuses to pay the debt, the iron bank secretly sends an assassin to kill her and somehow unfortunately the plot succeeds but is botched and people find out about it? I imagine the next king her son and heir declaring war against bravos and God help them if he isin't a dragon rider or he would burn the titan to ashes or at least bring it to its knees.

Yes, I am suggesting that. It would not be their first recourse, but to the Iron Bank their reputation is everything. They can afford for Westeros not to pay back its loan, but the damage to their reputation is something they won't stand for. I imagine they'd send a Faceless Man, someone less likely to botch said assassination than your average killer. And then simply wait and see if the next monarch is less intransigent to the Bank's demands. Or they might try a more subtle tactic and raise up a new Prince to challenge Dany's/Aegon's throne.

5 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

Yes, I am suggesting that. It would not be their first recourse, but to the Iron Bank their reputation is everything. They can afford for Westeros not to pay back its loan, but the damage to their reputation is something they won't stand for. I imagine they'd send a Faceless Man, someone less likely to botch said assassination than your average killer. And then simply wait and see if the next monarch is less intransigent to the Bank's demands. Or they might try a more subtle tactic and raise up a new Prince to challenge Dany's/Aegon's throne.

And even if you weren't suggesting that, the text has spelled it all out for us. So, I honestly don't see any room to doubt their policies and methods.

21 hours ago, The Transporter said:

Dany is probably a god herself.  Theorists here say she is the maiden made of light returned to the world.  George Martin himself admitted in an interview that Dany is indeed very special. 

This is the problem with irrational Dany worship. GRRM is not describing a goddess but an individual who has both virtues and flaws and who is trying to do what she feels is right but not always succeeding at it. It's not just Dany, all the central characters in ASOIAF are fighting their internal battles and demons and that is what makes these characters interesting. Dany may look like a goddess but she's not one. Even Jon, who by GRRM's own admission comes closest to being the most traditional hero in the books, has his doubts and makes mistakes. He is constantly fighting his internal battles to do what he believes is right against his own desires and wants. No Gods or Goddesses in this story only flesh and blood humans with all their many flaws. As for R'hlor or the Great Other, we'll have to wait and see what GRRM's end commentary is on the existence of these deities. 

If Dany is to br considered a goddess, I suppose it might relate more to Greek mythos- gods and goddesses are not almighty, but have flaws.

There is something "divine" within her circumstances, but she is human and that can easily lead to her downfall. There is something "divine" or super-human within many of our characters. 

If she thinks she is a goddess, we will surely see her mortality. Hubris is probably her biggest danger. 

On 7/8/2017 at 4:03 PM, Quoth the raven, said:

Bottom line, millions of former slaves are now free because of Daenerys Targaryen.  That makes Daenerys a hero.  

The former masters and their terrorists arm, the Harpy, are responsible for the problems in Meereen.  What they should do is give up on slavery. It is the right thing to do to accept the change.  But they don't want to do the right thing.   Instead they're working to bring it back.  They are to be blamed because they want to continue enslaving people.

This. 

1 hour ago, Reisendame said:

If Dany is to br considered a goddess, I suppose it might relate more to Greek mythos- gods and goddesses are not almighty, but have flaws.

There is something "divine" within her circumstances, but she is human and that can easily lead to her downfall. There is something "divine" or super-human within many of our characters. 

If she thinks she is a goddess, we will surely see her mortality. Hubris is probably her biggest danger. 

Magic is associated with several of the main characters including Dany. Magic is a great part of the ASOIAF fabric. Divinity is a whole different thing. Magic in GRRM's world does not equate to divinity. The Targs thought of themselves as superior to mere mortals because of their unique looks and dragon abilities. Dany is under the mistaken impression that being a Targ she cannot get sick or burn. As you rightly said that it is hubris on her part to feel this way. She got this information from her mentally disturbed brother but she continues to believe it. We'll see how things turns out for her in the end if she continues to view herself as above mere mortals. 

• Genocide
  • Massacres
  • Mass executions
  • Probably introduce some laws that make her the unquestionable tyrant of Westeros
  • Introduce some extra anti-slavery laws on top of the ones that already exist
  • decriminalize raping and murder for a time
  • Introduce some new infrastructure? maybe( I doubt it) 
  • Give the Tyrell's the Stormlands?(Unlikely but possible) 
  • Give Dorne some extra power and influence in the capital 
  • She would most likely start supporting the Nights Watch

Archived