Will house Hightower join Euron?

LordImp

The Hightowers have a history when it comes to making peace with their enemies. 

- They married the Gardeners rather than figthing them

- They did the same with the Andals

- They opened the gates for Aegon I

Any chance they will do the same with Euron?

Euron dosent have the manpower to take Oldtown and the Hightowers are definetly stronger when it comes to men . But maybe they fear that the Ironborn will damage their wealth and trade , so they decides to join Euron instead of risking loosing a lot of wealth. 

And if it is true that Leyton is involved with some magic , could it be that he is involved with the same magic as Euron? 

Maybe they know something about Euron and his potential that they join him out of fear? 

6 hours ago, LordImp said:

Any chance they will do the same with Euron?

Not bloody likely.  They're already fighting the ironborn the best they can.

"The Hightower must be doing something."

"To be sure. Lord Leyton's locked atop his tower with the Mad Maid, consulting books of spells. Might be he'll raise an army from the deeps. Or not. Baelor's building galleys, Gunthor has charge of the harbor, Garth is training new recruits, and Humfrey's gone to Lys to hire sellsails. If he can winkle a proper fleet out of his whore of a sister, we can start paying back the ironmen with some of their own coin. Till then, the best we can do is guard the sound and wait for the bitch queen in King's Landing to let Lord Paxter off his leash."--A Feast for Crows - Samwell V

So, maybe if they get to overwhelmed after a while, they might bend the knee to Euron, but they likely have a numbers advantage,

"What is Lord Hightower doing?" Sam blurted. "My father always said he was as wealthy as the Lannisters, and could command thrice as many swords as any of Highgarden's other bannermen."--A Feast for Crows - Samwell V

so I just don't see that happening.

Archived